PDA

View Full Version : Judge sues dry cleaners

Firo Volondé
06-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh dear. (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/06/13/1181414335201.html?from=top5)

What I want to know is, how would the pants have solved all of his personal problems?

blackmage_nuke
06-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Hehe, i could just imagine him saying "I'm going to sue the pants off you"

Namelessfengir
06-13-2007, 03:42 PM
500 k for lawyer fees when he is the lawyer.
54 million for what at most could have been $100 pants

Raistlin
06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
This case needs to be dismissed, the judge forced to pay the defendant's legal fees, and the judge put on an ethics hearing (judges are officers of the court, and thus have a professional responsibility not to waste the court's time). $54 million for pants? Would ANYONE buy that nonsense?

misled him with a sign that read "satisfaction guaranteed", according to US media.

Uh... yeah. Next time I buy something from anywhere with "satisfaction guaranteed" posted somewhere (basically any chain store), I'll pretend I'm sad over it and sue for $50 million for false advertising.

Pearson then took the stand himself, detailing his own painful divorce and financial troubles and breaking down in tears, the blog said.

... relevance? How was that testimony even allowed?

Miriel
06-13-2007, 07:20 PM
I think this is completely smurfed up and the Judge is being absolutely ridiculous and shameful in this matter. Seriously, that guy vindictive and mean. I feel sooooo bad for the Korean couple that has to go through this crap. :(

Discord
06-13-2007, 07:36 PM
I think this is completely smurfed up and the Judge is being absolutely ridiculous and shameful in this matter. Seriously, that guy vindictive and mean. I feel sooooo bad for the Korean couple that has to go through this crap. :(

Aye. I find it rather pathetic when guys like, what's his name again (the lawyer who hates games), sue companies because of something as idiotic as that, but one has to be truly sadistic to sue a family of Korean dry-cleaners. And he's supposed to represent the state and make judgements that can completely destroy people's lives. This is just disgusting.

bipper
06-13-2007, 07:39 PM
DON'T judge him!

Yeah, this is utterly rediculous. He could very well be disbarred for this, if the course of action Raistlin pointed out is taken.

ZeZipster
06-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah I think that news article is a little fishy.

And by fishy I mean they're leaving out important details to make this look more interesting than it really is.

Nominus Experse
06-13-2007, 09:07 PM
What a fucker. Seriously. I am appalled.

fire_of_avalon
06-13-2007, 09:50 PM
This case needs to be dismissed, the judge forced to pay the defendant's legal fees, and the judge put on an ethics hearing (judges are officers of the court, and thus have a professional responsibility not to waste the court's time). $54 million for pants? Would ANYONE buy that nonsense?

misled him with a sign that read "satisfaction guaranteed", according to US media.

Uh... yeah. Next time I buy something from anywhere with "satisfaction guaranteed" posted somewhere (basically any chain store), I'll pretend I'm sad over it and sue for $50 million for false advertising.

Pearson then took the stand himself, detailing his own painful divorce and financial troubles and breaking down in tears, the blog said.

... relevance? How was that testimony even allowed?

Aye. I find it rather pathetic when guys like, what's his name again (the lawyer who hates games), sue companies because of something as idiotic as that, but one has to be truly sadistic to sue a family of Korean dry-cleaners. And he's supposed to represent the state and make judgements that can completely destroy people's lives. This is just disgusting.

What a smurfer. Seriously. I am appalled.

Word.

Mr.SimpleandClean
06-14-2007, 07:00 AM
idiots i swear

Værn
06-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Pearson then took the stand himself, detailing his own painful divorce and financial troubles and breaking down in tears, the blog said.... relevance? How was that testimony even allowed?
Suppose that it was because he had no pants that he was divorced, and after the divorce he lost a lot of money by falling back on drinking a lot to get over it... that would explain how a divorce and financial troubles could come out of a pair of lost pants.

Lawr
06-14-2007, 07:07 AM
Now, where did I put that Torque Bow?

Suiko Jin
06-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Just a huge waste of tax payer money. I heard about this today on the news and was so disgusted with it. *Sigh*

Rostum
06-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Some people are pathetic.

Edit: I like your signiture, Suiko Jin. :)

Elite Lord Sigma
06-14-2007, 08:33 PM
How the hell can anybody buy such utter rubbish? The judge should be put on an ethics trial, like somebody said earlier, and should be forced to pay the legal fees for both sides due to a court case that is, at best, a complete and utter waste of time.