PDA

View Full Version : Whoring out a Relationship

Raebus
06-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Now, I'm sure we're all seen these types of people. They go out with friends and friends don't ask then said people say "OH BY THE WAY, I'VE GOT A BOYFRIEND AND WE'RE HAPPY!222211111" or alternatively "the sex with my boyfriend/girlfriend/she male is beyond great".

What do you think of these couples who have to tell everyone about something thats meant to be special for no reason whatsoever, other than to be noticed or to get attention?

I eagerly await all posts, lips licking etc. =]

Odaisé Gaelach
06-17-2007, 03:32 PM
~*~Celes~*~ & ShadowBahamut (http://forums.eyesonff.com/eyes-each-other/106144-dedicated.html) won the Cutest Couple Ciddie, so they're automatically immune from any criticism.

If they're my friends, and they're happy, then I've no problem with them squealing that their boyfriend/girlfriend is the bestest thing evar! :love:

I don't mind that... once or twice or three times... four and you're pushing it.

Rye
06-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh, there's been plenty of THAT on EoFF lately, and I haven't even been here much for the past few months.

I think it's kind of annoying. There's way of involving your bf/gf into a conversation without making it obnoxious.

Araciel
06-17-2007, 03:53 PM
well i don't think of it as annoying, just childish, and to me shows a bit of insecurity or just inexperience...sure you're happy, sure you have someone to love, but no one cares.

Fuzakeru
06-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Omg guys, I have a boyfriend and he's amazing and we're sooooooo happy togeher! :love: :love:

PS - the sex is amazing!!!!!!11one11!11

rubah
06-17-2007, 04:30 PM
If you have to have reassurances from outside sources about your relationship, it's not very stable is it?

bipper
06-17-2007, 04:32 PM
If you have to have reassurances from outside sources about your relationship, it's not very stable is it?

[img macro: pwned]

This seems to be very true. It is what separates real relations from Hollywood relations.

Araciel
06-17-2007, 04:36 PM
and since hollywood is idolized the the point of deification of stupid teenagers, they want to emulate that behaviour...and so we have the point of this thread.

makes perfect sense.

goddamned kids.

Chemical
06-17-2007, 04:39 PM
My girlfriends and I gossip and talk like that to eachother all the time.

Though that's significantly different; We're actually interested in eachother's life.

Otherwise I just shrug and don't really notice that kind of stuff.

Fuzakeru
06-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Well, in all honesty it is slightly annoying but I tend to put myself in their shoes before I turn them off. If they're happy I'd like to be supportive enough to deal with their lovey dovey ramblings no matter how played out it is.

Aaand . . . I think I'd rather listen to them chirp about how utterly wonderful their life is with their new partner than listen to them cry about how they'll be alone forever.

Araciel
06-17-2007, 04:49 PM
but that's so much funnier.

Craig
06-17-2007, 04:51 PM
lol whenever my mate takes quizzes on myspace he somehow manages to incorporate his girlfriend into every other question.

what did you do today: i was at abbys
what time did you get up this morning: 10, same time as abby
what is your favourite food: whatever i eat with abby

its annoying

Shiny
06-17-2007, 05:33 PM
They're attention whores desperate for affection, because they're clingy? I think it was an actor who actually once said, "Real relationships are the ones that we don't see constantly on television. If you love a person you don't need the whole world to know it. The only person that needs to know is the person you love." So yeah.

Psychotic
06-17-2007, 05:37 PM
It just aint my style. The quote in Shiny's post is a really good one, and it sums up how I am with that kind of thing.

It's annoying to have anything constantly thrust into your face, whether it's a relationship, a religion or someone's preference for the McDonald's poundsaver menu.
lol whenever my mate takes quizzes on myspace he somehow manages to incorporate his girlfriend into every other question.

its annoyingHow would he answer this question:

If you had to have sex with one man, who would it be?

bipper
06-17-2007, 05:39 PM
]How would he answer this question:

Psychotic is the only logical answer to that question.

Rye
06-17-2007, 05:42 PM
It just aint my style. The quote in Shiny's post is a really good one, and it sums up how I am with that kind of thing.

It's annoying to have anything constantly thrust into your face, whether it's a relationship, a religion or someone's preference for the McDonald's poundsaver menu.

whoever looks the most like abby lol

Fuzakeru
06-17-2007, 05:43 PM
blah blah stuff . . . religion or someone's preference for the McDonald's poundsaver menu.

Off topic but yeah, I laughed when I saw poundsaver and thought it was some clever mockery of how fattening McD's is. Then I thought to myself, "No, its a pound cause he's in Canada. Wait. Psy isn't Canadian. He's British, isn't he?" Yeah.

Keeping the relationship down key thing seems more like an attempt to hide it. I could understand that with celebraties but I kinda think its nice to let the whole world know how much in love you are.

Love itself is either the main point of strong shadow in most literature, music, and art. Its something to be celebrated, I think.

~*~Celes~*~
06-17-2007, 05:45 PM
How would he answer this question:

That made me giggle <3

I try not to whore off mine 'n SB's relationship and I know I do sometimes, but it's not because I need reassurance or anything. I just want the world to know how happy I am, and I want the world to know how special he is to me. I may sound obsessive to some, but I'm nowhere near as bad as I was when I was 9 and had my first "boyfriend," where every word that came out was "Seth!" (which was his name). I talk about him with my friends because it's something we have in common, as they have boyfriends as well, and they all know him. I don't go around saying "OMG NO WAI ALAN JUST LOOKED AT ME! SQUEE!" or anything, but I do mention him a lot. I tend to speak my mind, that's why, and he's always there :cool: Call me obsessive, call me a relationship whorer, call me insecure, whatever you wish, I don't mind. He thinks it's cute that I like to talk about him, because to him it says that I'm proud to be his girl, which is the truth, and nothing but.

Miriel
06-17-2007, 06:00 PM
I think it's kind of annoying. There's way of involving your bf/gf into a conversation without making it obnoxious.

Word.

I used to find it more annoying than I do now. But I still think it's weird when people bring up their significant others in completely random and repeated ways. I think it's along the same lines as name dropping. Sort of the same thing Oprah does. She's talking about digestive systems and all of a sudden she has to bring up Julia Roberts. It's like, chill girl, we know you're famous and know famous people. No need to bring it up every 5 minutes. O_o But yeah, same thing with people who are constantly bringing up the fact that they're in a relationship.

Araciel
06-17-2007, 06:02 PM
some reason i just thought of this fact also:

i was more annoyed by it when i was single :P

but still

XxSephirothxX
06-17-2007, 06:06 PM
I could say lots of mean things about them, but I think "It's pretty funny" sums it up reasonably well. :p Gives me something to talk about, anyway.

Renmiri
06-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I just love hearing happy love stories, so I don't mind friends sharing them. I actually enjoy it :love:

escobert
06-17-2007, 06:34 PM
I dunno. I ignore most people. and the people I don't ignore don't talk about that nonsense!

Old Manus
06-17-2007, 06:40 PM
My relationship with Psychotic must always remain a secret.

DK
06-17-2007, 07:55 PM
How would he answer this question:

abbys dad

"If you love a person you don't need the whole world to know it. The only person that needs to know is the person you love." So yeah.

This is what I believe also.

Madame Adequate
06-17-2007, 09:46 PM
So let 'em be happy.

Nominus Experse
06-17-2007, 10:04 PM
If their relationship is young, I find it understandable. However, if it seems that they are feeding off of other people's aws and oos, I find it rather odd, even annoying.

I am a romantic, and so understand how some people may travel a path not exactly asked for when discussing things, but even then, there is a point.

At any rate, it seems to be that they simply want to talk about them, to no one in particular - just someone. When some people are excited - even jubilant - I have found that it's not uncommon to ramble on about it. A simple nod, yes or no, aw or whatever is sufficient really. If they are so wrapped up in their little fairy tale that they are spouting it out at any open moment, your disinterest doesn;t really matter. It seems they are speaking more to themselves than you at any rate.

If it's post, simply ignore it.

As MILF sated, let 'em be happy. We all desire happiness in one form or another, so let them have it.

Fonzie
06-17-2007, 10:22 PM
My feelings towards this can be only expressed through MS paint.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2116/cerealmm0.png (http://imageshack.us)

fire_of_avalon
06-17-2007, 11:05 PM

Del Murder
06-17-2007, 11:08 PM
I hear that. I'm sick of hearing about all of Quina's sexual conquests.

Yamaneko
06-17-2007, 11:19 PM
I prefer Captain Crunch.

Craig
06-18-2007, 12:15 AM

whoever looks the most like abby lol

oh, hed have his pick from alot of fine gents. she is pretty mannish. she reminds me of the werewolves from dog soldiers

LunarWeaver
06-18-2007, 12:21 AM
I don't mind a person bringing up their wonderful relationship as long as they're willing to share. I mean, don't bring up how awesome your gum is and then not offer me a piece.

Anaisa
06-18-2007, 12:45 AM
I hate couples. Whether their being mushy about each other, or complaining about each other, either way, they turn my stomach.

kikimm
06-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Depends. If someone goes on and on and on and brings their boyfriend or girlfriend into every single conversation, or starts giving me details about things I don't want to know about, yeah it's fucking annoying. I don't mind more normal levels of it, though. That's cool, I get it.

PyroManiak
06-18-2007, 01:39 AM
I start to mess around with their relationship and usually try to get the male to do something to piss off the female...I once got some1 divorced for throwing a sock at their wife x_x

Mr.SimpleandClean
06-18-2007, 04:26 AM
I know the kind of people your talkin about. And it gets annoying but I guess if i was in a good relationship than i would feel the need to tell the world as well. But Im not about to Whore out my relationship!

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-18-2007, 05:27 AM
I tend to put these people on the same annoyance level as those who constantly bring the conversation back to them, i.e. "people who I don't want to be around because they annoy me."

Fuzakeru
06-18-2007, 04:55 PM
You guys are the most loveless bunch of crummy old geezers the internet has to offer. :cry:

I bet you beat blind dogs if they wander on to your lawn, don't you?

Shoeberto
06-18-2007, 08:05 PM
You guys are the most loveless bunch of crummy old geezers the internet has to offer. :cry:

I bet you beat blind dogs if they wander on to your lawn, don't you?
I don't see how it relates, but no, I'd never do that. Dogs are too awesome.

But yeah. This kind of stuff really gets me bothered when they start describing when they do sexual things. I do not want to hear about it. It is not romantic or cute or making me think higher of them. It is making me feel awkward and like vomiting.

It's understandable in new couples to have that crazy infatuation, but after a while, unless they're actually doing something really great or sweet, we don't need to hear about how adorable they look as they drool on their pillow. thx.

Anaisa
06-19-2007, 12:53 AM

I bet you beat blind dogs if they wander on to your lawn, don't you? You're comparing dogs to horrible couples! That's animal cruelty. I'd batter a couple if I had a lawn an they wandered on to it.

Mirage
06-19-2007, 01:47 AM
I tell old friends that I've got a girlfriend if I run into them, but I don't give details about how great we're doing, and much less what our sex is like.

Misfit
06-19-2007, 03:17 AM
omg jowy iz so gr8, we hav teh lotz of teh sex & it iz lyk, so gud. omg we r so happyz!!!!1

Big D
06-19-2007, 07:52 AM
I like it when friends are happy, and I like hearing about what makes couples happy. However, it irritates me a little when someone incessantly, and out-of-contextly, reminds everyone that they've got an awesome boy/girlfriend, and their life is fantastic because of this, and they're really lucky and no-one could be as happy as they are now. It's one thing to 'share the love', but quite another to brag and show an obsessive pre-occupation with that part of their life.

Loony BoB
06-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Well, my awesome girlfriend (smittenkitten, some may know her as Danielle) and I (we're previous winners of Cutest Couple, by the way!!!) are very much in love and we're moving in together soon and it's just so awesome how well we've done over the past year and stuff, but anyway, yeah, I hate people who whore our relationships.

Polaris
06-19-2007, 11:34 AM
I try to speak the less I can about mine.. not because I am unhappy but because it probably bores other people! Speically the single ones ;) Anyway I don't mind watch other couples happy and always speaking of it! I find it really cute!

Bunny
06-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Girls have cooties and relationships are icky.

demondude
06-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Girls have cooties and relationships are icky.

Seconded

Harroldo
06-19-2007, 12:57 PM
well if anything is going great in your life you as a person usually like to tell everyone about it and i guess if you don't understand that certain poeple feel like that then it could be weird i mean " the sex is great" is fine and all but much more into detail (without question)is rude but some poeple like to rub their happiness in your face purely vindictively. idk its not enough info for me at least to respond acurately

Zeus
06-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Sex isn't just good. No no no. It's the :skull::skull::skull::skull:. ^,^