PDA

View Full Version : Single Player Vs Multi Player

Mr Nice
06-12-2007, 10:53 AM
What do you prefer for the best gaming experience?

Personally, I prefer Single Player. I think it's more of a personal experience, and can be played at my own leissure. Whereas multi player is a lot faster. I like to take my time.

Rostum
06-12-2007, 11:18 AM
It depends what kind of game it is.

Breine
06-12-2007, 01:54 PM

I totally agree. It really does depend on what game it is. E.g., take GoldenEye - I personally didn't think that the single player mode was that spectacular, but the multi player mode was just absolutely amazing and so much fun that I get really nostalgic just thinking about it. Games like Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid work undoubtedly best as single player games for obvious reasons, whereas fighting games like Tekken and Soul Calibur work great as both single and multi player games in my opinion.

But, anyway - it totally depends on what genre and game we're talking about.

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 06:58 PM
FFIX is WAY more fun multi-player. Especially when you accidently cast fire on your friend's character and they get mad, and you end up battling eachother and totally ignoring that thing...

I wish Square made more of their games that way.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-12-2007, 07:24 PM
To be honest, I play much more single player games than multiplayer. Multiplayer LANs are really, really great fun - but they take a lot of organisation. Split-screen is okay, but having your own screen is better. I don't like internet play.

Tavrobel
06-12-2007, 07:29 PM

I agree, yet I prefer multiplayer games, simply because it's more fun to pawn someone and then laugh.

ZeZipster
06-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Multi-player, I'm competitive.

Madame Adequate
06-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I tend to prefer SP, but that doesn't mean I don't play MP stuff on a pretty regular basis. I just find it awkward and annoying, at least with online stuff.

Nominus Experse
06-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I prefer cooperative play, so that I can sit and create a bunch of useless units - like Acolytes - that storm their base successfully.

I think I prefer single player as a whole though.

Rostum
06-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I guess I shall elaborate on my previous post.

There are games that are just purely awesome when played in multi-player mode. You have some FPS (though not generally a huge fan of them), fighting games, racing games (Mario Kart DS over Wi-Fi is just so much fun!), real time strategy (StarCraft anyone?), and MMO's.

Then there's RPG's, action, adventure and puzzle games that I love to just sit down by myself and get immersed into the worlds.

Though in saying that, I spend my time playing a lot of MMO's. I ended up playing FFXI for more than three years, and I'm now playing WoW. I have played LotR Online, Ragnarok Online, Guild Wars (not a proper MMO though), etc. And I just have fun with them, generally.

Dreddz
06-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Depends entirely on what game im playing. When it comes to fighters, multi player is always more fun ( unless im playing some complete novice ) but RPG are best left to when im alone with the blinds closed and the lights turned off.

In general however, I'd say I have more fun single player.

CloudSquallandZidane
06-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Multi-player, I'm competitive.

I'm just the shiznite!!! AND I WILL PROVE IT TO YOU ALL!

(Thats why I like multi-player)