PDA

View Full Version : GMail Clients

Discord
06-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Do you know any good ones?

I'm particularly interested in the contacts being synchronised and the calendar being functional, i.e. synchronisation, editing and invitations sending.

bipper
06-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Good question. I recently reinstalled Thunderbird at home, and it's connection manager had an auto setup for Gmail connections. Perhaps that would be a good place to look atm. (I am at work atm, otherwise I would check for ya). I know it doesn't look at labels properly (which are 100x better than folders imo.) Curious though, it may just have more compatibility to Gmail than I thought.

As for invitations, do you mean to gmail? Cause it is public now.

Discord
06-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Nah, I mean invitations to events through the calendar.

bipper
06-18-2007, 04:49 PM
bfish.xaedalus.net » Stay in Sync with GCal and Thunderbird. (http://bfish.xaedalus.net/?p=239)

I found this, I hope it works. God it would be cool if it did. Hope this helps, and good question btw.

bipper
06-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Just and update to this issue: I did download this plugin and tested it on my three accounts and everything seemed to work with out a hitch. So I think it may be about the perfect avenue for what you are looking for.

Discord
06-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Hmm... the invitation are a little buggy, but the rest is working alright. Thanks a bunch for the link.

Discord
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Sorry for the double post, but for those who might still be interested, Sunbird can synchronise the calendar with GCal. Just thought I'd let you know. Once again, sorry for the double post.

bipper
06-26-2007, 03:34 AM
Double posts are cool in help, if you have a useful update. But yeah, I did try sunbird at the same time, and it actually seems to work a little better for me. Thunderbird has only dropped one meeting so far. But thunderbird syncs with my phone so well.