PDA

View Full Version : KHII Sephiroth

Goldenboko
06-17-2007, 05:05 AM
Whats the lowest you've beaten Sephiroth in KHII?
I beat him at 50, I'd consider that an accomplishment if I wasn't on Normal Mode :(

PuPu
06-17-2007, 05:09 AM
Level 34 on Proud Mode.

Didn't use Berserk Charge, only used Trinity Limit once.

Goldenboko
06-17-2007, 05:12 AM
So you finally finished you Low Level Sephy Challenge? Congrats.

PuPu
06-17-2007, 05:15 AM
So you finally finished you Low Level Sephy Challenge? Congrats.
I was aiming for 30 or below, but I guess there were too many forced battles in the game.

I wonder its even possible to get to Sephiroth at level 30. Maybe someone like Tavrobel knows the total amount of XP received from forced battles. (Oh Tav...where are you?)

Tavrobel
06-17-2007, 05:31 AM
I don't actually know the lowest possible EXP amount until Seph. I don't believe that you could get to him below 30 without doing the Level 1 Gameshark cheat. Level 43 is already considered low for beginning WtNW (even though Sephiroth is unlockable before then).

My lowest level was whatever level you get Second Chance in the Defender Path (probably 49 or 50).

The fast-track to beating Sephiroth is Reflect, not Berserk Charge, even if people say otherwise.

Markus. D
06-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Sephi.

Oh I hate thou~

I can never time my Reflectga right :(

Clawsze
06-17-2007, 01:56 PM
If FM+ comes to the West, Tavvy can test himelf with the Critical, No EXP ability, then we shall learn the lowest level.

Until then, about 45.

Goldenboko
06-17-2007, 02:31 PM
If FM+ comes to the West, Tavvy PuPu can test himelf with the Critical, No EXP ability, then we shall learn the lowest level.

Until then, about 45.

Fixed :thumb:

Tavrobel
06-17-2007, 03:14 PM
If FM+ comes to the West, Tavvy can test himelf with the Critical, No EXP ability, then we shall learn the lowest level.

Until then, about 45.

LOL no.

I'd fight the Data bosses at low level; there's thirteen of them. Screw Sephiroth. And the Unknown Soldier (I refuse to call him Terra, as it hasn't been confirmed) is too predictable. His attacks are too simple to time: in one word, his only strength is his AoE.

Not that the mechanics of the game are any different until after WtNW.

Clawsze
06-17-2007, 04:54 PM
You might have trouble with Marly, one hit and you die.

Xatif
06-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Easiest mode I did it at Level 50~60. Then I tried him on Proud Mode and got to (barely) beat him at Level 60~65. So I guess those are the level ranges I can do.

Zeromus_X
06-18-2007, 01:38 AM
I just don't know how those crazy level one Critical Mode people do it, much less doing crazy no damage stuff.

Anyway, on the English version I beat him at level 60. Sephiroth's attacks are incredibly damaging, however, his attack pattern is a bit predictable and Reflect makes mincemeat out of him (Reflect is pretty uber against most things, though). I have yet to beat him on Final Mix, but I'm more looking forward to the Data Organization XIII members.

Hazzard
06-18-2007, 05:52 PM
level 80+

I felt more satisfaction as I whooped his ass in a few minutes, rather than hours...

Ouch!
06-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Sephiroth was one of the last things I did. By the time I went after him I was already in the high 60's. From what I've noticed, level doesn't matter very much when fighting Sephiroth. Since HP isn't based on your level, that's not a concern. It's all knowing his attack patterns anyway.

Cledarius
06-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Sephiroth was one of the last things I did. By the time I went after him I was already in the high 60's. From what I've noticed, level doesn't matter very much when fighting Sephiroth. Since HP isn't based on your level, that's not a concern. It's all knowing his attack patterns anyway.

True! All you need to beat seph is know-how. His attacks are easy to dodge/counter if you know how. i beat him at lv 55 but i think i would have no problem beating him at lv. 30.

Tavrobel
06-18-2007, 07:48 PM
I like how Reflect can be used to counter physical attacks, too.

Hazzard
06-18-2007, 09:55 PM
I never used reflect in that battle, but just sided with Curaga, Hi-potions and ethers for restorative aiding. I dodged most of his predictable attacks, after undergoing many battles of repetition of being completed annihilated, or getting to one of the last health bars. I kept fluent in movement, and ran around a lot, and when I saw my chance I seized it and beat him to a pulp, using Berserk charge and normal attacks. Combos weren't very useful, especially Explosion for me.

Ashley Schovitz
06-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Well my tactic against him was to block his physical attacks and then counter with a combo, don't finish the combo,but press Square to send him in the air and then use the air combo. I only used reflect when he conjured those dark orbs. You can go on throughout the fight with a perfect, but nobody here's a robot so there are incidents when you mess up and don't block in time. I hate it when he does that fire thing, but I manage to run while being pulled without being sucked in. His meteor attack is very easy to dodge with just some double jump work.

I think I beat him on 80 my first time.

Ouch!
06-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Although I'm not sure about any other instances, it also returns damage from Tifa's physical attacks. It was very useful in round 49 of the Hades Cup.

Tavrobel
06-19-2007, 12:55 AM
Although I'm not sure about any other instances, it also returns damage from Tifa's physical attacks. It was very useful in round 49 of the Hades Cup.

You can reflect almost any attack in the game with Reflect. It doesn't work quite as well as most would like it to against melee attackers, or enemies with a high attack speed, since there is a casting delay where you can get hit.

However, all attacks can be Reflected for damage. The amount varies with the damage that was initially to be done (obviously). This is a broken ability, btw. It's even more broken in FM+, where nearly all of the Data fights can be annihilated within a minute using Reflect. Roxas suffers particularly gravely from this (he does the most damage), and Larxene, whose attacks stack on top of each other.

LunarWeaver
06-19-2007, 01:59 AM
By the time I got around to him I was like 86 :grover:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-19-2007, 02:50 AM
40-50, boy what an hour

Brennan
06-22-2007, 08:04 PM
I did a lvl 34 one, with the weakest keyblade.

Yeah, it was hard.

Hambone
06-23-2007, 10:44 AM

No you don't. :cry:

Hazzard
06-23-2007, 11:27 AM

Yeah, it was hard.

Really...? Well congrats to you, but surely it wasn't done on Proud Mode?

Brennan
06-25-2007, 12:49 AM

Yeah, it was hard.

Really...? Well congrats to you, but surely it wasn't done on Proud Mode?
It was.

Xatif
06-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Right now, I'm attempting to fight Sephiroth at the lowest level possible. I'm headed to Port Royal at Level 15... (First time)

I want to see if I can really beat him at a very low level.

crimsonsuzaku
07-11-2007, 03:55 PM
lvl 50 at proud mode using Oblivian and lvl 80+ at critical using Ultima Weapon, see the difference.

PuPu
07-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Right now, I'm attempting to fight Sephiroth at the lowest level possible. I'm headed to Port Royal at Level 15... (First time)

I want to see if I can really beat him at a very low level.
According to this: GameFAQs: Kingdom Hearts II (PS2) Low Level Challenge Guide by CElliotNeal (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/915410/44718)

The lowest level possible to face Sephy is level 34/35; that is, if you aren't playing Final Mix+ on Critical Mode. Also, I think he says that in Anti-Form you get 0 XP. Could be useful for forced battles.

Yeah, it was hard.

Can you even tell me what the weakest keyblade is? If not, I doubt that you're telling the truth.

Clawsze
07-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Can you even tell me what the weakest keyblade is? If not, I doubt that you're telling the truth.
Bet anythign he says Kingdom Key, PuPu.

Xatif
07-14-2007, 03:31 PM
According to this: GameFAQs: Kingdom Hearts II (PS2) Low Level Challenge Guide by CElliotNeal (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/915410/44718)

The lowest level possible to face Sephy is level 34/35; that is, if you aren't playing Final Mix+ on Critical Mode. Also, I think he says that in Anti-Form you get 0 XP. Could be useful for forced battles.So, I'm there already, huh? It was quick to get there at Level 34.

Can you even tell me what the weakest keyblade is? If not, I doubt that you're telling the truth.I believe the weakest Keyblade is Sweet Memories (No strength nor magic Boost).

Northcrest
07-14-2007, 08:11 PM
I think i had beaten him on my 1st try which was proud mode on lvl 75. All I needed was Ultima Weapon and I was good.

PuPu
07-16-2007, 02:59 AM
Can you even tell me what the weakest keyblade is? If not, I doubt that you're telling the truth.I believe the weakest Keyblade is Sweet Memories (No strength nor magic Boost).

Darn it Xatif, I meant One Winged God, not you. :p

He said he beat Sephy with the "weakest keyblade," which seemed absurd seeing as how he didn't know what it was.

LunaticPandora37
07-18-2007, 11:29 PM
I beat sephiroth at lvl 40 with the kingdom key...it was really kinda hard.. took me a couple of tries. A thing I learned you could do was when he hit you in the air use AERIAL RECOVER...not retaliating slash. then just beat him to death...

He hits you in the air...it doesn't do a lot of dmg then you hit O then you mash X...really easy way to do about a gauge of health to him...i didn't know you could do trinity by yourself so i used my little strategy till he ran around like a manic...most of the forced battles i used drive forms so i could get the skills so i had lvl 2 high jump lvl 1 quick run and lvl1 aerial dodge.

Sephiroth isn't too difficult imo...

Brennan
07-18-2007, 11:52 PM
It's been awhile since I played it, but I think it was Sweet Memories, all I remember is that you get it from 100 Acre Woods and it's really short.

PuPu
07-20-2007, 03:17 AM
It's been awhile since I played it, but I think it was Sweet Memories, all I remember is that you get it from 100 Acre Woods and it's really short.
And you post this after Xatif already said the answer. Convenient, no?

Xatif
07-21-2007, 04:12 AM
:sweat: Eh... Sorry about that...

Anyways, I see it even more difficult. I'm fighting Sephiroth with Rumbling Rose (Finishing Plus Bonus) and I still find it difficult to bring him to the last 5 bars.

The Mog Ninja
08-16-2007, 02:01 PM
I was 86 Proud Mode. Beat him first mode. He was WAAAAAAAAAY too easy. WAY!

Advent VII
08-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Blah, don't beat on the poor guy, theres no way to tell if he's telling the truth or not, if no one said anything about what the weakest one was he could have easily looked it up on the internet, or maybe he did beat it with what he said, who knows :D

Aaaanyways, on my secound (and last) time through, i think i was around 60 -70, so normale level, and i used the kingdom key (i despise sm. so useless -.-), but with all forms levels up, so i had all the extra abuilitys. fully leveld glid and double jump come in sooo uasefull, haha. the one where you skid across the ground (from the magic form, forget the name, heh) not so much ;)

no spells (beserk, reflectga, curega), just alot of jumping around and dogeing, and beating him senceless

NaroK
08-17-2007, 12:13 AM
i Havent beat him yet :rolleyes2 . Proud mode lvl 72 i think i am. I havent read any guides on how to beat him yet.

i finally got the hang of it then boom he summoned 1000000000 black orb thingos and owned me. Havent played it since haha:p

Goldenboko
08-17-2007, 12:21 AM

Hm... could it be cause you where level 86? :rolleyes2

The Mog Ninja
08-17-2007, 04:47 AM

Probably not. He only hit me one or two times.

Also, I didn't use any guides :)

Goldenboko
08-17-2007, 06:07 AM

You missed my point *shakes head*

The Mog Ninja
08-17-2007, 01:22 PM

Wasn't your point that I could take more hits at level 86?

PuPu
08-17-2007, 02:27 PM

Not only that, but your attacks are also stronger, making the task of killing him much faster, therefore making it easier for you.

The Mog Ninja
08-17-2007, 02:51 PM

Not only that, but your attacks are also stronger, making the task of killing him much faster, therefore making it easier for you.

Ah, yeah. Meh, I would've been lower, but that was on my 100% run.

AND, no guides at all, beating him first go. Yeah, you know I own.

Goldenboko
08-17-2007, 03:03 PM

Did I say I used guides? I know I didn't. I know that PuPu's vanity would also never let him turn to the help of others so he didn't use a guide.

Oh and PuPu's beaten him at the lowest level possible on Proud, so stop trying to show off its making you look like an arrogant n00b.

The Mog Ninja
08-17-2007, 03:13 PM

Did I say I used guides? I know I didn't. I know that PuPu's vanity would also never let him turn to the help of others so he didn't use a guide.

Oh and PuPu's beaten him at the lowest level possible on Proud, so stop trying to show off its making you look like an arrogant n00b.

lol

PuPu
08-17-2007, 03:29 PM
What's so funny? The fact that you tried to show off and nobody was impressed KingdomHeartsKing? :rolleyes2

More like KingdomHeartsNoob. :lol:

Tavrobel
08-17-2007, 04:00 PM
I like where this is going. Give me some more KHII drama.

Hazzard
08-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Stop picking on KingdomHeartsN00b?! It's not his fault he's the best killer of Sephiroth!

Advent VII
08-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh man, we'v actully reverted to calling each other 'noob'

soon people are going to start acuseing him of useing hax too, and how all the fn lag in the game that got in the way of them pwning seph.:rolleyes2

Goldenboko
08-17-2007, 07:20 PM
So, what is generally agreed is that he can make comments like

"Yeah, you know I own."

And I have to just sit and watch. I hate arrogance, unless its Tav.

PuPu
08-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Did the rest of you even read what he said in his posts?

I'd rather call him a noob than accept his acts of showing off and his arrogance.

Timster
08-17-2007, 08:30 PM
I agree with PuPu and Goldenboko

people who brag, let alone about something lame, are VERY annoying...

Stop picking on KingdomHeartsN00b?! It's not his fault he's the best killer of Sephiroth!

and BTW Hazzard, was that sarcasm???

and btw why should anyone, say PuPu, accuse KingdomHeartsN00b... um i mean King :p about using hacks and other stuff, when PuPu is the one who beat Sephiroth with the lowest level...??? and why would anyone else even care enough to go down that road, it's just a game people...not the end of the world...:rolleyes2

No disrespect to you KingdomHeartsKing, while selfconfidence is good, too much is arrogant and annoying! And if it makes you feel better i beat him at level 91 proud mode...

Go PuPu and Goldenboko! :kaocheer:

Anyways back on topic :p Yeah like i said I beat KH2 sephiroth on level 91 proud mode... nothing big it's just i couldn't take an hour-long battle... was kind of boring... KH1 Sephiroth, now that's a challenge... i thought he was alot thougher... although on a high enough level nothing's hard... KH2 Sephiroth didn't have as many variations in attack... that's what made him seem alot easier...

Advent VII
08-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Did the rest of you even read what he said in his posts?

I'd rather call him a noob than accept his acts of showing off and his arrogance.

Hahah, I wasnt meaning it in a bad way, i just thought it sounded kind of funny:D Reminds me of the days when i played Kuya RO.:greenie:

The Mog Ninja
08-18-2007, 12:27 PM

Yeah, you shouldn't get upset I use Sephiroth to wipe my ass and you guys don't.