PDA

View Full Version : Level 65+ Camps

Del Murder
06-18-2007, 02:45 AM
Eleni (White Mage) and I (Paladin) are trying to get to 75. Since we have the hardest to find spots covered, it usually makes sense for us to form our own parties instead of searching as a set. But at this point it's hard to know where to level up at. I feel uncomfortable making a party and then asking them where we should level. I wonder if you guys who got to 75 have any tips of good spots to level up late in the game.

ScottNUMBERS
06-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Campsitarus-- The guide to FFXI xp camps. (http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/)

For the best exp always go with the Aht Urgan areas. For trying something different and perhaps to get away from crowds try somewhere else. Looking at the list though, I'd adivse you stay far away from most of the "Alternate" camps there are some very dangerous and strange ideas in those lists.

45-47 Bostaunieux Oubliette (Funnel Bat)
That is total suicide. o.0

The standard camps in that list look reasonable though, and if you're not sure click on the link and it will show exactly where to camp, screenshots, and comments etc.

Rostum
06-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Bibiki Bay isn't too bad, that's where I went until I hit 75 on my Paladin.

But I much prefered Mount Zhalom (sp?) in the Aht Urgan (sp?) areas on my Warrior. I think Lionx and I went there all the time.

Del Murder
06-19-2007, 01:59 AM
I know of that site, I was just hoping for more comments because a map with a red + doesn't really say much about how the experience is. I love the comments on that site and wish there were more.

Rostum
06-19-2007, 04:07 AM
Seriously, the crawler's in Mount Zhalom (sp?) are extremely great experience points.

Del Murder
06-19-2007, 05:30 AM
I heard their breath attack is bad, and I'm a Taru. Will level 65 Taru Pld be able to survive it?

Rostum
06-19-2007, 07:18 AM
Well, as long as you don't fight them on Firesday, you will be fine.

There was probably only one time from level 64-70 where Lionx (who was taru paladin, while I was taru warrior) had died from the flame breath.

ScottNUMBERS
06-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah, Mount Z is probably up with the best places at 65, I still like to squeeze crazy chains out on the Colibri in Bhalflau (sp?) Thickets though.

Barfira will reduce some points damage but it's damage mitigation is somewhat random, I also find that a sharp WHM is invaluable when your opponent can (literally) Incinerate you.

Miriel
06-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Don't worry Mister, I will protect you!

Del Murder
06-20-2007, 02:41 AM
I'll keep firesday in mind, and also see if I can't Rampart some of it. Can you really go all the way to 70 there?

We'll try this place next time! Which camp is the best?

Miriel
06-20-2007, 07:01 AM
It'll take us the entire summer to get to 70. o_o

Lionx
06-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Oh man, i remember those days, was fun as hell. I died! XD But it happens, sometimes i get hit for alot, sometimes alot less. I think its based on their HP.

Easiest way to get to Mount Zylom i think is to go to Halvung and Escape, and whola. Afterwards it might be a good idea to camp as close to the Lebros Cavern area as much as you could, as the more West you go, the stronger they get.

Alt: Boyada Tree vs Processionaires, and Bibiki Bay, and i forget if the Subterrene is still good..

Rostum
06-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Oh man, i remember those days, was fun as hell. I died! XD

Yes, I miss the good times. :)

eternalshiva
06-21-2007, 12:09 PM
65 I was exping in Bibiki bay and in sky off birds, now it seem Mount Z is the place to go. Old areas are always free, I suggest you go there >_>

btw, if you fight crawlers there on fire's day, they have 100 TP off the bat, they get TP gain on firesday, that's why they spam more that day >_> I hate them.