PDA

View Full Version : Which server?

Darkja
06-19-2007, 12:24 PM
I've never played FFXI before, alot of my friends used to play but theyve all quit so I'll be going in alone basically.. but I'm gonna be playing it as a filler until some of my other choice MMOs are released. Can't wait to get started and see what I've missed.. :D

What are a few of the best north american servers?
By 'best' I mean high population, maturity, roleplay(?), helpfulness towards newbs.. you know.

Like in LOTRO. The server of choice would be Landroval. What's it for FFXI?
/

Markus. D
06-19-2007, 04:39 PM
n_n;;

I didn't know that they had implemented new server locales~

I think most of the people here are on Midgard.

Pick whatever name is your favorite :D

Miriel
06-19-2007, 08:23 PM
The thing is, since most of us have only been on 1 or 2 servers, so it's impossible to make any real cross-server comparisons. Every server has its share of mature players and every server has its share of n00bs and jerks. The population across servers is pretty much even too. Also, there is no specific "North American" server. Every server has a mix of American, Japanese, European, etc, players.

Del Murder and I both play on the Pandemonium server along with a few other EoFFers. It's a good server in my opinion, but honestly, I think you'll have similar gaming experiences regardless of which server you choose.

Germ Hamee
06-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Check out (http://www.ffxiah.com/data.php) the FFXI Auction House database. Not only does it have listed the number of characters in each server, it will also give you an idea of what the economy is like.

I play on Ragnarok, which used to be the most populated server. Now that place goes to Odin, while it looks like Asura has the most healthy economy. It just goes to show how quickly things change in this game. But honestly, every server is doing pretty well, so I don't think it's really going to matter which one you choose. Like Miriel said, every server has it's fair share of helpful people, but you're also going to have yourself a healthy hit list of all the players that have wronged you in one way or another.

Markus. D
06-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Whatever the case.

Fairy and Bismarck are about 30 times kinder than Phoenix.