PDA

View Full Version : Good Place to Level Up *minor spoilers*

Zora
06-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Okay I am late in disc 2 (I just been to Trabia garden with the flash-back to the orphanage). Afterwards I saved and I peeked ahead at the next boss. I noticed that my guide said that Seifer has an attack that does 1,500 points of damage. Now I do realize that as your levels go up, your bosses HP goes up (well, most of the time). But anyways knowing that, I want to be able to level up to the point I can withstand Seifer's attack (so like 1,600?). But where is the best place to level up?

Tallulah
06-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Hmm, I would say the islands closest to Heaven/Hell, but it doesn't appear you have the right aircraft yet...

Try fighting some enemies on the Centra continent, especially in the forests. As you're on the World Map, you can save regularly, but stock up on Tents beforehand, so you don't use so many Potions.

Also, junction mid or High level magic (-ara or -aga magic) to you Str stat, if you have it. If not, distribute your GFs so at least three have this ability. Failing that, junction to your HP stat.

Xurts
06-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Okay I am late in disc 2 (I just been to Trabia garden with the flash-back to the orphanage). Afterwards I saved and I peeked ahead at the next boss. I noticed that my guide said that Seifer has an attack that does 1,500 points of damage. Now I do realize that as your levels go up, your bosses HP goes up (well, most of the time). But anyways knowing that, I want to be able to level up to the point I can withstand Seifer's attack (so like 1,600?). But where is the best place to level up?
Leveling up will just make this battle harder. That's the last thing you want to do right now. What you need is stronger magic Junctioned to your stats. Putting 100 Full-Life on HP will really give it a boost. Get some Regen Rings and refine those into Full-Life with Siren's L Mag-RF. Chimeras and Mesmerizes drop these. You can find Chimeras in the Kashkabald Desert (directly west of cactuar island) and Mesmerizes around Trabia. 100 Tornado is the best option for Str at the moment. Draw those from Thrustaevis around Deling City. Junctioning something decent to Vit will help too, so draw some Meltdown from Gaylas around Trabia. Make sure to get as much as you can of the above magic (preferably 100).

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Here's what I do:
Have Quetzacoatl learn Card and the card refining ability. Have Diablos learn the time/space magic refining ability, and Siren learn the Life/Recovery magic refining ability. Refine Diablos's card into 100 Black Holes, and refine those into Demi's for all of your party members. Refine Sacred's (or maybe it was Minotaur's) card into 100 Dino Bones and refine those into quakes. Junction those to your HP and Strength.

Go to Cetra and get Odin, you might want Diablos to learn Enc-None so you have plenty of time to fight him. He won't do anything at all, but you have a time limit, and if it runs out in battle, it's game over. Refine his card into 100...somethings...that refine into Deaths. Junction those wherever you want.

You never really have to draw or level up much, just use lots of refining abilities to get lots of magic to junction.

Xurts
06-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Here's what I do:
Have Quetzacoatl learn Card and the card refining ability. Have Diablos learn the time/space magic refining ability, and Siren learn the Life/Recovery magic refining ability. Refine Diablos's card into 100 Black Holes, and refine those into Demi's for all of your party members. Refine Sacred's (or maybe it was Minotaur's) card into 100 Dino Bones and refine those into quakes. Junction those to your HP and Strength.
Sacred's card mods into 100 Dino Bones, Minotaur's into 10 Adamantine.

Quake is great for strength early on, but Tornado is stronger once it's available. I wouldn't recommend Demi for HP, Regen and Full-Life are a much better choice.

Go to Cetra and get Odin, you might want Diablos to learn Enc-None so you have plenty of time to fight him. He won't do anything at all, but you have a time limit, and if it runs out in battle, it's game over. Refine his card into 100...somethings...that refine into Deaths. Junction those wherever you want.
Speaking of Odin, when you fight him make sure to draw 300 Triples. Odin is by far the best source for Triples, so if you fight him then definitely draw as much as you possibly can (300!). Odin's card refines into 100 Dead Spirits, which refine further into Deaths. The best place for that is either Status Defense or Attack. I put Death on 1 character's Status Attack, that way it's a 1 hit kill if the enemy isn't immune to it.

daggertrepe
06-12-2007, 08:28 PM
The island closest to heaven is where I went.

Serapy
06-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Keep training, doesn't matter which monsters, and level up your GF and abilities, they will make you stronger, by then, move on to stronger monsters.

ReloadPsi
06-14-2007, 03:00 AM
The island closest to heaven is where I went.

On disc 2?

Ya anyway, I personally like the training centre in the garden. Grats don't offer all THAT much EXP, but if you've got 100 Deaths junctioned on Status-Atk-J, you can kill T-Rexaurs in a single blow. Usually. They give handsome levels of EXP and 10 AP too.

Fighting Fastitocalons on the beaches just about anywhere is good too; again, a Death-tipped weapon as described above makes it easier, but beware of them dropping their crap cards: You need five of it to refine and get rid of it should you be wishing to play cards in areas that enforce the Random rule.

And Seifer? Well, keep Siren's Move-Find ability equipped at all times on your first run through the game. You'll see a couple of hidden draw points with the "Aura" spell before you have to fight him. Cast Aura on Squall, then hit Seifer with Renzokuken (as Aura is a spell that enables the use of Limit Breaks, regardless of your situation). I outright guarantee you won't have to hit him more than twice with it, but keep in mind you fight him a second time (where he's weaker and way easier).

So with the latter part in mind, there's no need to worry about this special attack: He will not get to use it.

Hearts
06-15-2007, 06:56 AM
my favorite place to level up would be the island closet to heaven/hell. :]

Peter_20
06-15-2007, 07:32 AM
The Training Center is surprisingly effective, seeing as you can reach it right at the beginning of the game.

I used to reach LV23 before even finishing the Fire Cavern. :D

Ender
06-16-2007, 05:13 PM
I would avoid leveling until you have the GFs with the STR, MAG, SPR, and VIT Bonus abilities (or I suppose HP if you want). And even better if you have the Jumbo Cactuar GF (when you get to disk 3) so you can level two characters up with bonuses simultaneously. If you began "level grinding" at LV 20 for example, you can accumulate 80 points worth of stat bonuses for each stat if you max out. That's the best way I've found to stay ahead of the "curve" for enemy level growth. Otherwise you're far better off staying at a lower level but junctioning magic for optimal stat boosting. Favor HP as it will allow you to hit your limit breaks more frequently provided you keep your current HP level higher than the typical attacks done by your adversaries so you don't get annihilated.

Xurts
06-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I would avoid leveling until you have the GFs with the STR, MAG, SPR, and VIT Bonus abilities (or I suppose HP if you want). And even better if you have the Jumbo Cactuar GF (when you get to disk 3) so you can level two characters up with bonuses simultaneously. If you began "level grinding" at LV 20 for example, you can accumulate 80 points worth of stat bonuses for each stat if you max out. That's the best way I've found to stay ahead of the "curve" for enemy level growth. Otherwise you're far better off staying at a lower level but junctioning magic for optimal stat boosting. Favor HP as it will allow you to hit your limit breaks more frequently provided you keep your current HP level higher than the typical attacks done by your adversaries so you don't get annihilated.
That's definitely the best way to level. ^_^

I did that on my most recent playthrough. I didn't level anyone up once, and I went straight to the ICTH, equipped Bonus abilities, and leveled to 100. It takes awhile for all 6 characters.

rubah
06-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Improve your junctions. Refine some stuff into curagas (tents I think?) and junction them to HP.

Zora
06-17-2007, 02:46 AM
Update: Well whoever said to go to Centra continent I have to thank for. He accidentally set me to the next dungeon (you are forced into it, it is the Balamb-Galbadia Garden war thingy. You know, Garden Wars).

But anyways, once I get Squall to level 30 (which is one level) that should give me access to the top tier spells monsters have to offer. Which means I have a question. What is the best magic to junction to each stat and what is the best monster to get it from?

Or what is the best way to get it via refining a card. Tell me where to get the card though...

Also, in the time-compressed world, is it possible to go back the normal world?

rubah
06-17-2007, 04:35 PM
You can go to the world map during time compression, but no cities.

Xurts
06-17-2007, 08:24 PM
But anyways, once I get Squall to level 30 (which is one level) that should give me access to the top tier spells monsters have to offer. Which means I have a question. What is the best magic to junction to each stat and what is the best monster to get it from?

Or what is the best way to get it via refining a card. Tell me where to get the card though...

Also, in the time-compressed world, is it possible to go back the normal world?
Remember that it's not just Squall's level, it's the average of the people in your current party.

Ultima is the strongest for most stats, but since you can only put it on one stat, either Mag or Str is the best choice depending on the character.

HP: Full-Life
You can draw Full-Life from Tonberry King and Bahamut. It can also be refined from Regen Rings (won from Torama's and Mesmerizes) with Siren's L Mag-RF. You need 10 Chimera cards for 1 Regen Ring so that's not the best choice.

Str: Ultima/Meteor
I would suggest refining Ultima from Dark Matter. You need 100 Curse Spikes, then refine those into a Dark Matter with Lvl. 100 Siren's Tool-RF. Defeat or mug Tri-Faces for Curse Spikes, they spawn at fixed points in the Deep Sea Research Center. You can also mod Tri-Face cards.

The easiest way to get Meteor is to draw it from Ruby Dragons. KO one party member before you fight one though. It won't hurt you then.

Vit: Meltdown
Draw Meltdown from Gaylas around Trabia and mod Gayla cards for Mystery Fluids which refine into Meltdown with Diablos's ST Mag-RF.

Mag: Ultima/Triple
Triples can be drawn from Odin and Cerberus. Other than that you'll have to mod a card which isn't available until Esthar.

Spr: Reflect
Reflect can be drawn from Adamantoises and refined from Dragon Skins which are won from Anacondaurs. You can also mod Carbuncle's card for 3 Glow Curtains, which refine into 100 Reflects each. You can win the Carbuncle card from Xu, who is a member of the CC group.

Spd: Triple/Haste
Draw Haste from Vysages around Winhill. You can also mod Kiros's card for 3 Accelerators. 1 Accelerator refines into 100 Haste. To get Kiros's card you must first lose MiniMog to the Queen of Cards. Talk to her in Dollet and she will tell you her father made the Kiros card based off of MiniMog. Then go to Deling City and challenge the guy wearing black on the left side of the street by the Shopping Arcade.

Eva: Tornado
Draw from Thrustaevis around Deling City. You can also refine Windmills. Thrustaevis and Abyss Worms drop those. Modding Abyss Worm and Pandemona cards works too.

Hit: Double
Double can be drawn from Grendel, Elnoyle, Cerberus, and Odin along with several other enemies.

Luck: Aura
Buy Hypno Crowns and Power Wrists from one of the Esthar shops, and refine those into Aura Stones with Siren's Tool-RF. Refine the Aura Stones into Auras with Leviathan's Supt Mag-RF.

^_^

enigma1234
07-17-2007, 07:47 AM
If your getting pissed because you can't pass that or some hard battles just use gameshark (problem solved) but real gamers never uses cheats,etc. -just an opinion-

terus01
07-19-2007, 05:02 PM
The Training Center is surprisingly effective, seeing as you can reach it right at the beginning of the game.

I used to reach LV23 before even finishing the Fire Cavern. :D

I'm around level 20 at that time, I have Quezacolt learned Summag 10%, 20%, 30%, etc. So I'm READY to face THE GIANT SPIDER ROBOT. I'm so happy when I can KILL it.

But The real troubled I got later, in disc three, from the JUMBO CACTUAR. I think I'm too much leveling up, and the jumbo have a great HP too, and I'm end up with he RAN AWAY.

Suggestion: Get the LIONHEART SOON!!

Do not Stuck on your card supply, ok? it helps..

Is there another place more hard to levelling than Island closest to H/H? I am got bored with that two place...

Goldenboko
07-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Don't bother leveling up til the end and thats only if you want to fight Omega Weapon. All of the other bosses in the game can be defeated with decent junctions.

Trisdyn
07-28-2007, 03:37 AM
Hey guys, You could go through all that hassle of making items from rings and what-not, OR, you could go to the island closest to Hell/Heaven and walk around. There are invisible withdraw points that contain the strongest spells in the game. And the best part is that they regenerate in literally minutes! I had like 100 of each top spells in an hour!

But uh, yeah, agreeing with Xurtes, you do NOT want to level, trust me. Monsters gain so much more stats then you do in one level, so really, your just making the game harder. Instead, get good magic, and get to Cactuar Island. Each Cactuar is worth 20AP, and since there are battles with 3 Cactuar, you can get up to 60AP a battle! (Watch out for the green thing though that's the Jumbo Cactuar.)

Originally Bespoken by Xurtes

You can also mod Kiros's card for 3 Accelerators. 1 Accelerator refines into 100 Haste.

Alternatively, you could do the Alien Sidequest. When you are completed that, you should be able to encounter the PuPu alien, which then can be defeated for an Accelerator. Or, you could give it 5 elixirs and get it's crappy Level 5 card. But it is one-of-a-kind and it does convert to Hungry Cookpot, which can be used to teach a GF the 'devour' skill (Don't get me wrong, that skill is pretty useful), or the cookpot can be converted using Tool-RF to a Shaman stone, which then can be converted AGAIN to a lot of useful items.

P.S LOL, the Jumbo Cactuar ran away from you? That never happened to me. I totally pwned him with Leviathan and Lionheart.

Xurts
07-28-2007, 03:56 AM
Hey guys, You could go through all that hassle of making items from rings and what-not, OR, you could go to the island closest to Hell/Heaven and walk around. There are invisible withdraw points that contain the strongest spells in the game. And the best part is that they regenerate in literally minutes! I had like 100 of each top spells in an hour!
Refining the rare magic is the quickest way though. It takes too long to draw from draw points for 300 of a spell. I can get 300 Ultimas in around 30-45 minutes by killing Tri-Faces in the DSRC. I don't know what else is on the ICH, but I'm sure their alternative methods are a lot quicker.

Originally Bespoken by Xurtes

You can also mod Kiros's card for 3 Accelerators. 1 Accelerator refines into 100 Haste.

Alternatively, you could do the Alien Sidequest. When you are completed that, you should be able to encounter the PuPu alien, which then can be defeated for an Accelerator. Or, you could give it 5 elixirs and get it's crappy Level 5 card. But it is one-of-a-kind and it does convert to Hungry Cookpot, which can be used to teach a GF the 'devour' skill (Don't get me wrong, that skill is pretty useful), or the cookpot can be converted using Tool-RF to a Shaman stone, which then can be converted AGAIN to a lot of useful items.

P.S LOL, the Jumbo Cactuar ran away from you? That never happened to me. I totally pwned him with Leviathan and Lionheart.
If you mod the PuPu card you won't be able to collect every card. :(

and yeah, Jumbo Cactuar can escape. You'll see a message like "Jumbo Cactaur is hesitating," and if you attack it when that message is there it will run away.