PDA

View Full Version : Ok! No Cancel! No OKAY! NO CANCEL.

rubah
06-16-2007, 06:30 PM
You know what is terrible? I'm replaying ff7 for the first time, and had to do the parade for rufus, and I tried to march properly, but it just wouldn't do anything.

I figured that since I set the controller to okay/action = X and cancel = O it was making Cloud run every time I tried to hit O to do the little gun=shoulder pop, and X didn't do a thing. I know that when doing chocobo stuff, I'd always have to set the controller back to default because it would ask you to push O for okay, but the game would read it as Cancel first so instead of okaying and getting my chocobo or whatever, it would cancel and go back to the last screen xD

I guess I could've gone back and reset the controller and done it again, and got something better than 6 potions but I can't now since I've saved over and I'm in costa del sol anyways xD

(jenova was still a asfjkas;dgfkljadsf; despite those extra levels)

So yeah, what a wonderfully buggy game! Has this stuff ever happened to you?

theundeadhero
06-16-2007, 06:56 PM
If you think that's hard try marching uniformly to a drum line in real life :p

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-16-2007, 09:43 PM
i tend not to mess with the controls and just adjust to the default controls of the game, althought if anyone has ever tried to play DMC1 and 3 one after the other you'll know it's impossible :D

Nifleheim7
06-16-2007, 10:41 PM
i tend not to mess with the controls and just adjust to the default controls of the game

Rostum
06-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah, this is actually a problem when you set the controls differently to the default. I believe it also happens in some stage at the Chocobo Farm, or something.

Xatif
06-17-2007, 12:25 AM
I always play with the default button settings and never bother to change them. Though I hate it when I get used to a button pattern and when I play another game, I keep with the same button pattern and sometimes do whatever I DON'T want to do.

ReloadPsi
06-17-2007, 12:47 AM
I play every single one of them with their default controls now.

Either way, the PC version doesn't screw up because there are no "buttons", just commands.

The only games where I adjust the controls are the various ports of DOOM, seeing as they're ALL FRIGGIN' DIFFERENT, despite being the exact same game.

Mirage
06-17-2007, 12:50 AM
yeah, FFVII messes up several places if you change the button config.

Tallulah
06-17-2007, 01:26 AM
If you think that's hard try marching uniformly to a drum line in real life :p

Indood. :P

Seriously, that part of the game, I actually got stuck on, and was too embarrassed to play it for months. Then, when I finally gave up the guts to play it again (from the beginning!) I had to consult a strat guide online,

I still suck at that part of the game, but at least I can get in line! :D

Stunt
06-17-2007, 02:05 AM
I just did this the other day, it was so annoying. I did it horribly, yet I still passed the area.

ReloadPsi
06-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Oh man, I always at least get six Ether for doing this thing.

Xurts
06-17-2007, 06:10 AM
I always leave the controls as their default configuration.

oddler
06-17-2007, 07:12 AM
I use the same config you use, rubah, but I don't think it caused any problems. :(
Would it be different for the Greatest Hits version because that's what I have?
I always end up getting the sword (Force Stealer?) with the swapped buttons. Hmm.

Skyblade
06-17-2007, 07:26 AM
I use the same config you use, rubah, but I don't think it caused any problems. :(
Would it be different for the Greatest Hits version because that's what I have?
I always end up getting the sword (Force Stealer?) with the swapped buttons. Hmm.

The Force Stealer is the reward for the Stationary drill maneuvers standing in front of the ship. Rubah was talking about the marching maneuvers in the Junon streets.

Never had that problem myself, but I think I keep the standard config.

Darkja
06-17-2007, 09:48 AM
I've played the game about five different times and have always messed up at that part and looked like a total retard. :cry:

theundeadhero
06-17-2007, 10:38 AM
I was never good at it so I just mess the whole thing up in the game.

daggertrepe
06-17-2007, 03:19 PM
You know what is terrible? I'm replaying ff7 for the first time, and had to do the parade for rufus, and I tried to march properly, but it just wouldn't do anything.

I figured that since I set the controller to okay/action = X and cancel = O it was making Cloud run every time I tried to hit O to do the little gun=shoulder pop, and X didn't do a thing. I know that when doing chocobo stuff, I'd always have to set the controller back to default because it would ask you to push O for okay, but the game would read it as Cancel first so instead of okaying and getting my chocobo or whatever, it would cancel and go back to the last screen xD

I guess I could've gone back and reset the controller and done it again, and got something better than 6 potions but I can't now since I've saved over and I'm in costa del sol anyways xD

Ugggh. Don't even get me started!

Hambone
06-17-2007, 11:42 PM
My brain hurts. :(

XxSephirothxX
06-18-2007, 02:11 AM
Weird. I changed the controls so that X would be confirm and O would be cancel, and I don't remember that happening. I'm sure I just messed up the parade and didn't care, and I don't recall it being a problem with the chocobos, but maybe it was and I just switched it back temporarily and forgot all about it. :p

Carl the Llama
06-18-2007, 06:07 PM
I always change the control and never have a problem lol :p

darksword12
06-19-2007, 01:11 AM
I never switch the controls on that, and I still get a grenade every time.

I find actual marching to be easier.

cloud21zidane16
06-19-2007, 01:35 AM
i never change the controls and luckily do just fine on the marching:strut:

Jessweeee♪
06-19-2007, 06:03 AM

Oh...so that's why I kept screwing that part up...
When I set it back to do the chocobo stuff I kept getting them confused >.<

hanawa
06-21-2007, 04:29 AM
Well even if Rufus loved your marching you would get yourself a-not-so-worthy Force Stealer sword. Ive never bother to equip it throughout the game.
Bout the chocobo thingy, i noe its already too late but still, i cant help but to advise you that next time, do not jam with controller & always play with the default keys.

Xaven
06-26-2007, 02:08 AM
I've never played through this game (well, out of the two times I have played it) without switching the controls. The first time X was select and Square was cancel, but I don't remember any problems. As GG said, maybe I forgot.

The second time, Triangle was select and Square was cancel--still don't remember problems. :O

grim07
06-29-2007, 03:37 PM
When I first played, I switched the controlles. Yes, it messed me up during the march, AND I had to switch to default for chocobo breeding.

I just keep it on default now.

Radje
07-07-2007, 05:13 PM
The only time the standard controls have messed me around in Final Fantasy would be in Final Fantasy 9 with the Ragtime mouse. Throughout the game I was using X as confirm so my mind was set on choosing the big floating blue X to mean "correct".

I haven't playing FF7 in a long time but if memory serves me correctly I never did well in the marching but always got the force stealer in the formation. I fond it to be a good sword for that portion of the game. Certainly helped against Jenova.

ReloadPsi
07-07-2007, 05:39 PM
The only time the standard controls have messed me around in Final Fantasy would be in Final Fantasy 9 with the Ragtime mouse. Throughout the game I was using X as confirm so my mind was set on choosing the big floating blue X to mean "correct".

I never thought of that before! (I always attacked the Circle, thanks to having read a manual for a Japanese camera which used those symbols, as opposed to how we use ticks/check marks/whatever in most English-speaking territories)