PDA

View Full Version : X-Men 4

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Do you think a fourth X-Men film could work? The only way that I could see a fourth X-Men film working is if that film acknowledges the events of X-Men & X2 but disregards the events of X-Men 3.

Necron
06-17-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm sure a X-men 4 film could work. At the end of X-men 3,Magneto appears to be getting back his powers, so it could be about how the mutants get their powers back. This means a new war could rage between the humans and mutants. The end of this movie sort of leaves it open doesn't it, so that it's apparent that a sequel could be made.

Fonzie
06-17-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm pretty sure the producers making spin-off films just involving Magneto or Wolverine.

Madame Adequate
06-17-2007, 09:43 PM
A fourth movie could logically work because very little happened in the third one which mattered. Nobody lost their powers permanently, Prof X. didn't actually die, and the few people who did either had their story resolved or sucked anyway.

Necron
06-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Hang on, Prof X didn't actually die? What?

Araciel
06-17-2007, 10:14 PM
watch the WHOLE movie, and sit through the credits, you'll see.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Jean Grey and Scott Summers died.

ljkkjlcm9
06-17-2007, 10:22 PM

Jean grey is the phoenix, phoenix can't die. Only Scott Summers "died" but you really don't know that for sure cause he's just gone.

THE JACKEL

Tavrobel
06-17-2007, 10:25 PM

Jean grey is the phoenix, phoenix can't die. Only Scott Summers "died" but you really don't know that for sure cause he's just gone.

THE JACKAL

They could still exist in the alternate timeline, the one that involves Cable. From there, you get a multitude of enemies, and restoration of the status quo.

X-Men IV will never exist without Gambit. It can no longer be held out from people.

Araciel
06-17-2007, 10:34 PM
that's what they said about 2...and 3...

also, if they aren't going to have aliens in it, they sure as hell aren't going to do alternate timelines.

Spammerman
06-17-2007, 10:36 PM
X-Men IV will never exist without Gambit. It can no longer be held out from people.

I Don't Need A Name
06-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty sure the producers making spin-off films just involving Magneto or Wolverine.

Yep, that they are

THE JACKAL

Course Jean Grey can die. she does in the comic!! she kills herself, i think that generally means she dies

Breine
06-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Do you think a fourth X-Men film could work? The only way that I could see a fourth X-Men film working is if that film acknowledges the events of X-Men & X2 but disregards the events of X-Men 3.

If they were to make a fourth movie that wouldn't work at all in my opinion. It would just seem ridiculous to not acknowledge the third movie.

The only way it would work is probably if they make a prequel, which I've heard they're making about Magneto.

LunarWeaver
06-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Only if they replace Halle Berry with somebody who doesn't need to be on screen constantly.

Discord
06-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Only if they replace Halle Berry with somebody who doesn't need to be on screen constantly.

I only liked her in the first film. She was somehow excessive in the sequels.

Del Murder
06-17-2007, 11:02 PM
I would like to see a time travel movie that fixes the events of the third movie, but that will never happen.

Paro
06-18-2007, 01:49 AM
Why would they want to do something like that? The last thing the world needs is another crappy x-men movie.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-18-2007, 06:15 AM

If they were to make a fourth movie that wouldn't work at all in my opinion. It would just seem ridiculous to not acknowledge the third movie.

Well the third X-Men film sucks and doesn't Superman Returns disregard the events of Superman III & IV? And the fourth X-Men film wouldn't be called X-Men 4 I was just too lazy to write "The Next X-Men Movie" as my thread title.

Mr.SimpleandClean
06-18-2007, 07:38 AM
I think if they did, they'd could totally make it bad @$$ and dominate over that last spider man film!! It has so much potential, much like third one did.....

Bunny
06-18-2007, 12:21 PM
I believe it was stated around the release of the third film in the francise that, were another X-Men film released, it would be entirely seperate from the first three films, as that series of storylines is done. I can't find a source for this and I might be making it up though.

Wolverine and Magneto are getting their own films though. And a third spin-off is in the works as well. superherohype.com has some news about that somewhere on the site, it may be the Mystique film that was talked about awhile back

Dreddz
06-18-2007, 12:32 PM
When I saw this thread on the homepage I thought it would of been made by John_912. Isnt that odd?

Anyways, X-Men 4 will only work if it has a good cast and a good director. X-Men 3 sucked because Bryan Singer left the series to do Superman.

Breine
06-18-2007, 02:06 PM

Well the third X-Men film sucks and doesn't Superman Returns disregard the events of Superman III & IV? And the fourth X-Men film wouldn't be called X-Men 4 I was just too lazy to write "The Next X-Men Movie" as my thread title.

Oh, okay. Now I see where you are coming from - because, well... let's just be honest... the third X-Men movie didn't really deliver.

I'm not sure about the Superman films, though, but with Superman Returns I guess they started a new Superman movie franchise.

Slothy
06-18-2007, 03:38 PM

Oh, okay. Now I see where you are coming from - because, well... let's just be honest... the third X-Men movie didn't really deliver.

I'm not sure about the Superman films, though, but with Superman Returns I guess they started a new Superman movie franchise.

Superman Returns did ignore Superman III and IV, and only kept select bits of Superman II (I read somewhere that in that movies continuity, Zod and friends were never released, but I never saw anything official saying what they kept from Superman II. I'd really rather think that they just ignored most of it too).

I don't think that'd really work for the X-Men franchise though. Unlike Superman III and IV, a lot of people actually saw X3. Not to mention the amount of time there was between the last two Superman movies gave Singer some wiggle room to do almost anything he wanted with the franchise. As much as I'd like them to ignore X3, it'd be a hard pill for the studio to swallow. It'd basically be acknowledging that it was crap and they're trying for a do-over.