PDA

View Full Version : Circa Survive

Momiji
06-14-2007, 03:19 AM
Does anyone here like Circa Survive? I can't wait to get their new album "On Letting Go" that just came out. :)

eestlinc
06-15-2007, 01:06 AM
I saw them live once, mostly on accident. I think they were opening for someone who was opening for someone that I had gone to see. But that doesn't help you very much.

Shine On...
06-15-2007, 04:16 PM
I like them. They are a pretty cool band. I really enjoy Anthony Green's voice, and I happen to love their spaced out and noodly guitar riffs on Juturna. I heard good things about On Letting Go.

Poetically Pathetic, you should check out 'The Sound Of Animals Fighting'. Another of Anthiny Green's bands. But only listen to their first EP 'The Tiger And The Duke', as their full length is pretty bad.

Momiji
06-16-2007, 05:17 AM
I like them. They are a pretty cool band. I really enjoy Anthony Green's voice, and I happen to love their spaced out and noodly guitar riffs on Juturna. I heard good things about On Letting Go.

Poetically Pathetic, you should check out 'The Sound Of Animals Fighting'. Another of Anthiny Green's bands. But only listen to their first EP 'The Tiger And The Duke', as their full length is pretty bad.

I've had 'The Tiger And The Duke' for quite some time now. I like it, but not as much as Circa Survive. My friend told me 'Lover, the Lord has Left Us' was pretty bad too. So I won't bother. :D

Yeah, I just got 'On Letting Go' today. I'm listening to it now and I love it! I prefer it over Juturna because after the first 3 songs on Juturna (which are spectacular) all the rest seem to blend together into a boring, yet serene symphony.

Have you heard Saosin before they got their new singer? Anthony Green was originally in Saosin before Cove was.

Shine On..., do you like Chiodos? Craig Owens (the singer) is also in The Sound of Animals Fighting, and his and Anthony Green's singing styles are very similar except that Craig screams a lot more.

Shine On...
06-24-2007, 04:13 AM
I've had 'The Tiger And The Duke' for quite some time now. I like it, but not as much as Circa Survive. My friend told me 'Lover, the Lord has Left Us' was pretty bad too. So I won't bother. :D

Yeah, I just got 'On Letting Go' today. I'm listening to it now and I love it! I prefer it over Juturna because after the first 3 songs on Juturna (which are spectacular) all the rest seem to blend together into a boring, yet serene symphony.

Have you heard Saosin before they got their new singer? Anthony Green was originally in Saosin before Cove was.

Shine On..., do you like Chiodos? Craig Owens (the singer) is also in The Sound of Animals Fighting, and his and Anthony Green's singing styles are very similar except that Craig screams a lot more.
Meh, I really don't care for Chiodos much.

I think you should check out Cursive. Their album 'The Ugly Organ' is really cool carnival-esque music that I think you would like. Listen to 'Art is Hard' first. Cap'n Jazz is another great band.

To tell you the truth, I'm actually more into Screamo music... I mean I love bands like Circle Takes The Square, Pg. 99, Orchid, and Le Quiete. It is really not as accessible as Chiodos and stuff like that, but it is more musically challenging and chaotic.

But then I like some harder bands like Converge and The Dillinger Escape Plan.

I don't know, I'm really just not into the whole Chiodos/Escape The Fate/As I Lay Dying/Enter Shikari scene, its just not me.