PDA

View Full Version : Error Message on programs

StarlightAngel
06-15-2007, 12:26 AM
I keep getting messages that the programs I'm trying to use have run into a problem, and that they are being closed. The programs so far are iTunes when I try to import songs, Winamp when I open it, and the Ragnarok Online installer when I try to actually install.

The message is the usual Microsoft one that prompts you to send an error report.

Any advice on how to remedy this?

Odaisé Gaelach
06-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Have you tried reinstalling iTunes and Winamp?

StarlightAngel
06-16-2007, 06:43 AM
I only had the time to reinstall Winamp, and it didn't work.

Discord
06-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Did you by any chance install iTunes recently?

For it's evil! *calls the exorcists*

StarlightAngel
06-17-2007, 07:31 AM

Yes, actually. Is there a bug in the new version?

Discord
06-17-2007, 04:35 PM

Yes, actually. Is there a bug in the new version?

No, but there's a bug called "Apple applications running under Windows". iTunes is the emperor of those bugs. As I said, I've seen it rape and plunder parts of the system which wouldn't even seem to be linked to a media management program.

Suggestion: Find a different program and avoid iTunes for the rest of your days.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Try uninstalling iTunes and Winamp, then just re-install Winamp. Try it and see if it works then. If it does, then it's very likely that iTunes is the cause of your problems.

Discord
06-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Try uninstalling iTunes and Winamp, then just re-install Winamp. Try it and see if it works then. If it does, then it's very likely that iTunes is the cause of your problems.

Well, it be nice if the world was that way. Usually the only way to remove all the left-overs of iTunes from you system is formatting the drive and reinstalling Windows. I empirically hate that program.

crono_logical
06-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I'll remember to add iTunes to my list of programs to not touch due to ruining the PC, along with stuff like Kazaa's codec pack, ad/spy/malware and viruses, and possibly Vista :D

Discord
06-17-2007, 10:36 PM
You know, to be absolutely blunt, I'm not sure which causes more trouble, an average ad-ware program or an average iTunes release. The program is a parasite.