PDA

View Full Version : Strangers or friends?

samboo1
06-18-2007, 08:30 PM
So reading all these advice threads on EOEO has made me wonder.
Do you prefer to tell your problems to people you have never met (like here on a forum), or do you stick to your friends?

I think there are positives to both. I think id prefer to tell strangers, because they cant judge you as much on the situation, and give you honest advice. However no matter how much detail you write your problem in, strangers never know the real situation, like a close friend would.

What do you think?

Breine
06-18-2007, 09:18 PM
It really depends on what the problem is. At times it can be really nice to have a deep conversation with your friends about stuff, but other times you - or at least I - just want to hear some random person's opinion on something... and who's more random than a stranger? That's right, no one.. well, maybe except Christmas ;)

PyroManiak
06-18-2007, 09:26 PM
I've always had an attraction to complete strangers, and sometimes when I talk to them I get sort of let down

Sergeant Hartman
06-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Friends I'd say.

licence
06-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I think strangers is sometimes easier to tell things, but friends usually have a better grasp on your overall situation.

BardTard
06-18-2007, 10:12 PM
If I have a problem I usually talk to my boyfriend and best friends about it. But we've never met in person. Either that or I rant on my blog.

licence
06-18-2007, 10:19 PM
If I have a problem I usually talk to my boyfriend and best friends about it. But we've never met in person. Either that or I rant on my blog.

Pardon me, for being confused at that. Explain?

Essência
06-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Friends I'd say.

Faris
06-18-2007, 10:37 PM
If I have a problem, I usually discuss it with a friend who I trust will not repeat the issue and who gives me good feedback.

sir helix
06-18-2007, 10:49 PM
if i have a problem i go to my best friend cus we'r closer then brothers (not trying to sound gay)

Værn
06-19-2007, 12:12 AM
if i have a problem i go to my best friend cus we'r closer then brothers (not trying to sound gay)
Don't brothers tend to fight a lot and hold grudges against each other if they get mad?

I mostly stick to talking to people on online games. If you don't know them IRL, there's just about no way that anything you tell them in a game can effect your life in reality.

loben
06-19-2007, 04:09 AM
how about friendly strangers? hmmm?:p

yanis
06-19-2007, 04:24 AM
It's the same...You can tell everything to your friends coz you know they care about you...and you can tell everything to a stranger coz you don't care!
But by telling everything to a stranger you can become friend with him!;)

Jessweeee♪
06-19-2007, 04:27 AM
It really depends on the problem...some things I'd tell to my friends, others just complete strangers.

BardTard
06-19-2007, 04:33 AM

Actually I just have really good friends online. People here suck. My boyfriend and best friend live really far away, so we've never met.

Actually I'm just crazy and I make people up that don't exist.

licence
06-19-2007, 04:06 PM

Actually I just have really good friends online. People here suck. My boyfriend and best friend live really far away, so we've never met.

Actually I'm just crazy and I make people up that don't exist.

Awww now I get it.

Loony BoB
06-19-2007, 04:07 PM
They both have their advantages depending on the situation, however more often than anything I just deal with the problem myself these days.

sir helix
06-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Don't brothers tend to fight a lot and hold grudges against each other if they get mad?

I mostly stick to talking to people on online games. If you don't know them IRL, there's just about no way that anything you tell them in a game can effect your life in reality.

wel we do fight but only wen we are bored. and if wer boredf then something is going to get broke cus we break out the swords...i believe we broke a lamp last time lol

han_keep_smilin
06-19-2007, 05:01 PM
friends. if i were you tell your friends everything.i tell my friends.

tell me im a stanger :) lol

Quindiana Jones
06-19-2007, 05:43 PM
I prefer telling strangers. Though I most prefer telling someone closer to me than a friend.

But I don't consider EoFF members strangers or friends, so I tell them nothing. Sans a few in PM. And even that's pretty subtle. I just don't like opening up to anyone, really.