PDA

View Full Version : Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

GooeyToast
06-12-2007, 11:29 PM
So, who has heard PT's newest outing? I just finished listening and I'm quite surprised how epic it is. Anesthetize is a near-masterpiece, and quite unlike anything they've put out before.

So yeah, I recommend you listen to this if you're a fan of progressive rock.

Ryth
06-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Recently listened to this myself. Definitely a highlight of 2007, Anesthetize is really something else.

Kyri
06-13-2007, 03:47 AM
Porcupine Tree is one of my favorite band, I think Fear of a Blank Planet is awesome. It isn't better than Deadwing though.

El Bandito
06-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Dang, what is a band like Porcupine Tree doing referencing a Public Enemy album?

Bunny
06-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Dang, what is a band like Porcupine Tree doing referencing a Public Enemy album?

Steven Wilson has mentioned that the album's title is a direct reference to the 1990 Public Enemy album, Fear of a Black Planet. He explained that race relations was a major issue when it was released and that nowadays he sees "coming to terms with information technology and coming to terms with the 21st century" as a more modern issue.

It is a good album, but I haven't really listened to it all that much. Porcupine Tree is ace though.