PDA

View Full Version : I HATE YOU MARIO SUNSHINE.

Jowy
06-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Okay, so we got all of the shines. 70. And yet Delfino Plaza isn't flooded for us to get to Corona Mountain. GameFAQs is useless and hopefully one person here actually played through the game. ;o

help us plzkthx before I smash a controller.

KentaRawr!
06-15-2007, 01:01 PM
My memory is fuzzy, is Corona Mountain the final level or one of the levels? o.o

I remembered instantly. You'll need the Add-On to Fludd that sends you high into the air, like a jet-pack or something to get to the top of the Shine Tower. You'll find a warp pipe at the top. Go in, and that's Corona Mountain.

Edit 2: I'm a fool, you said you got all the shines. So yeah. Use the Jet Pack thing to get onto Corona Mountain. It's behind the Shine Tower. n_n;...

Markus. D
06-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Is there another town related event?

or one that did alert you of but decided to go elsewhere?

that might be the cause ^^~

The wish traversing over it wasn't so easy :( and that the water killed you somehow!

Tavrobel
06-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Delfino Plaza only floods once. If you missed it, it's over. The water shouldn't kill you unless Mario suffocates under it while swimming. If you stay above, you'll be fine. It's actually quite fun to swim around for hours on end in the flooded Plaza, but you'll have to get on with the game eventually.

Alternatively, you have to use the Rocket Jet Pack (get used to it, because the Final battle also requires the Rocket Jetpack) to get to Corona Mountain without the flood. Simply walk in, and the level will start.

The last level is more of your basic timing and micromanagement. You'll have to steer the boat from Point A to Point B, a straight line that is riddled with stalagmites, which killed me more often than not. Water shouldn't be a problem, because you get free refill packs every 1/3 of the way. Break open the Rocket container, and hop up onto the clouds.

By the way, Corona Mountain is toward the giant-ass mountain behind the Shine Tower.

Markus. D
06-15-2007, 04:17 PM
The Final Battle was wow~

It also looked really pretty aswell.

I kinda felt sorry for FLUDD at the time even though it made absolutely no sense to why he was acting like that :|

Jowy
06-15-2007, 07:00 PM
The thing is though, Delfino Plaza hasn't flooded yet.

ReloadPsi
06-15-2007, 07:01 PM
And here I was expecting a thread about how *inappropriate wording!* Super Mario Sunshine is.

Jowy
06-15-2007, 07:05 PM
And here I was expecting a thread about how *inappropriate wording!* Super Mario Sunshine is.

I've both uttered and heard more profanities at events in this game than I thought humanly possible! I haven't sworn at a game that much since the speeder bike level in Battletoads.

SeeDRankLou
06-15-2007, 07:06 PM
The thing is though, Delfino Plaza hasn't flooded yet.
Have you done the second to last event (6 or 7, can't remember) in every area? The one where you fight the little mario painted bowser kid? I think that is the requirement for making Delfino Plaza flood, that's how is worked for me at least.

And you say that you got all the shine? 70? You're missing I think 50 shines there. You can't get the last few until after the final boss, but still.

Jowy
06-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Well, all of the standard shines in the levels. Also, we did fight Mario painted Bowser in the giant robot in the park. Was that what you were referring to? ;o

SeeDRankLou
06-15-2007, 07:15 PM
You will fight the painted Mario as the 7th event of every single area. Also, you will fight him 3 or 4 times in Delfino Plaza.

Tavrobel
06-15-2007, 07:34 PM
As SRL said, you need to do also do the seventh event (Fake Mario) in each area, and sometimes the eighth. I had assumed that since you got seventy, that you have just done all of the events in the worlds and only a few of the outside (Delfino) ones.

You need seventy stars and all seventh events. Basically, you either go around spraying the kid until he gives up, or you have to beat him in a race. After Delfino Floods, you'll be able to finish off the other stars (Blue coins, and Delfino events, such as the Airstrip).

Jowy
06-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Okay, so we have all of that and still no flooding. >_>

Tavrobel
06-15-2007, 08:56 PM
I wish I hadn't put my Sunshine Strategy Guide somewhere where I could no longer get to it.

Are you sure that you did event seven everywhere?

Bianco Hills
Gelato Beach
Ricco Harbor
Pinna Park
Noki Bay
Sirena Beach
Pianta Village

Markus. D
06-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Don't forget that absolutely gosh tricky pipe that Yoshi has an option of getting to.

Lots of things to do ^^

Holidaying is fun aswell!

Jowy
06-16-2007, 03:48 AM
Yeah, we got all of the shines in each stage. This is a predicament!

Ichimonji
06-18-2007, 06:35 PM
It's been a few days, so I don't know if you've figured it out yet or not. But man, Delfino should be flooded after beating episode seven of every level. If nothing happened, something is definitely wrong, because it worked for me.

Tell me, what exactly does happen after you exit a level? Is it showing you something that you need to do? Like, removing the ink from the giant shine, or fighting Baby Bowser/Paint Mario? If not, I think you're screwed. I dunno. Try getting more shines in Delfino.

Oh well, get the super secret shine with Yoshi. You'll have more sense of accomplishment doing that than beating the game anyway.

Jowy
06-19-2007, 06:00 AM
Turns out that we skipped an entire level. >_>

Final boss was easy as hell, I might add.

Markus. D
06-19-2007, 06:29 AM
which level was it :]?

Tavrobel
06-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Turns out that we skipped an entire level. >_>

Which one?

Markus. D
06-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Is it the one where you have to look up into the sun~~~?

The Ghost Hotel?

That one with the Burning Chompa chompies?