PDA

View Full Version : The _____... sucks.

KentaRawr!
06-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Fill the blank in there with N-Gage.

So, what systems would you say simply suck?

Laddy
06-13-2007, 01:50 AM
The Gizmondo sucks.

Discord
06-13-2007, 02:11 AM
I hereby take the 3rd post in the thread that will soon be closed.

Markus. D
06-13-2007, 05:05 AM
The Phillips CD...

Rostum
06-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Atari Lynx.

Edit: Actually, I guess it wasn't that bad. It was definitely ahead of its time. It's just that there were hardly any good games for it and mine broke easily.

Bunny
06-13-2007, 01:00 PM
The Nintendo 64 was a horrible gaming system with absolutely no long term redeemable qualities. There were very few good games compared to the number of atrociously horrible pieces of absolute junk. The controller was perhaps the most hideous thing I have ever seen in my lifetime and I really do not understand what was going through Nintendo's collective head when they decided to create this monster.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark could not save this system as they were novel but nothing long term. Zelda, all of them, were some of the lamest entries into a series that I can think of. Quest 64 is the worst game I have ever played.

About the only thing the Nintendo 64 did right was fail. Absolutely, miserably, and without apology.

KentaRawr!
06-13-2007, 02:52 PM
I'd personally have to disagree about the N64. While there were few games for it that could be considered "Teh awesomez", the games that were, I liked. Maybe it's just because my older brother got one when I was around 8 and I was easily impressed, but oh well. But, you must remember, that the N64 actually DID sell pretty well earlier in its life. As it went on, sales dropped quite a bit. But it was still a big system at the time. So, it actually failed at failing miserably. It failed humbly, and with fans.

As for the controller, the only thing that was wrong with it to me was the durability of the Analog stick (Or Z button if you got a Power Pad, which had a perfect Analog Stick). While the D-Pad really was wasted potential, I'd hardly say that's enough to say the entire controller sucked. But on the other hand, the controller DID suck because you'd probably have to buy a new one every month if you had Super Smash Bros.

Rostum
06-14-2007, 03:37 AM
The N64 controller was very comfortable to hold, even though it had so many buttons. Games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were played until the end of the system life, so I'd hardly call it a "novelty".

That and there's a lot of fans that absolutely love Zelda: OoT and MM. Including myself.

ReloadPsi
06-14-2007, 03:46 AM
Wii - Glorified Power Glove, total piece of crap, the Wiimote either doesn't respond or gets stuck if you move it too fast. What good is a console whose motion-sensitive controller isn't sensitive enough to your considerably quicker arm movements? Holy crap, I beat the machine! I wasn't particularly interested in the Wii, especially after I played one that my friend had bought and found that the cursor kept getting stuck at the side of the screen because *sigh* my arm moved too fast.

XBox 360 - If the rumours are true that there's a chip in there that forces a crippling malfunction just days after warranty expiry, then I ain't touching it. If the rumours are disproven, I will consider this the only one worth having.

PS3 - Yeah right. Play all the same games that were already on the Wii and 360 but with a brown hue and on a console that costs twice as much. Here's an idea: Play the same damn game on your 360, then as soon as you've decided "I'm done playing, I'm gonna go do something else", flush $599/£429 down the toilet, and you'll have the full PS3 experience!

Any portables - I can't give an informed opinion on these as I hate portable gaming, but I do particularly sneer on anyone who owns or has owned an N-Gage.

KentaRawr!
06-14-2007, 03:48 AM
In the Wii's defense, I think you may want to consider the fact that you may have just kept on moving your arm out of the Sensor Bar's range if it's a game that used the pointer. Of course, it's probably foolhardy for me to reply to that, but my instincts require me to do so. I apologize.

Slicksword45
06-14-2007, 04:20 AM
just look at my custom title :D

escobert
06-14-2007, 06:46 AM
The original gamboy advance. Like the day i got it they decided to come out with SP. WTF you sucks.

Markus. D
06-14-2007, 07:03 AM
The original gamboy advance. Like the day i got it they decided to come out with SP. WTF you sucks.

I did that with the GB pocket and GB Color.

Lawr
06-14-2007, 07:10 AM
The PSP... sucks

I'd personally have to disagree about the N64. While there were few games for it that could be considered "Teh awesomez", the games that were, I liked. Maybe it's just because my older brother got one when I was around 8 and I was easily impressed, but oh well. But, you must remember, that the N64 actually DID sell pretty well earlier in its life. As it went on, sales dropped quite a bit. But it was still a big system at the time. So, it actually failed at failing miserably. It failed humbly, and with fans.

As for the controller, the only thing that was wrong with it to me was the durability of the Analog stick (Or Z button if you got a Power Pad, which had a perfect Analog Stick). While the D-Pad really was wasted potential, I'd hardly say that's enough to say the entire controller sucked. But on the other hand, the controller DID suck because you'd probably have to buy a new one every month if you had Super Smash Bros.

Yeah... I think he was joking.

Bunny
06-14-2007, 01:18 PM
The N64 controller was very comfortable to hold, even though it had so many buttons. Games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were played until the end of the system life, so I'd hardly call it a "novelty".

That and there's a lot of fans that absolutely love Zelda: OoT and MM. Including myself.

That's nice. But I didn't. And this thread asked for personal opinions.

You are wrong.

Dreddz
06-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Amiga CD32

Vivisteiner
06-14-2007, 05:26 PM

You are wrong.
I thought you were joking too...

until I checked the reviews for Quest 64, and realised that you were probably speaking the truth.

IMO, games suck,

Only losers play them.

Lawr
06-14-2007, 06:13 PM

You are wrong.

Now, I'm going to have to make an anti-Bunny pact that's sole purpose is to KILL YOU.

Jebus
06-14-2007, 08:33 PM
The Phillips CD...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Jebusabsolute/MNUVOUP5DRAXIHNJ55VDJIJDF54Y5NIL.jpg

LINK MAH BOOOOOIIIIII

Mr.SimpleandClean
06-15-2007, 08:25 AM
PlayStation 3 all da way...sorry but it only got like 3 good games, and i dont care if it heals cancer or not!