PDA

View Full Version : OHNOOOOOO!!! [spoilers]

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I beat the game. I got it for Christmas, actually, and I'm just now beating it. The story wasn't interesting me much until toward the end.

So, I was fighting Vayne the second time, and my brother says, "Are you at the end?" and I say, "No, I'm probably about 3/4 of the way through."

So then I fight him the third time, and, well, it seemed just a little final battle-y, and I'm thinking, No. Way. NO! and my brother's like "Yeah...I think you're at the end..." then after awhile Kiss Me Goodbye starts playing and I'm lyke "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

I was totally shocked, I thought I still had more.

I got so mad, I was just getting really into the story, AND IT ENDS!

I'm going to start a new game now to get a better understanding of the story DX

Were you surprised to find you were at the end like I was?

Dynast-Kid
06-12-2007, 11:37 PM
I wasn't surprised. Partly because I read to the end of my guide earlier, and partly because the story just started to conclude right around Ridorana.

And don't feel bad about just now beating it, because I bought the game the day it came out here in the states. and just beat it a week or two ago!xD I didn't what the journey to end!

:dork:

Bolivar
06-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Well I remember someone on this site mentioning that Flying Fortress Bahamut was the final dungeon, so when they started talking about it after Pharos I knew this was it.

I felt like there was so much more to tell, and the development team should have at least tried to make the length of the actual game at least comparable to the amount of sidequests.

Jessweeee♪
06-13-2007, 04:30 AM
I've never been much of a sidequest person :p

I'll probably never do them...ever...

Xurts
06-13-2007, 04:42 AM
I beat the game. I got it for Christmas, actually, and I'm just now beating it. The story wasn't interesting me much until toward the end.

So, I was fighting Vayne the second time, and my brother says, "Are you at the end?" and I say, "No, I'm probably about 3/4 of the way through."

So then I fight him the third time, and, well, it seemed just a little final battle-y, and I'm thinking, No. Way. NO! and my brother's like "Yeah...I think you're at the end..." then after awhile Kiss Me Goodbye starts playing and I'm lyke "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

I'm going to start a new game now to get a better understanding of the story DX

I got it for Christmas and I just recently beat it too. It's pretty obvious you're at the end because you're in Bahamut and you're fighting Vayne/Venat.

I usually try to do every sidequest and get as much godly equipment as possible, but in FF12 I didn't feel the need to do any of that. I didn't feel attached to it like I do other FFs. After Pharos I went straight to Bahamut and beat it. It wasn't even hard either, just the annoying "activate god mode" attack that Vayne used that pissed me off. That and the "restore all my HP" ability are the lamest ever.

Hambone
06-13-2007, 04:51 AM
No, I had the strategy guide. :)

I beat it recently too. Like, 2 days ago. I'm going to do all of the side quests now. I've done most. I still need to get Zodiark, get ultimate weapons, etc.

Jessweeee♪
06-13-2007, 05:00 AM
o.o

What, everyone beat it the same time as me?

Lynx
06-13-2007, 07:49 AM
i thought things were coming to an end when i entered bahamut. i looked at it this way. vayne was going no where nor venat. they were my main enemy. also with larsa jumping into battle just seemed like a climatic moment. only thing i kept wondering was am i going to fight the remaning judge in between vaynes forms or what? but thats because that judge had a prupose in the end. overall i liked the game quite a bit.

Setzer Gabianni
06-13-2007, 08:29 AM
<333 Ending battle so pretty..but Dr. Cid..his crazy gun attacks..dkfksfsdfs. ♥

Hazzard
06-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Imagine being a judge...

Hambone
06-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Hmm...Nope. Not exciting.

Jessweeee♪
06-16-2007, 03:10 AM
OMG I'm still finding myself avoiding this forum like the plague so I don't get spoiled...

Takara
06-16-2007, 08:25 AM
I got the game the day it was released in Canada, and I have yet to beat it. My brother borrowed it a few months ago and hasn't brought it back, yet.

And sadly, the ending was spoiled to me two weeks after the game was released, thanks to some retard in another forums who posted a thread named Balthier lives, Basch becomes a Judge, Ashe becomes Queen. Or something along those lines. Meh. -.-

Renmiri
06-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I felt like there was so much more to tell...

I beat the game....

I felt royally cheated! They made me pay full price for half a game, since I will have to buy Revenant Wings to see how it really ends :mad:

Shiva_
06-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I got the game a little over a week after it came out.

I didn't go to Bahamut right after finishing the Pharos. I spent hours doing side quests, getting some ultimate weapons, and whooping on Espers and Marks.

I knew that Bahamut was the final area as my strategy guide indicated that the final bosses were there.

I think this game has good replay value as I started doing a challenge a while back.

Setzer Gabianni
06-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Hmm...Nope. Not exciting.

Pfft. Yes, I could so totally imagine being a Judge Magister <3