PDA

View Full Version : Epiphanies.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-15-2007, 06:24 PM
What is the oddest situation where you suddenly got an epiphany?

Mine was a few years back while I was looking for a topic for an oratorical contest. It was getting close to the deadline and I had yet to find a topic. With that concern in the back of my mind one day after I returned from school, I was cutting a piece of chocolate cake (with chocolate icing) and suddenly was struck with an idea. I found that very odd and random to be inspired while cutting cake.

Avarice-ness
06-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Actually it's kind of sad, but yesterday one of my friends from high school messaged me on myspace about something that we had all made up that for the most part I remember vaguely and unlike him don't really take humor in it anymore. After he was all "Lol I miss those days" I realized that.

A. Holy mittens I was a total loser in High school.
B. 99% of the things I found humorous in High school are the farthest thing from being funny.
C. After 3-4 years of being out of high school, I think I'm the only one who -really- doesn't miss high school and wouldn't want to waste my time reminesing back in my most ignorant days.

I had the "I didn't realize I grew up and people didn't" epiphany. :razz:

Araciel
06-15-2007, 06:31 PM
i was taking a dump and i realized i had to get a life.

so i went and played super mario and got the first hidden 1up.

srsly though i don't think i've ever had anything you could call an epiphany.

~*~Celes~*~
06-15-2007, 06:39 PM
We were learning how to balance chemical reaction formulas or something like that in physical science my freshman year, and I just could not get it! My teacher even said "the only way those of you who don't get it now will get it by the test tomorrow is if you have an epiphany...and that's very unlikely." Well, I sat there that day, staring at my paper, and all of a sudden...BAM! Epiphany. I knew how to do it :p I seriously think my teacher hated me even more than she already did for proving her words to be wrong. :exdee:

Araciel
06-15-2007, 06:41 PM
ah...but by your words, you proved her right.

~*~Celes~*~
06-15-2007, 06:47 PM
ah...but by your words, you proved her right.
No, she said that it was highly unlikely that anyone would have an epiphany. I beat the odds :p

Avarice-ness
06-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Oh!

And there was this one time in a chat room (not #eoff, you guys arn't -this- big of losers. <3<3<3) but like this girl was freaking out about something that happened in another chat room and I was like "Why do you take things that happen online like.. this, your freaking crying" "Well seeing as I don't have a life outside of the computer, this is what I live for" "... Wow."

And from that moment on, I realized the internet -reaaaally- isn't that great. Nothing to choose over having a life based off real things outside versus crazy roleplay things.