PDA

View Full Version : Desperation.

tan
06-13-2007, 02:42 AM
Okay, I'm getting really frustrated because I'm trying to find a low-budget camcorder that still has good video and sound quality. Everywhere I look the budget camcorders are cheap, yes, but they either have horrible video or sound quality. So, I was wondering what you camcorders you guys have and what your suggestions are.

The only things I'm really looking for aren't that specific:
-Good enough video and sound quality (something that is MUCH better than something you'd see off of a video made on a cellphone) because I want the best video and sound quality a budget camcorder can get. Again, I'm not really looking for anything that's used for million-dollar movies, but I still want the best camcorder I can get for the lowest price
-Ability to perform well enough in indoor lighting (this isn't that much of a problem because I could probably find a way for better lighting)
-Somewhere in the price range of $100-$500. I know that there are really good camcorders out there for like $5000, but those are the ones that experienced camcorder users buy, and this camcorder will be my first :D

As for your suggestions, I sort of want people who actually have camcorders to suggest things because they're the ones that have had experience with them and can give me an honest opinion about the pros and cons. But, if you do know any budget camcorders that may sort of fit the bill for what I want, please suggest them.

P.S. I know that this should be in the Help Forum, but considering this forum is usually given more attention than that one and I want more opinions, I decided to put it in here. CKs/Admin. are, of course, free to move it there if they decide it belongs in there.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-13-2007, 02:47 AM
I'm no expert on this topic, but let me suggest this:

Creative DiVi CAM 428 - All-in-One - Digital Camcorder, Camera, MP3 Player & Voice Recorder (http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=118&subcategory=309&product=14133)

I was very happy with the quality of their Creative Zen Video/MP3 player, which also records audio very well.