PDA

View Full Version : Is paine emo?

demondude
06-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Silly question of course she is.

The real question is why?

Fynn
06-14-2007, 09:57 PM
She is not. She's just... the tough gal! And she's like that 'cause she lost her three friends... I forgot - that thing was true, but the real reason is because Rikku is so annoying...

Renmiri
06-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Her lover tried to kill her

LunarWeaver
06-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I have never heard of emos on the internet before.

Big D
06-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Paine never whines about her feelings, or complains that stupid grown-ups don't understand her inner torment. She's not self-obsessed or overly angsty.
Basically, she doesn't seem to have any of the typical characteristics of the emos we all know and love.

She's private and slightly embittered, but considering what she went through, she's not doing too badly.

Tavrobel
06-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Non-social and maladjusted. But far from emo. I don't think she's tried to cut herself just quite yet.

Big D
06-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Non-social and maladjusted. But far from emo. I don't think she's tried to cut herself just quite yet.Her daft barbed-wire necklace could be a step in that direction, though...

Rostum
06-15-2007, 03:19 AM
Just because someone is dark and moody doesn't automatically make them "emo". That term gets thrown around far too much, it's very annoying.

But other than that, Big D said it all (as he usually does)!

No.78
06-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Well, i'd say it's her hair.

Ok I'll leave.

Tavrobel
06-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Non-social and maladjusted. But far from emo. I don't think she's tried to cut herself just quite yet.Her daft barbed-wire necklace could be a step in that direction, though...

It could also be associated with BSDM. Her lover(s) did try to kill her, after all.

I also believe that it is missing in most of her costume forms, including her ultimate.

Hazzard
06-15-2007, 05:44 PM
How the hell did you come to the conclusion that she's 'emo', learn the term before you use the term, bud...

demondude
06-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Lol can a mod change it it was supposed to say

Is paine a goth i was thinking of emo because i was listning to the emo song on youtube:rolleyes2

Tavrobel
06-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Goth? Probably. Emo? No.

Firenjar
06-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Paine never whines about her feelings, or complains that stupid grown-ups don't understand her inner torment. She's not self-obsessed or overly angsty.
Basically, she doesn't seem to have any of the typical characteristics of the emos we all know and love.

She's private and slightly embittered, but considering what she went through, she's not doing too badly.

you're gonna set me on a rant I'm what some people would call "emo" and believe no stereotype about emos are true

And also people are labled by how they look
i got snakebites and eyebrow piercing,grew my fringe and dyed my hair black and that got me the label

i'm friends with alot of "emos" and none fits the stereotype everyone believes is true

Edit by Psychotic: Hey there, please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button if you want to say something else. Thanks a whole bunch!

Markus. D
06-17-2007, 08:32 AM
... No.

She doesn't act like one... that's for sure.

I'd call her Tomboy-ish... I guess?

bipper
06-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Goth? Probably. Emo? No.

I was thinking she is more like one of those lesbian biker chicks straight out of the 80's. Mad Max style.

demondude
06-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Goth? Probably. Emo? No.

I was thinking she is more like one of those lesbian biker chicks straight out of the 80's. Mad Max style.

:up:

Markus. D
06-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Goth? Probably. Emo? No.

:up:

Yes! Something like a Manly Female.

Hardly Emo.

Where did that come from?

gothic_fantasy
06-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Paine's like a cross between a bike dyke and a goth...emo? nah uh. She's just 10 times more mature than Yuna or Rikku...it must be like hanging around with a 13 year old and a 15 year old who's only ever hung out with 13 year olds...how old is Paine anyway?

EDIT: ....and who was her lover? I'm sure they were all just friends. Nooj is into Leblanc, Gippal's into Rikku and Baralai's just into temples and stuff.

Big D
06-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Paine's like a cross between a bike dyke and a goth...emo? nah uh. She's just 10 times more mature than Yuna or Rikku...it must be like hanging around with a 13 year old and a 15 year old who's only ever hung out with 13 year olds...how old is Paine anyway?

EDIT: ....and who was her lover? I'm sure they were all just friends. Nooj is into Leblanc, Gippal's into Rikku and Baralai's just into temples and stuff.Paine's 18. I don't remember precisely, but isn't it hinted that she once had something going with Baralai?

Tavrobel
06-18-2007, 01:17 PM

EDIT: ....and who was her lover? I'm sure they were all just friends. Nooj is into Leblanc, Gippal's into Rikku and Baralai's just into temples and stuff.Paine's 18. I don't remember precisely, but isn't it hinted that she once had something going with Baralai?

It could also be interpreted as her having a relationship with Nooj.

Setzer Gabianni
06-18-2007, 02:23 PM
I thought it was LeBlanc falling for Nooj, not the other way round.

daggertrepe
06-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Paine is goth, definitely.

gothic_fantasy
06-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Paine's 18? That made her only 16 when she was running around with Nooj and co. I think her being with Nooj (who looks MUCH older) would be a little indecent? Then again look at traditional Japan (and some other places for that matter).

Well overall lookswise she must be a biker goth. Lol. :tongue:
Now what are Yuna and Rikku?

Big D
06-19-2007, 01:24 AM
I thought it was LeBlanc falling for Nooj, not the other way round.During the 'present day' events in the game, certainly. But we're thinking about the past events - two years earlier, when Paine, Nooj, Gippal and Baralai tried out for the Crimson Squad.Paine's 18? That made her only 16 when she was running around with Nooj and co. I think her being with Nooj (who looks MUCH older) would be a little indecent? Then again look at traditional Japan (and some other places for that matter).Nooj is 22 in the main story, so he'd have been 20 during the Crimson Squad disaster. Four years older than Paine, so I'd agree that's rather shady. Still, Yuffie - 16 at the time - had something of a crush on Cloud when he was 21.
Doesn't make it right, though...

I'll have to replay the game sometime, it's been a couple of years. I'm fairly sure that Paine had a history with Baralai, though.

Markus. D
06-19-2007, 06:41 AM
it's Final Fantasy, Different Realities have different laws.

Big D
06-19-2007, 07:30 AM
xD I'm not saying there's anything inherently illegal about it, just that it's undeniably sketchy.

Tavrobel
06-19-2007, 01:18 PM
A four year difference is not out of the ordinary. Maybe under 18 it is, but once you get past there, it's essentially the college years. I didn't find anything wrong with this situation.

Polaris
06-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Meh u look at her name and u get the answer??;)