PDA

View Full Version : Midgar - on the way to reactor 5

PresidentSEARS
06-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I just mentioned this in the Aries Revival thread yesterday.
But - does anyone actually know anything about this?

Right, on the way to sector 5's reactor after you jump off the train head backward down the tunnel about 5-6 screens - at each junction just go down.
Eventually you'll reach a doorway or tunnel with a shinra guard posted either side. When you walk onto the screen you get a prompt saying something along the lines of:
Some Shinra guards,
better turn back!
If you don't turn back and persist in starting a fight you go against 3 red shinra soldiers (about 300hp ea) so not so difficult. After you defeat them you get another prompt saying something like
oh no they sounded the alarm
run.
stay and fight.
and so the circle continues - and continues and continues.
I think I played for about an hour and a bit once just continuously fighting the guards to no avail.

So, my ultimate question - anyone know what its for?
do you get anything decent from fighting them?

TheSpoonyBard
06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
They never stop coming, so if you're into powerlevelling, this is a good opportunity to do so.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
my guess is it's square's very subtle hint that you're heading in the wrong direction :D maybe it's also there to stop you getting the w-item materia until later on in the game. what yu should be asking yourself is this, why are shinra guards just stood on the train tracks :D

cloud21zidane16
06-18-2007, 08:06 PM
why are shinra guards just stood on the train tracks :D

i reckon its because AVALANCHE are blowing up the reactors, and they get to them by using trains so shinra want to stop them:D ;)

hanawa
06-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Obviously to let you gain some exps! :D
I took delight in battling & that really amused me.
Btw ive never excluded from obtaining W-Item materia though for fighting them...