PDA

View Full Version : Maxing out sphere Grid zones on the Mi'ihen Highroad = a good idea?

Peter_20
06-18-2007, 01:10 PM
So I decided to just stick with the given SG zones for each character, and now I'm running around on the Mi'ihen Highroad.
Is it a good idea to finish off every SG zone on this road, i.e. anything that doesn't require Sphere Keys?

Tavrobel
06-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Not this early. You should be fine not levelling at all this far. Even then, you should only have amounted 10 Sphere levels at most; this is because you don't really get AP up to this point.

Little Blue
06-18-2007, 04:17 PM
No... just... no... The concept of this thread makes me want to cry... just no... Why would someone want to put themselves through that? Its... no, just no... You'll be there for years, especially with the latter parts of the grid... seriously, no... There's overlevelling and then there's this... its insane...

Don't do it! Just level up a bit if you insist on training at all, but not their whole damned grid sections...

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I tend to take this approach. when you reach a new town or city, train until you have enough money to buy all the best equipment available at that point. this keeps you ahead of the game in every sense

Nifleheim7
06-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Is this your first time in the Mi'ihen highroad?If it is,i think that you don't have to do this.
Save your time for some serious leveling much later in the gamemonster arena

Zeromus_X
06-18-2007, 08:42 PM
This is absolutely unnecessary. Wait until you can enter the monster arena and fight Don Tonberry (or a similar monster) before even thinking of power leveling.

Tabris
06-19-2007, 05:55 AM
I don't think it's doable either, as you will run out of Ability Spheres.

Sain Cai
06-19-2007, 06:08 AM
Dual Horns drop ability spheres I believe.

Also I would love for you to do it, if only to say how long it took lol. One thing for sure though, if you did accomplish this, the rest of the game is cake.

Evolavas
06-22-2007, 09:37 PM
By doing that you will be ruining your whole game experience.

rubah
06-22-2007, 09:53 PM
if you start overkilling every monster consistantly it's time to move on :|

cally777
06-23-2007, 05:55 AM
No of course you dont need to level up that much!

On the other hand, a bit of leveling up here won't hurt you. Plus if you have the ability to steal (you'd need to open a 1st level lock on the normal sphere grid) then the items could come in handy later. (eg antartic winds are often useful v fire fiends).

The thunder plains is probably the best place if you want to level early in the game though (while practicing dodging lightning). And even then don't over do it!

:choc::choc::choc:

ReloadPsi
06-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Well this is why the Extract skills are useful. Nevertheless, don't bother. What you should do, if you're wanting to level up a lot, is make sure every single character has an action in every single battle, even if it's just defending.

Mirage
06-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Just play the game... You'll have plenty of time to figure it out on your own.

Sain Cai
06-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Well this is why the Extract skills are useful. Nevertheless, don't bother. What you should do, if you're wanting to level up a lot, is make sure every single character has an action in every single battle, even if it's just defending.

IF you have the PAL version

Chocobo King
07-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Its fine to finish off their own section of the grid, and when thats done, if you want to, take em to some one else's section, so they can learn new ability's. If your like me, its better if you do that after you have at least beat the game once to take em all around other characters grid, so you have some challenge with the rest of the game. Instead of defeating bosses in like 5 hits. Lol

Mirage
07-01-2007, 12:57 AM
No, this is a horrible idea. Don't ever think of doing this. You should have activated a total of 43 nodes by the time you hit the highroad. At the end of it, you must have activated 83 nodes, or else you will die at the next boss.