PDA

View Full Version : Game Soundtrack Advice Needed

Mr Nice
06-12-2007, 10:30 AM
I have been thinking of doing something that involves music from games. I need to get some ideas, because there are so many people out there who would be interested in doing the same thing, so I need to try to be as origional as possible. I have two ideas, one is a website that contains reviews of video game soundtracks submitted by the site staff and the other is a podcast in which the hosts review video game soundtrack albums in each podcast and plays a few of the songs. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Sakura
06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Pokemon Diamond Soundtrack ^__^

Avarice-ness
06-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Lounge. *runs off flailing arms*

Markus. D
06-13-2007, 05:28 AM
oooooh. Whatever it is. Make sure you include the Drakengard 2 soundtrack~

Zeromus_X
06-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Are you asking us which of your ideas is better? Or do you want suggestions of good video game music?

Anyway, your second idea does sound original. As for great video game tunes, look no further than Motoi Sakuraba.

Slothy
06-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Hmm, I do like the sound of the second one to a certain degree, though I think it's pretty similar to what RPGFan does for soundtracks already. Granted their reviews are written, but they also have clips of some songs as well. That said, having a few people sitting down and discussing the soundtracks could end up with much more interesting back and forth conversation between them which would make it unique and different.

Rostum
06-14-2007, 08:44 AM
I think either would be fine if you have knowledgeable people with a passion for music. Any joe-shmoe can be a critic, especially when it comes to music; they are generally bad because they have no clue what they are on about.

Mr Nice
06-14-2007, 09:21 AM
I think either would be fine if you have knowledgeable people with a passion for music. Any joe-shmoe can be a critic, especially when it comes to music; they are generally bad because they have no clue what they are on about.

I am a music composer, and a talented musician. I also have a passion for video game music. I have listened to a number of podcasts online dedicated to video game music, most of them are crap because the hosts have no idea what they're going on about, I on the other hand have a collection of game soundtracks which were all purchased and not downloaded illegally. So, I'm all set.

Rostum
06-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Good for you. Just remember that not everybody respects someone who toots their own horn. That and having legit or illegal copies of music, does not make someone more or less passionate.

Dragonsoul
09-27-2007, 05:01 AM
Is the idea for a website still on? Pm me if you are interested in making one.

Heath
10-09-2007, 08:22 PM
The second sounds like a really interesting idea; certainly something I'd consider listening to. Yasunori Mitsuda has produced some absolutely fantastic music, just look at CT, CC and the Shadow Hearts games.