PDA

View Full Version : Ignorance is bliss....with a twist.

Peegee
06-12-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm not ignorant. In fact one can argue that I'm focused upon all the wrong things (moral subjectivity, lack of objectivity for anything inductive, etc). But when it comes to my memory for things that happen during the day, let's just say the following is 100% accurate:

Are you kidding me? I don't even remember what I had for dinner last night!

Seriously, I have no idea what I had for dinner last night. If I thought about it hard enough I might remember. Similarly, I don't remember what I did, bad things that happen that day, and consequently I always feel positive because my OUTLOOK in life, despite all of the aforementioned denial of objective happiness and meaning, is positive.

But all the same, I live in a perpetual state of emotional and spiritual neutrality. If something bad happens, it goes away after I go to bed or (as my friend says) when I get distracted and it passes.

So um....I guess should I be worried or does it not matter that I can't remember how I even started out the day or what I had for dinner last night? I *can* remember things, but they aren't consciously remembered. I sometimes worry when comparing myself to people who are more obsessive compulsive than I am (they appear to have their life together). I just drift from day-to-day with no definite path.

Also and finally, ignorance = bliss? yay or nay.

demondude
06-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Nay.

Sergeant Hartman
06-12-2007, 07:20 PM
yay or nay.
Which one's yes?

bipper
06-12-2007, 07:40 PM
I'll twist your ignoreanus.

Miriel
06-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Perhaps you need to look into eating more memorable amazing food. If you had Korean BBQ one night, I guarantee that you wouldn't forget it. Or maybe some perfectly cook surf and turf from Ruth's Chris. Or a massive seafood paella. Damn, you wouldn't forget eating paella. Yum.

Anyway, ignorance can be bliss in certain situations. Sometimes you just do not want to know.

daggertrepe
06-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I wish I were ignorantly blissful. :(

Quindiana Jones
06-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Korean meatballs are the dog's bollocks, I tell ye.

Ignorance is bliss, yes. But I mean full ignorance, not just being a jackass ignorance.

Peegee
06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Perhaps you need to look into eating more memorable amazing food. If you had Korean BBQ one night, I guarantee that you wouldn't forget it. Or maybe some perfectly cook surf and turf from Ruth's Chris. Or a massive seafood paella. Damn, you wouldn't forget eating paella. Yum.

Anyway, ignorance can be bliss in certain situations. Sometimes you just do not want to know.

I'm getting fat just reading your sentences >:o

Vincent, Thunder God
06-13-2007, 04:30 AM
I wish I were ignorantly blissful. :(

Aren't you already? :p

*laughs*(I didn't really mean that.)

All joking aside, have some poutine for supper next time PG. Now that's something you really won't forget. It's mostly a Canadian thing though, so you might not be able to get it wherever you live.

As for the rest of what you don't remember, as long as it's negative, be happy you forgot it. I've lived through some pretty terrible things in my time, and some of them I've forgotten, which I'm thankful for. The things I still remember, I find difficult to deal with sometimes. I've created a concious barrier between my now positive life and those times, but sometimes I still wish I could forget.

In a very real sense, you're lucky, my friend.

AmazonTurk
06-13-2007, 04:37 AM
Okay Sweetie, I think what you have is a gift. If you don't focus on all the negative things that happen to you during a day, that's good. I mean, otherwise, you'd just be obsessing over them, over anaylizing EVERYTHING and just becoming a really awful person. I think it's cool that you have a positive outlook on life. That's great!

As far as remembering what you had for dinner the night before...eh? Who cares? The important thing is...YOU ATE! :)

escobert
06-13-2007, 04:58 AM

pretty much. and yeah I don't always remember what I ate last night but I can remember a stupid conversation I had with a friend 5 weeks ago.

Peegee
06-13-2007, 02:25 PM
As far as remembering what you had for dinner the night before...eh? Who cares? The important thing is...YOU ATE! :) If I don't remember, how do I know? How do I know??

PS: I love poutine.

PPS: I'm trying to remember what I had for dinner last night now ><