PDA

View Full Version : Zodiak Spear details?

Cloud_Lion_Heart
06-12-2007, 05:07 AM
When and how do you find the spear? I just made it to phon coast and I wanna go fight the bomb king now. Should I?

Hambone
06-12-2007, 05:54 AM
What level are you on? I'd battle him at level 38. Watch out for Renew. Beat him quickly and leave at least one of his bomb minions out too.

Renmiri
06-12-2007, 06:24 PM
38 is a good level. Use quickenings

Shattered Dreamer
06-13-2007, 12:20 AM
The trick to the Bomb King is when he gets to 3/4 health it runs off at that point & casts renew. Just as he goes to do that it him with quickenings. A chain of 7-8 should be enough. Buy some hankerchief too he has some attack that causes oil which turns his near harmless fire attacks it disaster.

As far as the Zodiak Spear goes I'd like too know where it is too:confused:

Shiva_
06-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Yes. You have to beat the Bomb King first before you can get the Zodiac Spear. The spear is in the Necrohol of Nabudis, which is outside of the SW part (Corridor of Ages) of the northern part of the Salikawood (north of where the Bomb King is).

To help you in the battle, you can equip one of your characters with the Nihopalaoa. You have to complete 10 marks before this accessory becomes available at the muthru bazaar shop.
Using a Remedy on the Bomb King with a Nihopalaoa equipped will put him in Disease status which makes his current HP equal his max HP. This makes him unable to Renew. In addition, this will silence him, and he won't be able to call for more Bombs.
The accessory costs 30000 gil, so I don't know if you want to spend that much now (assuming it's available at the shop now).

Guns aren't very good against the Bomb King or any Bomb-based foes for that matter. Like flans and ghosts, bomb-based foes are more resistant to gun damage.

Jiro
06-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Bomb King was easy for me, after i came back. First I did all of Phon Coast and Parts of Tchita Uplands. By that time i was kickin'. But i was only level 39-40 so 38 should be fine.

Sword
06-16-2007, 05:32 PM
The Zodiak spear is in one of 16 treasure urns in one room in the Cloister of the Highborn in the Necrohol of Nabudis (If you have the Diamond Armlet equipped you will recieve a Dark Mater instead so make sure you dont have it on). There are certain conditions that have to be met in order for that chest to be there though: There are 4 treasure urns in the game you must NOT open for the spear to appear in the Necrohol (You're probably thinking "Oh :skull::skull::skull::skull:" -_-).

The first urn you must not open is the one directly opposite Dalan's house in Lowtown.

The second is in the cellar you enter to get into the Royal Palace of Rabanastre at the start of the game. Its the urn in the south-east corner of the room.

The third is in a place called the Confiscatory in the Nalbina Dungeons. It's a small room with a save crystal that joins the Arena and the Black Watch. In here there are 3 treasure urns. The one you must not open is the one in the middle.

The fourth and final forbidden urn is in the Phon Coast. Remember the 16 urns all grouped together in The Vaddu Strand. Well one is in their. I'm not sure which one so I recommend not touching any.

I wish I knew this when I played through it cos I opened every treasure urn I came across and therefore missed that particular opportunity to recieve the Zodiac Spear. Fortunatly though all is not lost if you also did not succeed in this because you can also aquire it in the Henne Mines in the Phase 2 Dig. Beware though that monsters here are off a higher level than the Necrohol of Nabudis. Its kinda hard to explain so I hope my directions to the urn are clear enough. When you enter the Phase 2 Dig from the Ore Separation go straight and take the first right that APPEARS on the map (there is a secret right before that, that leads to a dead end and isn't displayed on the map). Follow that path and there should be some steps along the way too (just to make sure you're on the right track). When you come out of this man made structure part of the tunnel to the next dirt path there is another SECRET right turn that you won't see on the map that leads to a dead end. Just go along the right wall until you find it. You've now reached it. There is a single Urn in here but it's not as simple as just opening it. You MUST have the Diamond Armlet equipped, then it's a question of probability. The chances of you actually getting a Zodiac spear from this is quite poor. First of all the chances of recieving gil from the urn is 90% while the chances of getting an item are 10%. However it doesn't end here. If you do happen to get an item the chances of that item being the Zodiac Spear are only 10% again. The other 90% gives you an elixer.

Hopefully this'll help you guys out. I have yet to wield this weapon myself, so good luck with it.

Cloud_Lion_Heart
06-19-2007, 07:54 AM
cool can you get 2?

Shiva_
06-19-2007, 03:51 PM
cool can you get 2?

Sword wrote in detail about a way to get a second spear or get one if you missed the first one in the necrohol, so I will give an outline on it and include a map.

You must have the Diamond Armlet to get it.

The chest has a 10% chance of appearing.
If it appears, there's a 90% chance that it's gil and a 10% chance that it's an item.
If it's an item, there's a 90% chance that it's an Elixer and a 10% chance that it's the Zodiac Spear.

So you're looking at a 1/1000 chance in getting the Zodiac Spear whenever you enter the chest location of the Henne Mines.

I read that if you enter the chest location for the very first time, then the chances go up to 1/100 as the chest is supposedly always there the first time, but I've never seen this to be the case.

Here's a map of the 2nd part of the Henne Mines. It shows all of the chest locations including the Zodiac Spear one.
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/2181/finalfantasyxiihennesecqj8.jpg
Chest E is what you'd be looking for.

Sword
06-19-2007, 10:09 PM
cool can you get 2?

Sword wrote in detail about a way to get a second spear or get one if you missed the first one in the necrohol, so I will give an outline on it and include a map.

You must have the Diamond Armlet to get it.

The chest has a 10% chance of appearing.
If it appears, there's a 90% chance that it's gil and a 10% chance that it's an item.
If it's an item, there's a 90% chance that it's an Elixer and a 10% chance that it's the Zodiac Spear.

So you're looking at a 1/1000 chance in getting the Zodiac Spear whenever you enter the chest location of the Henne Mines.

I read that if you enter the chest location for the very first time, then the chances go up to 1/100 as the chest is supposedly always there the first time, but I've never seen this to be the case.

Here's a map of the 2nd part of the Henne Mines. It shows all of the chest locations including the Zodiac Spear one.
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/2181/finalfantasyxiihennesecqj8.jpg
Chest E is what you'd be looking for.
Yes. So much clearer than mine lol