PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm getting a gamecube soon (Thank you bunches to TJ and Tim :D) and I wanted to know what sort of games you'd reccommend. I'm thinking of getting SSBM and Zelda...windwaker...something....

What else would you reccomend?

demondude
06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Timesplitters future perfect can be fun if you like first person shooters

but you have to get tales of symphonia:)

Renmiri
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Zelda Wind Waker is very cute. If you like it, go Zelda crazy and buy the collector's edition with the earlier Zelda games. Majora's Mask :D

My kids love Tak 2 as well and I loved Evolution and Starfox

Craig
06-12-2007, 06:59 PM
May as well go ahead and get Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Zelda: Twilight Princess if you're a Zelda fan.

Could also get Mario Kart: Double Dash and Resident Evil 0, 1 and 4. Definately get 4.

Slothy
06-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Tales of Symphonia and Eternal Darkness. These are the only games you need for it.

And which Star Fox do you mean Renmiri? I would assume you mean Assault since Adventure was absolute garbage. I've not played Assault though so I can offer no opinion on it, though the reviews didn't seem the greatest.

KentaRawr!
06-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Some games I'd recommend:

Mario Kart: Double Dash is a very fun racing game, which while still somewhat based on luck due to item boxes, it seems to require better skill of drifting than with the other games of the series.

F-Zero GX is a very fast (sorta) space-themed racing game, which is totally groovy. What is meant to make it unique among racing games is the ability to destroy other vehicles, or be destroyed. However, that isn't used all that often in this edition of F-Zero, and really just depends on your skills as a (space) driver.

Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1 and 2 is great as both a Single Player and a Multiplayer RPG, but just don't expect an online mode. The servers went down a looong time ago for this version. However, it has an Offline Split-Screen mode, which mimics the Online mode with everything except for quests, which kinda stinks. However, even so, my friends and I have found ourselves addicted to it. It's kind of MMO style, but it's level by level based, meaning you beat one level, and go to the next. So it's like a Dungeon Crawler, I suppose.

Pikmin 2 is no doubt one of the more addictive games I've played. >_> No words can describe it except the ones in these two sentences, and it's a light-hearted strategy game, in case you were wondering. As you collect certain Pikmin, you can do other things. The main point of the game is to collect treasure. So, one could say that this is a light-hearted strategy game in which you draft innocent plant creatures into your army of bug-killing pirates.

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures is an incredibly fun dungeon crawler, in which you play the role of four Links. Using the C-Stick, one can alter the formation of the Four Links in order to solve certain puzzles. If you're in Multiplayer mode, each player gets a set amount of Links. If it's 2 player, both of you get 2. If it's 3 player, two of you get 1, while the other gets 2. If it's four player, you're all stuck with merely one Link. This game is like a mixture of Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (GBA) and the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA, SNES). What sucks, though, is that for Multiplayer, you have to use GBA's and GBA to GCN Linker thingies.

Crossblades
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Get these RPGs

Tales of Symphonia
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Paper Mario: TTYOD
Phantasy Star Online:Ep. I and II( it's fun to play with a friend(s) in offline mode)
Mega Man X Command Mission
Fire Emblem:PoR
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles(fun to play when you have people to play with, but kinda boring and hard when playing solo)

These RPGs are very fun to play

Or if you're into Action games get the following:

Viewtiful Joe
Mystic Heroes
Mega Man X Collection

These fighting games are also worth getting:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO

I also recommend getting Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Superstar Baseball(this is game is addictive!), Mario Sunshine and F-Zero GX :)

Slothy
06-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Can I just disagree with everyone reccomending Mario Kart:DD? If you want a good Mario Kart game get MK64, or the original SNES one, or the DS iteration. Double Dash was pretty bad though and Nintendo really dropped the ball on it as far as I'm concerned. To begin with, the AI has this annoying tendency to not fight amongst themselves. Unless you do something to prevent it, they'll come in pretty much the same positions everytime, meaning that if you screw up one race even a little bit, there's a good chance you'll lose the entire series. The Karts also have little difference between the classes. The heavy karts accelerate so fast that they catch up to you in a light or medium kart almost immediately off the line, and that's with the starting boost. The inability to look behind your Kart is also a serious downside, not to mention not being able to hold the individual shells behind you, though that bothered me more than it might some. I could go on, but suffice it to say it's the worst entry in the series. I played it a few times after buying it the week it came out and then never wanted to touch it again.

Laddy
06-13-2007, 12:32 AM
If you don't get Tales Of Symphonia, then your Gamecube is hellbound.

Lynx
06-13-2007, 02:12 AM
metroid prime, metroid prime echos, sonic adventure 2, and of course the zelda games.

windwaker is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent Proto
06-13-2007, 02:18 AM
Tales of Symphonia is a must have.

Red Phire
06-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Definitely both Metroid Primes and Eternal Darkness. Probably the best GC games! :D

Carl the Llama
06-14-2007, 09:58 PM
I love how everyone says that you NEED Tales of Symphonia when in actual fact its such a rare game that if you find one in the shops you are one of the luckiest people the UK (if you live in the UK that is) I dont know about the US but it took me well over a year to find a second copy after haveing my first copy stolen (and back when I got my copy from GameStation) the price of the average game was like £60+ which is just ridiculas if you ask me.

now I have said that this is the list of games I would recomend

Tales of Symphonia (you need this game rofl)
Zelda: Wind Waker
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Metroid Prime

Mr.SimpleandClean
06-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Sonic! Sonic! Sonic, you cant have a gamecube and not own a sonic game...my brother has some game with this black lookin sonic dude, and its actually kinda cool......