PDA

View Full Version : Rare Weapons Shopping List

Shattered Dreamer
06-16-2007, 11:51 PM
I know I'm incredibly lazy but I was wondering could anyone help me find the following weapons in FFXII I have two other requests also.

Excalibur, Dragon Whisker, Whale Whisker, Sagittarius, Formalhaut, Staff Of Magi, Rod Of Faith, Danjuro & Yagyu Darkblade.

Also where do yo get the Zodiac Escutcheon & is there any way to get Genji Armour apart from stealing it from Gilgamesh because when I tired too steal I kept getting X Potions.

lte
06-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Gamefaqs is your friend:
GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII (PS2) Ultimate Equipment FAQ by bcs4981 (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/459841/48127)

And no, you can't get any Genji pieces if you missed stealing from him. The thing is, after every cutscene (where he draws a sword) you can steal another item.
21-40% HP first encounter: Genji Shield
1-20% HP first encounter: Genji Gloves (this piece of equipment is pure ownage with high combo rate weapons such as Masamune or Turnesoul)
21-40% HP second encounter: Genji Helmet
1-20% HP second encounter: Genji Armor (I think this armor gives you 4x counter attack rates with Battle Harness)

Formalhaut
06-17-2007, 03:35 PM
When fighting him, just before, save. Then if you don't get ALL then just reload.

Shattered Dreamer
06-17-2007, 11:10 PM
I beat Gilgamesh about two weeks ago so looks like no Genji Armour for me.

Cloud_Lion_Heart
06-30-2007, 10:12 AM
So whats earliest you can get excalibur? Also I'm tring to level to 99 before I get reddas so he'll be there too. I'm tring to get right to where you get him and before that finish all available side quests. So what weapons can I get before then, and how?

10-Breaker
06-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Earliest to get Excalibur is when you enter the Great Crystal.

Shiva_
07-01-2007, 05:34 PM
If you're wanting to get the Tournesol relatively early as well, it's possible to get it after finishing draklor labs. You will need to be able to gain access to the 2nd part of the Feywood in order to be able to defeat certain mobs for some of the ingredients. Before gaining access to it, you have to fight a boss, and you won't be able to fight it until you complete draklor labs.

Additionally, you have to join the Hunt Club so you can steal essential ingredients from rare game, and you also won't be able to do this until you complete draklor labs.

If you want to fight optional Espers to help with getting some of the ingredients (you get some as rewards for fighting a certain # of them), then your levels should be high enough as well.

Cloud_Lion_Heart
07-02-2007, 09:26 PM
So is it possible to get two Tournesol if you have the right items? Also do you need the diamond armlet to get the excalibur cause some sites say you do.

Shattered Dreamer
07-02-2007, 11:52 PM
In theory you could get a Tournesol for all your characters but that would take far too much time.

10-Breaker
07-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Can't be possible to get more than 1 Tournesol since it isn't repeatable?

Yes you need that Diamond Armlet. When you're going to get it you get money first, but the chest doesn't disappear. When you open the chest again tada'h Excalibur is yours.

Cloud_Lion_Heart
07-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Earliest to get Excalibur is when you enter the Great Crystal.

Really I'm at the great cyrstal now and I can't open the Scorpino Gate and thats the first thing you open to get to the excalibur chest. also how do you get a diamond armlet that earily in the game?

Renmiri
07-03-2007, 09:52 PM
The guy on Estersand sells it iirc.