PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE

Guitargod
06-18-2007, 06:34 PM
i have completed the first disk of FFVIII and its says please insert disk two i do this and it says wrong disk and i have tried every other disk just to make sure im reading it right and it still does not work btw im talking about the PS1 vertion

thanks in advance

Tallulah
06-18-2007, 06:43 PM
GGAAHH! I have the same problem with my Disc Four. I dropped my FFVIII box from quite a height one time whilst I was sorting out my CD drawer. Thus, I suspect scratching and the disc transition to Disc 4 has never been the same since... :cry:

The only thing I can think of is that the discs have somehow gotten dirty or damaged. Invest in some disc cleaning solution, or some repair shops/ game shops may offer a disc repairing service. Look in the Yellow Pages or similar for such a service in your locality.

One other thing, check you have the right game in. Once whilst I was playing FFVIII, I tried to change from Disc 1 to Disc 2. I must have tried a dozen times to get the disc to work, and I was absolutely sure it was disc 2. Finally I looked at the disc one more and found it was Disc 2 from Final Fantasy IX! :exdee:

So ummm... yeah... :eep:

loinharte
06-21-2007, 07:33 PM
have u tried cleaning the disc or using a scratch taker awayer thingy

hanawa
07-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Most importantly does your FFVIII discs are original?
If yes then you can always make a report and if you are lucky, they'll let you have the new one.

Hambone
07-19-2007, 10:39 AM
The same thing happens to mine, and the discs are in near mint condition. Just put disc two in when you restart your Playstation. :)

terus01
07-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Most importantly does your FFVIII discs are original?
If yes then you can always make a report and if you are lucky, they'll let you have the new one.

Even if it is not an original, you could try to exchange it to the shop (not to Square Enix, ;) )

If they insist that you cannot exchange it, next time DO NOT buy from that shop or any other shop which is HARD to EXCHANGE.:p

Believe me, it is a bitter experience if you buy from that kind of shop.:cry:

If you cannot find a shop which is easy to exchange, then... just buy the original one.:D

Namelessfengir
07-19-2007, 06:35 PM
this may work:
go find a cement wall, take out the disc and whipit at the wall. then try it

Trisdyn
07-21-2007, 05:12 AM
For the ultimate thief and the most devious.

Go to some kind of renting store and rent their FF8 (if they even have it).

Then, switch your defective discs with their discs and return it to them! Pray that they don't test it!

pspkilla
08-01-2007, 03:05 AM
Or get a PC version, and ask me for a disk 2 save. :]

Iceglow
08-01-2007, 03:38 PM
For the ultimate thief and the most devious.

Go to some kind of renting store and rent their FF8 (if they even have it).

Then, switch your defective discs with their discs and return it to them! Pray that they don't test it!

I do this sometimes, you know it's not that hard to do the hardest thing to do is often match the pen markings on them, it's not a case of them testing it either they just rent it out and get complaints that it don't work and either cut it outta their stock or just replace it.

The Last Oath
08-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Nothing is more frustratingg.