PDA

View Full Version : Tekken goes online.

Dreddz
06-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Story. (http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=434)

Finally, what Ive been waiting for. A 3D fighter than I want to be playing online. Dead or Alive was alright but not really my thing. Tekken on the other hand could be my favourite 3D fighting series ever. And it going online has got be extremely excited. And this makes it even more likely than Tekken 6 will have online play too. An update for Tekken 5 Resurrection on the PS3 will have the feature applied. Dont know a release date yet but I cant friggin wait.

Jessweeee♪
06-18-2007, 09:40 PM
OMGNOWAI YEAH I LOVE TEKKEN OMGOMGOMG

I hope to God it comes on the Wii...I can't afford a PS3 T^T

Ashley Schovitz
06-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Nop no Wii it might hit 360 you know because of the new trend. I'll be glad that Namco has finally stepped up on to that field SC should be online too and revamped.

TyphoonThaReapa
06-18-2007, 11:54 PM
A'yo, it's about time son!:cool:

Markus. D
06-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Yay! Finally non-simulated Online-ness~~~

KentaRawr!
06-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Woah, complete awesomesauce! I've never really been a big Tekken guy, but I still respect Tekken as a good fighting game, and I have no trouble getting into the feel of it when I want to. I merely hope that there aren't many lag issues, as that was the worst aspect of any Online game I've played.

Markus. D
06-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Woah, complete awesomesauce! I've never really been a big Tekken guy, but I still respect Tekken as a good fighting game, and I have no trouble getting into the feel of it when I want to. I merely hope that there aren't many lag issues, as that was the worst aspect of any Online game I've played.

Unless the entire world gains free fibre whatever cables that stream the internet super ub3rically.

Lag will always be an issue :(

Fatal Impurity
06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Cool but i personally am more looking forward to Shenmue online

Maxico
06-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Shenmue online isn't going to use an offshoot of the Virtua Fighter engine like the real Shenmue games do. It uses a more traditional MMOG style combat engine, complete with magical attacks.

Ryo shoots fireballs.

It will suck.

This is awesome though.

demondude
06-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Yey now I can trash everyone with panda:D

Fatal Impurity
06-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Shenmue online isn't going to use an offshoot of the Virtua Fighter engine like the real Shenmue games do. It uses a more traditional MMOG style combat engine, complete with magical attacks.

Ryo shoots fireballs.

It will suck.

This is awesome though.

I'm quite aware of the gameplay...it still beats Tekken 5 Ultra Mega Revamped anniversary edition though :rolleyes2 :D

Maxico
06-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Then what has a generic, medicore MMORPG with a loose Shenmue theme got to do with the first good fighter going online?

Also it's not an "edition" it's a downloadable expansion.

Anyway, after hearing all this talk about frames as to why Virtua Fighter 5 has no online modes, I wonder how well this is going to play. I was under the impression that unless they increased the speed of light fighting games simply wouldn't work very well online, with the exception of DOA which isn't as strictly frame based as most fighters. Is this only noticable to competition level frame-counters or are Namco just not that worried seeing as it's a cheap download?

Rocket Edge
06-21-2007, 12:06 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally! Now I can kick 7 kinds of :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of the internet.

JKTrix
06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
IGN: Tekken 5 Online Confirmed for U.S. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/797/797769p1.html)

There have been several online fighting games already in Japan. I think all of the PS2 releases that SNK has been doing recently (King of Fighters Orochi, KOF XI, Art of Fighting, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, etc) have all been online-enabled.

Of course, it's only online in Japan, so latency is less of an issue for a small country. I assume it works well since they keep doing it. Tekken 5 online is no big deal in Japan, it will work dandily. Now that it's coming out in the US we'll really see how well it works.

Breine
06-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Brilliant. This will be awesome :cool: