PDA

View Full Version : Silky Smooth (Graphical Query)

Captain Maxx Power
06-14-2007, 09:11 PM
I've been watching a few vids of FF12 on YouTube, and I don't know if its the way in which people compress their videos, but everybody's FF12 seems to run smoother than mine. At a stretch I'd say that when I play FF12 on my PAL PS2 it runs at something close to 20~25 frames per second (total guess of course, I can't actually measure it). Yet when I see it on YouTube everything just seems a lot smoother and more fluid. So basically I'm asking, is there a graphical performance difference between different versions of the game running on different regional systems, or is it just my eyes?

Renmiri
06-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Well, youtube videos come from all kinds of different sources: A VCR taping from the TV output, a VCR taping a TV, a video capturing board, ripped directly from the disk....

When the video is ripped directly from the disk, it runs much better than on your PS2. As an example, the FFX2 sphere scenes with Shuyin / Lenne were choppy and bluish on my PS2 but the digital video on the game disk is very clear and lifelike.