PDA

View Full Version : YouTube loading speeds

Discord
06-16-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm wondering how I could fix this problem.

When I'm watching videos on YouTube, and only YouTube, they take ages to load. I have a 16Mb DSL, so the speed is not a problem. The problem occurs on both Firefox 2 and IE7.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

crono_logical
06-16-2007, 11:15 PM
It's easily possible with the popularity of video streaming lately, ISPs now throttle this type of bandwidth so it doesn't drown out other traffic like email and less heavy surfing :p Or youtube itself may be under heavy traffic at the time of day you're trying to watch stuff. Either is possible, seeing as it's not limited to one browser. Try another time of day, or another ISP :D

Discord
06-17-2007, 01:47 AM
It's easily possible with the popularity of video streaming lately, ISPs now throttle this type of bandwidth so it doesn't drown out other traffic like email and less heavy surfing :p Or youtube itself may be under heavy traffic at the time of day you're trying to watch stuff. Either is possible, seeing as it's not limited to one browser. Try another time of day, or another ISP :D

That's the interesting bit. I tried it from the access point of a friend (who has a different ISP) of mine and it loaded just as slowly. Which wasn't a problem on his system though. It can't be the cash, nor the Flash, both of which I checked. It can't really be the system either, because the problem seems to the low serve-wise upstream. Apart from that, my hardware isn't that old either.

Quite frankly, I don't get it.