PDA

View Full Version : Annoyance.

f f freak
06-16-2007, 02:07 PM
I just thought I'd rant about something and I decided to do it here.
It's really annoying because I have two copies of this game. My first copy worked okay but the first disc and third disc got really scratched up after I lent them to my cousin. So I went out a couple of years ago and bought a platinum copy. Everything worked fine. I decided to play it again a couple oy months later. I was starting a new game and it froze on the first FMV. I was really annoyed so I started from a save I had on disc two and played everything through until disc three. Everything was working fine until it came to that Esthar cut scene. The first one on the elevator. The annoying thing is it freezes just as the elevator arrives at it's destination.
So. I'm guessing the topic here is. Is there a way for me to skip the cutscenes or can I fix my disc anyway or will I have to buy a new copy?

Ender
06-16-2007, 04:53 PM
I feel for you. I had no end of trouble with disks 1 and 2 of my "Greatest Hits" copy of FFVIII, fresh out of the wrapping. My PS, which I dug out of the closet, kept "coughing" and "choking" through the course of both disks, though it played disks 3 and 4, and all of FFIX just fine.

You might try opening the disk casing/cover/housing thingy on your PS/PS2 when the FMV comes up. I have *heard* that you can skip FMVs that way, but I know of no way to actually "deactivate" them.

Xurts
06-16-2007, 05:48 PM
It's probably something with your system. Try using a lens cleaner CD and see if that helps.

f f freak
06-16-2007, 09:48 PM
It's nothing with my System as far as I know. All of my other games play perfectly. It's on a PS2 and FFVII and FFIX work like charms.

I tried opening the disk cover but it didn't work. It's really annoying because I want to start again doing a Quistis only challenge (More info on that if I can get my stupid disk one to work.)

McLovin'
06-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Take the disc out when the FMV plays. Then press buttons.

Jessweeee♪
06-18-2007, 04:12 AM
I know how you feel. I have a similar problem (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/106287-help-meh.html) :kaocry2: