PDA

View Full Version : Frogs

darksword12
06-15-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm doing the frog-catching sidequest, and I have a question:

What controls the rate of frog repopulation? (game time, battles, etc.)

I'd like to speed up the process as much as possible, so this is kind of important.

Vivisteiner
06-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Well what I usually do is eat all the frogs, but make sure that one male and one female is left. Thataway they can still reproduce.

I remember catching a golden frog once, which got me like 20 points. I dont know hoe you get them to spawn though.

PuPu
06-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Make sure you keep one male frog, one female, AND the Golden Frog. The Golden Frog decreases the amount of time it takes for the male and female to reproduce.

If you catch all the frogs in an area, it will take a long time to make more frogs respawn. The Golden Frog cannot respawn either, so don't ever catch it.

Xurts
06-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Make sure you keep one male frog, one female, AND the Golden Frog. The Golden Frog decreases the amount of time it takes for the male and female to reproduce.

If you catch all the frogs in an area, it will take a long time to make more frogs respawn. The Golden Frog cannot respawn either, so don't ever catch it.
I ate the gold frog when I first got Quina, and after Burmecia I went back and the gold frog was there again. It only counted as 1 catch when I ate it. =(

PuPu
06-15-2007, 11:10 PM

I ate the gold frog when I first got Quina, and after Burmecia I went back and the gold frog was there again. It only counted as 1 catch when I ate it. =(

I think Golden Frogs are supposed to be 2 points. Also, maybe you went to a different Qu's Marsh?

Xurts
06-16-2007, 03:56 AM

I think Golden Frogs are supposed to be 2 points. Also, maybe you went to a different Qu's Marsh?
It was only 1 point when I caught it, and I went to the same marsh.

Ender
06-16-2007, 05:58 AM
If you mess up and eat the gold frog as well as all the normal frogs, I believe they "regenerate" at the rate of 2/hour of gameplay. At each marsh.