PDA

View Full Version : Raising a chocobo?

SummonerKrimzon
06-12-2007, 04:50 PM
I know that you have to wait till lvl 20 to be able to raise a chocobo, but for future reference, how do you get a chocobo egg? I started in San'doria and am still there, so can anyone please tell me? oh yeah, and where do you get a chocobo license?

Rostum
06-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Here you go:

Chocobo Raising Guide - FFXIclopedia (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Chocobo_Raising_Guide)

It's a very good website. :)

Doc Sark
06-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah, and be prepared for an arduous slog...I'd spend a month levelling low level jobs in West Ronafure so you don't have far to go to get to your chocobo. It becomes a bit of a nightmare when you have to keep travelling back to Sandy from Jeuno if you're only just about to hit level 20.

ScottNUMBERS
06-14-2007, 07:43 PM
I really wouldn't advise raising Chocobos until you get a comfortable flow of gil and maybe an airship pass.

You will need to spend alot of gil to raise a chocobo and it will end up slow. If you want one that can out-perform a regular Chocobo at the stables, you will most likely have to buy the best food etc. for your Chocobo which costs a crazy amount of Gil.

Getting back to your Chocobo is a really big pain once you've set your HP in Jeuno (Or Aht Urgan). Setting your HP where your Chocobo is however can be an even bigger pain if you have interest in leveling past 20. Even with an Airship the task of returning to a Town to feed your Chocobo is a very tedious one indeed.

It cost 1,000G a ride once you have a fully grown Chocobo (The first 25 rides are free however) and your Chocobo will be slow, most likely.

On the upside...a Chocobo available at any time is useful for places you will encounter very soon (Yhoater Jungle to name one).

At your stage of the game it would suck all your time and Gil, unless you really want to raise a Chocobo, don't.

As for a license, it is obtained in Jeuno by talking to Brutus. He asks that you look after the Chocobo next to him for awhile. You do this by Trading the Chocobo a Clump of Gausebit grass, every Vanadiel day for six days. The first two days it will not accept the grass but you must trade it to the Chocobo anyway, so you need four Clumps total.

Good luck.

Lionx
06-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Or you can continually use the silver warp taru and warp instantly to your home nation with 100 imperial standing <3