PDA

View Full Version : I bop my head to songs about very bad things

Avarice-ness
06-15-2007, 06:34 AM
So I just realized because I'm slow, that Beck's 'Girl' is about a serial killer picking out his new victims, problem is, I bop my head to that song as if it's about like happier girly things. The song itself makes it seem like a totally happy song we should all beach party to, but alas the lyrics have fooled me!

What songs have you recently discovered to be more than what they seem, kind of like the song being very up beat and peppy but ending up about serial killers? Have there been any that made you go "Omg it's about -that-?" and turn you off the song, or do you still listen to the songs that shock you because they're prolly great songs?!

Mr.SimpleandClean
06-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Yeah Maroon has this song called "wake up call" very up-tempo but its about him shooting some one...go figure

Araciel
06-15-2007, 06:46 AM
the nurse who loved my by a perfect circle....listen to it and then find out what it means....

Big D
06-15-2007, 07:57 AM
My custom title/avatar/location are based on The Positronic Pimp, a song by the Futuristic Sex Robotz. It's a nerdcore rap about Data - a very affectionate tongue-in-cheek tribute, but chock-full of the swearing and misogyny you'd find in one of Snoop's nastier hip-hop tracks.

It starts off innocently enough:

Let me tell you 'bout a man from the twenty-fourth century
He put a lot of fools in a space penitentiary...

But it's all downhill from there.
T'riffic stuff:D

theundeadhero
06-15-2007, 12:20 PM
I never told you what I do for a living :)

I just listen away, and then watch in horror as it all seeps out subconsciously.

No.78
06-15-2007, 12:29 PM
When people bop their heads I feel uncomfortable :(

Momiji
06-15-2007, 12:42 PM
I never told you what I do for a living :)

I just listen away, and then watch in horror as it all seeps out subconsciously.

Let's hope you don't act out that song. >_>

Rostum
06-15-2007, 12:45 PM
When people bop their heads I feel uncomfortable :(

http://www.devclever.com/tutorials/images/inline_full_520.gif

I don't really bop my head to anything, but I usually never listen to the lyrics first, so I've had a few surprises in the past.

theundeadhero
06-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Like anybody is going to be looking at her head.

Old Manus
06-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Golden Brown - The Stranglers :(

Værn
06-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Der Meister by Rammstein is about the apocalypse but it seems like a fairly happy song, particularly during the refrained verse:
"The truth is a choir of wind;
No angel is coming to avenge you.
These days are your last,
It will break you all apart like twigs."

~*~Celes~*~
06-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Red to Black by Fort Minor. Kind of music you want to dance to, but the lyrics are about a guy who gets wasted and does drugs because his dad gambled all the money for their rent away and then left his mom penniless.

ReloadPsi
06-15-2007, 07:03 PM
I plant my feet and jerk my neck and torso back and forth to songs about murder, vengeance, being pissed off with someone, rape, war and prostitution (A7X, A7X, Linkin Park, Rammstein, Iron Maiden and Iron Maiden, respectively) and see nothing wrong with it. If the music's good that's all that matters.

Der Meister by Rammstein is about the apocalypse but it seems like a fairly happy song
Quoted for partial truth. The full truth is that it's an extremely cheerful, euphoric, ecstatic song and I love it.

Point is, I don't care what the song's about. If I can get into it I don't mind.

Avarice-ness
06-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Oh yeah and 99 Red Balloons makes me want to bake cakes then give out to my best buddies and have a cheery technoy girly party until I remmeber the song is about the apocalypse and then I just wanna smash the cake because the song fooled me. :razz:

The Unknown Guru
06-16-2007, 01:07 AM
"Don't Stand So Close to Me" - by The Police. Half of it is messed up and half of it is just weird.

Our band is going to play that at our school's battle of the bands. Just to see if we can stir something up :D

Odaisé Gaelach
06-16-2007, 02:15 AM
The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload,
And nobody's gonna go to school today,
She's going to make them stay at home,
And daddy doesn't understand it,
He always said she was as good as gold,
And he can see no reason
Cos there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be shown

'Tell me why
I don like Mondays'
I want to shoot
The whole day down

*Grins wickedly*

I Took the Red Pill
06-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Drugs by Adam Green. It is pretty self-explanatory.