PDA

View Full Version : Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead

Necron
06-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Which do people think is better, Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead?

Craig
06-17-2007, 09:20 PM
They were both funny but Shaun of the Dead was better.

A couple of bits from Hot Fuzz made me chuckle quite a bit though, such as:

So you murdered him?!
He murdered Shakespeare.
What?! ..Oh.

Necron
06-17-2007, 09:23 PM
I found that with Shaun of the Dead, the more i watched it, the funnier it became. I've only so far watched Hot Fuzz once, so i really can't decide between then

Fonzie
06-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Shaun of the Dead. One of my favorite british films.

Squall's Gal
06-17-2007, 10:37 PM
I haven't seen Shaun of the Dead, but I LOVED Hot Fuzz. My friend had to explain the references to me throughout the film. :rolleyes2

Psychotic
06-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Seen 'em both, and while they're both brilliant, I'd say Hot Fuzz just edges it.

Araciel
06-18-2007, 12:37 AM
hot fuzz sucks.

shaun of the dead is a zombie movie.

'nuff said.

Mirage
06-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Fuzz. The hot kind.

Tavrobel
06-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Seen 'em both, and while they're both brilliant, I'd say Hot Fuzz just edges it.

omfg I actually agree with Psychotic. Is it going to rain fire today?

Rengori
06-18-2007, 01:11 AM
I fucking loved both of them, but Hot Fuzz was superior. I like cop shoot-em ups more than Zombie apocalypse movies, so that's probably why.

PS: Clint Eastwood is the most badass guy ever.

Mythra
06-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Haven't seen Hot Fuzz yet, want to though. So I'm gonna have to go with Shaun of the Dead

Værn
06-18-2007, 02:22 AM
I'd say they're about the same, but since in Shaun of the Dead they were playing TimeSplitters 2 it gets my vote ^_^

Burtsplurt
06-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Zombies > country bumpkins.

Shaun edges it.

Sergeant Hartman
06-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Hot Fuzz most definately :up:

blim
06-18-2007, 09:42 PM
I watched Hot Fuzz the other day and was a little disappointed however i think that may be because my hopes were higher as i enjoyed Shaun of the dead so much. So i will say Sotd for now but Hot Fuzz may well grow on me.

han_keep_smilin
06-18-2007, 10:19 PM
thre both great but i will always say hot fuzz! its my fabe film! ots great! i bought it the other day when it came out on dvd

Nicholas: [having a crackdown on underage drinkers in the pub] Oy! When's your birthday?
Underage Drinker #1: 22nd of february.
Nicholas : What year?
Underage Drinker #1: Every year!
Nicholas : Get out!

Andy Wainwright: You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
Nicholas: Like who?
Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
Nicholas: Who else?
Andy Cartwright: Farmers' mums.

Necron
06-18-2007, 10:48 PM
I love the references Hot Fuzz makes to Shaun of the Dead

''Yes, i know what the word exasperate means''. (That might be on the deleted scenes actually, i forget :P)

''What's the matter, never taken a shortcut before?''

-- (Have to add this in, although it's not in Hot Fuzz)
''But I love her!''
''Alright, gay''
Favourite Shaun quote.

cloud21zidane16
06-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Shaun of the Dead rocks!!!

Kuroshima
06-19-2007, 01:38 AM
I love both.. But I'll say Hot Fuzz. It made me laugh more.

Madame Adequate
06-19-2007, 01:39 AM
I like Shaun more, but then I'm a zombie fanboy.

yunacy
06-25-2007, 02:18 AM
shaun of the dead is better

Værn
06-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Dang it... Shaun of the Dead was on earlier and right afterwards I went to Wal*Mart... it soooo made me want to buy Dead Rising.
I'm guessing that this is how the idea for Dead Rising was conceived:

*Developer 1 turns off TV after watching Shaun of the Dead at the brainstorming session*
Developer 1: Okay, so there's the plot for the game. The entire city is turned into zombies and you need to survive until the military saves you.
Developer 2: Isn't that kind of blatant? People will know it's a rip-off right away. Besides, a bar doesn't allow a lot of room to fight of an entire city of zombies.
Developer 3: That's right. And from what I could see there was no reason for the city to turn into zombies anyways, they just kind of did...
Developer 2: GAH! A freaking bee, I'm allergic!
Developer 3: *Smacks bee* Hmmm... Bees plus a government experiment could cover that up, but in a city full of zombies I don't think they'd be too worried.
Developer 1: Well, back on the subject of the bar, maybe we could make it a Wal*Mart. That'll give more space to move around and a wider variety of weapons.
Developer 4: Wal*Mart? You know, if you're going to make it a store just make it a mall. A huge mall, about the size of one of the Zelda overworld maps. Plenty of space, and they'll never get tired of playing the game with that many stores.
Developer 2: And the military backing up the main character... isn't that kind of cliche` to have the military save the day in a freak disaster?
Developer 1: Right. We'll make him a reporter and give him a news chopper. Oh, and we'll have to get rid of the British accents. That alone could give us away.
Developer 4: Meh, why not toss in a level system? If he's a reporter he can gain experience from pictures and saving survivors.
Developer 1: Okay, then. I think that's all we need to cover at the moment, let's all get to work on concept art and get the project moving!