PDA

View Full Version : [Graphic Design] Different style, what do you think?

Rostum
06-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey I was messing around with a different sort of style for signatures that I was making for a couple of people on another forum. I'd try it out here, but they don't allow anything greater than 50kb in size. Really, they didn't take much effort to make, only about 10 minutes each.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Omecle/BautierSigniture.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Omecle/AlkistiSignature.png

Anyways, I'd just thought I'd get some feedback on them.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I like! Great work! :D

The only thing I notice is that they're not exactly 50KB big...

Polaris
06-17-2007, 02:58 PM
I like it! :D That's pretty cool! :D

daggertrepe
06-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Ooh VERY nice. :)

Fatal Impurity
06-17-2007, 11:25 PM
I like the "scribble" background effect that you've done! How do you do that?

Rengori
06-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Freakin' sweet, keep it up.

Rostum
06-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I like! Great work! :D

The only thing I notice is that they're not exactly 50KB big...

Yeah I know, I'd never use them here. On another forum I go to that is specifically for Final Fantasy XI, they have a larger limit. ^^; I guess I could make it a .gif and it'd probably fit in the 50kb size, but I'd lose a lot of detail around the edges.

I like the "scribble" background effect that you've done! How do you do that?

In Photoshop, you just make a new layer, put it behind everything, then with my tablet I paint the scribble (in this case, it's an oil paint brush, though I wish it had more detail). Then you just delete the background to make it transparent.

Though you can only really use the transparency with .gif or .png. PNG are a lot more high quality, but the file sizes are a lot bigger.

VoodooChild
06-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Those are awesome! I already love the work you produce, Omecle, and I'm really liking this new style.

I prefer the 2nd one, as you can see more detail in the brush strokes, but they are both great :)

(Btw, I'm really liking the style of your current signature)

Melodies_of_life
06-22-2007, 02:27 AM
WOW those really are good... and you used PS... about your size problem... have you tried saving them without the white part as your background? (I'm not really sure but I thought that it might cut down a little on the kb size) or do you think that that would take away from the sigs looks?