PDA

View Full Version : X-ATM

zeilov_khaschante
06-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Ok, here is some question about "the precious black widow" (X-ATM, robot spider) :

1. Is it possible to kill it in the first battle? or I have to wait till the next encounter?

2. So, how to kill it? keep attacking (summoning) when it repairing itself? Is It? I'm just not sure...

3. Some told me it will keep chasing after it get killed, is this true?

Thanks for the help!!

SeeDRankLou
06-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Ok, before anyone who doesn't know what their talking about starts to quote the BradyGames strategy guide like it's the all knowing truth replies, allow me.

1. Yes, you can kill it in the first battle.
2. Just keep attacking, don't let up. I think it has to go down like 5 or 6 times before it blows up.
3. Not if you see it blow up. If it just goes down and you run, then yes it will keep chasing you. But if it blows up, then no. The battle music will also stop playing when it blows up.

I say this having actually done it myself. Zell will tell you that you should run after it goes down the first time, but you don't have to run.

zeilov_khaschante
06-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Thank you very much! {again}
So, I don't have wasting my prexious time checking some little things (n.n).

ReloadPsi
06-15-2007, 06:02 PM
I've had it go down as few as three times before simply exploding, which I think depends on how quickly you deal the damage... I was playing a cheated save on the PC version (my memory card broke on disc 3 for the PSone version so I deemed it fair to do so until I actually reach the same spot I was in, by which time I'll just have all the same stuff I already had by that stage in the game, minus a few cards, heh)

I didn't know it could be defeated in the first encounter though, annoying because it means I always have at least one escape on the Battle Report.

Xurts
06-15-2007, 10:15 PM
When I fought it I was able to defeat it without blowing it up, so I got 50 AP each time I ran away from it. I got like 200-250 AP from fighting it.

cloud21zidane16
06-15-2007, 10:23 PM
i was also wondered if you could defeat it when i first discovered about it
http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/102891-learn-something-new-everytime.html

Jessweeee♪
06-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Ok, before anyone who doesn't know what their talking about starts to quote the BradyGames strategy guide like it's the all knowing truth replies, allow me.

2. Just keep attacking, don't let up. I think it has to go down like 5 or 6 times before it blows up.
3. Not if you see it blow up. If it just goes down and you run, then yes it will keep chasing you. But if it blows up, then no. The battle music will also stop playing when it blows up.

I say this having actually done it myself. Zell will tell you that you should run after it goes down the first time, but you don't have to run.

OMGNOWAI! I didn't know that :P

I don't think that's good for your SeeD score, though.

cloud21zidane16
06-16-2007, 02:48 AM

OMGNOWAI! I didn't know that :P

I don't think that's good for your SeeD score, though.

actually should you defeat it then you will be rewarded a bonus 100 points which helps to put your SeeD rank up high:)

ReloadPsi
06-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Defeating it immediately also stops you losing points for running from battles.

Skyblade
06-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Um, you can't kill it in the first battle. You have to escape from that fight, and that fight's escape does not count on your SeeD report. If you don't escape, it will repair itself forever, until you lose on time.

10-Breaker
06-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Um, you can't kill it in the first battle. You have to escape from that fight, and that fight's escape does not count on your SeeD report. If you don't escape, it will repair itself forever, until you lose on time.

I confirm that! :choc2:

rubah
06-26-2007, 09:41 PM
It's a machine, so if you're going to take it down, blast some quezacoatl and thunder:]

Tallulah
06-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Make sure Quetzacoatl (or however is spelt! :mad2: ) know SumMag +10% 20% and 30% (this takes a bit of levelling up before the SeeD test), and that your other two characters have a lot of Thunders, and they have Magic junctioned for use. Encounter the Spider monster on the bridge after fleeing from the first battle and avoiding the next two by quickly running left, and then walking down the hill. Just hit the spider with Quetzacoatl and Thunder, and eventually it will explode of its own accord.

You will get the 100 bonus points which, depending on other factors (i.e. your other ratings), you should get SeeD Level 8, 9, or even 10 in the first instance. :)

Skyblade
06-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Keep in mind that the battle takes long enough to keep you from getting 100% on Conduct, since you can't get back to the boat quick enough.

10-Breaker
06-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Btw. Is it worth of using ''long'' animation of Quetzacoatl giving it like 750 dmg. when you can deal same with haste and thunder in less time?

Edit: Cause summoning Quetz. takes time too.

Skyblade
06-27-2007, 06:23 PM
With boosts and GFMagic+%, Quetzecoatl can do over four thousand points of damage to the X-ATM. So, yeah, it's worth it.

rubah
06-27-2007, 07:20 PM
What do you do to get haste that early? x.x;

Xurts
06-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Btw. Is it worth of using ''long'' animation of Quetzacoatl giving it like 750 dmg. when you can deal same with haste and thunder in less time?

Edit: Cause summoning Quetz. takes time too.
It's not possible to get Haste that early in the game.

10-Breaker
06-28-2007, 03:44 PM
It is like 3 years since I've played it, but I really had haste. It is possible, but I really don't remember where I got it.

Xurts
06-28-2007, 06:53 PM
It is like 3 years since I've played it, but I really had haste. It is possible, but I really don't remember where I got it.
Perhaps a Gameshark?

SeeDRankLou
06-28-2007, 10:58 PM
To get Haste from item refining, you must have Time Mag-RF, which you get from Diablos. These are the things that can be refined into Haste:

1. 1 Accelerator -> 100 Hastes
2. 1 Aegis Amulet -> 100 Hastes
3. 20 Lightweights -> 1 Haste
4. 1 Magic Stone -> 5 Hastes

These are all the monsters/bosses that have Haste to draw:

1. Cactuar
2. GIM52A
3. Iron Giant
4. Vysage
5. Biggs, 2nd fight
6. Seifer, 2nd fight
7. Seifer, 3rd fight
8. Sorceress type B
9. Tri-Point
10. Ultimecia, 1st form

It's possible to get some of those items through card playing, but you can't get Time Mag-RF until after you become a SeeD, and you don't have access to any of those enemies yet, so I don't see how you got haste that early.

Hyperion4444
06-29-2007, 03:04 AM
maybe he's just confusing himself with GF compatibility issues.

10-Breaker
06-29-2007, 12:45 PM
I don't use cheats in FFs.

No I'm not confusing myself with GF compatibility issues.

Big D
06-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Maybe Haste can be drawn from high-level Evloret?

As for the Black Widow... I've beaten it many a time, but I've always had to run from it twice before it became vulnerable.
I used plenty of Thundara (spells from my strongest mage, and Elem-Atk on Squall) and Water, obtained from Quetzcotl's Mag-RF ability or Mid-Mag RF or something.

It takes a fair drubbing to stamp out that machine, but it's fun for a challenge and for the SeeD rank bonuses.

You miss out on the FMV of Quistis dealing to it with the landing craft's emplaced MG, though.

Skyblade
06-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Maybe Haste can be drawn from high-level Evloret?

As for the Black Widow... I've beaten it many a time, but I've always had to run from it twice before it became vulnerable.
I used plenty of Thundara (spells from my strongest mage, and Elem-Atk on Squall) and Water, obtained from Quetzcotl's Mag-RF ability or Mid-Mag RF or something.

It takes a fair drubbing to stamp out that machine, but it's fun for a challenge and for the SeeD rank bonuses.

You miss out on the FMV of Quistis dealing to it with the landing craft's emplaced MG, though.

Unlike most normal enemies, most bosses have a max level. The highest level Elvoret can get to is 11. And he always has the same draws: Thunder, Cure, Double, and Siren.

Maybe he meant using Double and Thunder, not Haste and Thunder...

belkor_teh_magnificent
06-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Maybe...i'm not sure about this...but aren't there invisible draw points, not even visible with Movefind on the World Map? Maybe one of those available so far had haste...

rubah
06-29-2007, 11:09 PM
There doesn't seem to be any. Your only available area is Balamb, after all.

Hyperion4444
06-30-2007, 02:36 AM
There's no way of getting this early.
At best, you can draw slow and stop from catherchipiller.
But you can't mid-mag slow for hastes using Quezacotl.
You can only get it after you get Diablo.

terus01
07-19-2007, 05:41 PM

I confirm that! :choc2:

I confirm it too :p
He repairing, and I fight till the last ten minutes with confusing "why he did not blasting away???" and I reset the game :cool:
Oh, at last I got a 10 SeeD rank...:rolleyes2

The Ceej
07-19-2007, 07:12 PM
You don't want to kill the X-ATM092. You'll miss one of the best cinemas in the game. If he's not chasing you when you get to the dock, you won't see that kickass cinema. I was very disappointed when I missed that cinema.

ReloadPsi
07-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I still voice my objections for being forever forced to have 1 escape on the Battle Report that Cid gives you if you talk to him during the exam result ceremony thingy! Fairness is not present here I tell you!

Xurts
07-19-2007, 08:41 PM
You don't want to kill the X-ATM092. You'll miss one of the best cinemas in the game. If he's not chasing you when you get to the dock, you won't see that kickass cinema. I was very disappointed when I missed that cinema.
I hope this helps. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dxQLzKsXA) Now you can watch it as many times as you want.

The Ceej
07-19-2007, 10:49 PM
I've seen it many times. It was just that once that I missed it. And I never want to miss it again.

EDIT: Besides, I'm the last geek left on dialup. There's no way in hell I'm clicking on that link. And it's not my fault. I want broadband, but they just won't give it to me which is a scam because I'm in a metropolis and I should be able to get it if I want it.

rubah
07-19-2007, 11:18 PM
it's just quistis :p I'd rather have the 50 AP

Xurts
07-20-2007, 04:17 AM
I've seen it many times. It was just that once that I missed it. And I never want to miss it again.

EDIT: Besides, I'm the last geek left on dialup. There's no way in hell I'm clicking on that link. And it's not my fault. I want broadband, but they just won't give it to me which is a scam because I'm in a metropolis and I should be able to get it if I want it.
I know how you feel. I used to have dial-up also and it wasn't until recently that I got wireless.

terus01
07-20-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm not miss that! Coz I Kill it on my second or third play. Yeah, you guess it, I repeat the game all over from the beginning. My first playing is not so good, I was chased by him, feel excited and wanted to KILL him. I was on disc four when I repeat the game though (i_i) Already so long...