PDA

View Full Version : DN5 or SW2?

James Leopold
06-12-2007, 06:20 PM
I was thinking of buying one of these games, so I wanted to know which one do you think is the best.

Dynasty Warriors 5 or Samurai Warriors 2?

JKTrix
06-12-2007, 06:32 PM
For PS2 or 360?

I can't reccomend either of them, but SW2 is a little better than DW5. It has some more features and such.

If you're getting this for 360 and you must have a beat-em-up, I'd suggest Ninety Nine Nights (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninety-Nine_Nights). It's less terrible than the Sengoku games (though still nothing special), but at least it looks pretty (whereas SW2/DW5 look terrible).

If you're getting this for PS2 and you must have a beat-em-up, I'd strongly reccomend Odin Sphere (http://www.atlus.com/odinsphere/). It's pretty darn good *and* it's gorgeous.

--Edit: Guess you're in Wales, where Odin Sphere isn't out yet. You can probably pick up one of the earlier Dynasty games for cheaper, there isn't a whole lot of difference between them gameplay wise.

Why do you want one of the Dynasty games anyway?

ZeZipster
06-12-2007, 07:10 PM
DW5 has awesome character selection, in fact the largest in any 3D game I've ever played. It's really, really good if you're looking for a nice co-op game to play with a friend. But yeah, they do get sort of generic. I got bored after my 2nd DW and still haven't picked up the DW for the 360. It's one of those games you should definitely try. I've never played a SW but it doesn't look as flattering.

BTW: I really dislike Ninety Nine Nights, or at least the demo I played on XBL it was wretched IDK how you can compare DW to it since you only pick like one character and thats more of an RPG.

JKTrix
06-12-2007, 08:47 PM
NNN: Crowd Combat Hack n' slash, exactly like DW. The 'RPG' elements is something that could actually enhance DW. There are more than one character, but I only played the demo like you. I wouldn't buy any of the Dynasty games again unless they were very much improved.

Generally, I loathe the DW games. They're all basically the same, and I don't find it fun in the first place. Though I did buy Gundam Musou (aka Dynasty Warriors Gundam) hoping it would be different. The Gundam gimmick works for a while, then I was reminded why I don't like 'em.