PDA

View Full Version : Future Careers

Fonzie
06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
What do you want a career in? Dancing, acting, mopping? Also, for what reason do you seek knowledge in this career? Personal gain, or for the sake of others.

Personally, I'd like to become a Doctor, and if my hands are precise enough, a surgeon. Saving a life would give me a great feeling.

1. Become a Doctor
2. ?
3. Profit

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-19-2007, 08:54 PM
A teacher of some sort.

Nominus Experse
06-19-2007, 08:55 PM
I plan to become a technical and creative writer. However, I may decide to become a Radiologist instead.

Though, my true passion lies with art, I wish to never be paid for it, as then it will lose some of its magic to me. I say this because its easy enough for me to :skull::skull::skull::skull: out an essay, column, etc... but to tap into the surreal realm of imagination and emotion for the sake of money is not something I wish to do.

Art is incredibly personal to me, and so selling it would become... difficult.

Bunny
06-19-2007, 08:58 PM
I foresee myself in the position of a Gas Station Attendent or Supervisor of the Night Shift at a fancy hotel. Or maybe the night manager of the local McDonald's.

I want to be a World History or Geography Teacher with a possibility of becoming a Clinical Psychologist. Those dreams, however, are unlikely to happen.

Araciel
06-19-2007, 08:59 PM
i'm not sure....still...and i'm almost 25. i think writing, police work, or teaching...they're all at the top of my list and i could combine two or even all three in the future

theundeadhero
06-19-2007, 09:02 PM
i'm not sure....still...and i'm almost 25. i think writing, police work, or teaching...they're all at the top of my list and i could combine two or even all three in the futureAs well as something in the computer field, to combine my career with my hobbies.

Araciel
06-19-2007, 09:03 PM
ah tis a good idea...i would like to work in the creative end of game design...or be a voice actor...that'd be cool.

Sergeant Hartman
06-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Hustler.

Miriel
06-19-2007, 09:06 PM
My current career is photographer. Mostly wedding/portrait work. It's fine for now, but I'd love to move into more commercialized assignment work. I think if I'm still shooting weddings 10 years from now, I'll kill myself. I'll never stop loving working with children and babies though. I looove doing baby portrait shoots.

Also, one day I will own my own bakery and hopefully multiple restaurants. I'd really like to take the things I really love (like Korean BBQ or Hawaiian shaved ice) and bring it to people who have never even heard of it or tried it before.

As for my DREAM career, that would be doing something along the lines of what Rachel Ray does. Travel the world, eat great food, and get paid for it. Either that, or set photographer for major motion pictures.

Shiny
06-19-2007, 10:06 PM
I want to be a Cinematographer. Mostly, for amusement.

I Took the Red Pill
06-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Something in physics.

XxSephirothxX
06-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Journalism. Game journalism, specifically. I'm a fourth of the way there, since I'm in college. Step two is get into the Grady school of Journalism at UGA, step three is graduate, and step four is move to California and hope that my skills and the fact Grady is one of the best journalism schools in the country is enough to get me a job. :p

Rye
06-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Something in photography or music.

I Don't Need A Name
06-19-2007, 10:21 PM
well, aside from being in a band :D im thinking about Forensic Science

Kirobaito
06-19-2007, 10:22 PM
I want to be a folksinger. I'm, uh... very little of the way there, in that I've never actually performed for people before.

Zeldy
06-19-2007, 10:26 PM
I aint' got a clue. I love English Literature, and Sociology so maybe something with that.

licence
06-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Law or Politics.

escobert
06-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Farmer
My family has been dairy farmers in Vermont for a long long time. I'd like to keep the land in the family. Also I like working from home.

Ouch!
06-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Ultimately I'd like to make a living writing novels. I recognize that is a very lofty goal as many published authors don't make enough from their books to make a living from that alone.

Lately I've been considering my options. I know that I want to pursue a career somehow involved with English. I've considered getting a job at a publishing house, but lately the prospect of teaching a college level has become very appealing. Teaching has always appealed to me, but I'm not entirely sure I have the patience to deal with teenagers; I know for a fact that I would not be able to handle teaching a level below high school.

As I don't start at university for another two months, I'm postponing my judgment until I have a feel for teaching and learning in a college environment. One obvious downside I acknowledge is that it's far less likely that I'll be able to make as much of an impact (hopefully positive) on students' lives as a college professor than if I was a high school teacher. Maybe it's the closet hero worship speaking, but I look at a few of the English teachers I've had in high school and say, "I wish I could be that awesome."

Yeah. Anyway, still thinking. I'm not worried 'bout it, though.

fire_of_avalon
06-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Journalism. In two years I'll be done with school, then I can start fighting for a job. If that doesn't pan out, I'm just going to become a dirty hobo.

Discord
06-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Hustler.

:thumb:

Disco Potato
06-20-2007, 12:32 AM
I'd love to do something in sociology or psychology, and maybe write stories on the side :jess:

Spammerman
06-20-2007, 03:35 AM
Barbarian

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/bloodhunter11/roleplay.jpg

eestlinc
06-20-2007, 06:53 AM
I want to be a judge.

bipper
06-20-2007, 07:08 AM
I am a programmer atm. I hope that when I finish my game off it gets me heading into the self employment line working with video games.

Lynx
06-20-2007, 07:37 AM
future pro snowboarder for me hah i wish.

me and my brother are working on a buisness of buying fixing up and selling houses. and if that goes well then open my own skatepark.

Shlup
06-21-2007, 12:26 AM
I want to be a mommy. :}

Araciel
06-21-2007, 12:27 AM
sexist steve says: that thar ain't no jerb

Odaisé Gaelach
06-21-2007, 12:28 AM
I have no idea whatsoever... :eep:

JackNapier
06-21-2007, 12:29 AM
I'd love to become a music producer. Something within the video game business would be nice as well.

yanis
06-21-2007, 02:20 AM
I'm engineer now:(...but I like to draw and I wanted to do comics or something!

Agrias
06-21-2007, 02:23 AM
Stripper, to make old, pedophile men happy.

Mitch
06-21-2007, 03:22 AM
Chef for me. I'm already on my way to it and I plan to travel the world and learn those little secrets that make some chefs oh so popular.

Vermachtnis
06-21-2007, 03:24 AM
I'm going to be an English Teacher in a few years.

Formalhaut
06-23-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm engineer now:(...but I like to draw and I wanted to do comics or something!

Hey yanis, go with what you feel is right for you, I saw your Duck in Artpad, its great! :bigbiggri

Trust me, a engineer is not the best job in the world...:rolleyes2

You the man!

f f freak
06-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Grim Reaper. My family have been doing this job for generations. It wouldn't feel right if someone else were to take our place. Besides I like stealing things. Like life.

Dynast-Kid
06-23-2007, 02:15 AM
A video game artist. Preferably doing character designs, and location/concept art. Mostly because I love drawing, and it's something i'm good at. Nothing's better than getting paid to do what you love. I'd also like to have my hand in manga as well. I also enjoy fantays writing, and wouldn't mind a career as an author of fantasy books/graphic novels with a fantasy theme.

I'd also love to become a talk show host. THAT would be the bomb-diggidy!:jess:

Araciel
06-23-2007, 02:16 AM

you mean vomit uncontrolably?

Lachrymosa
06-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Eventually I'd like to be a novelist, since writing has been my passion since I was six. Whether or not I'll ever get there or make enough money to support myself even if I do, who knows, but I figure it's worth a shot.

Hambone
06-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Well... I'm really interested in human behaviors (espescially behaviors when under stress), I would like to write something, my writing skills are very well developed, and most importantly, cello soloist.

1. Cello Soloist
2. Guidance Counselor or Psychologist
3. Author

Rengori
06-23-2007, 09:56 AM
1. Become a Doctor Form a metal band
2. ?
3. Profit

Rase
06-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Well, in about two months I'll be off to college earning my Bachelors in English Education, so I hope to one day be an English teacher. I would prefer to do high school level, and then Honors 11th/12th grade if given a choice. As a side-career I would like to be some sort of a writer, preferably author.

darksword12
06-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Vigilante.

That or a professional translator.

Agrias
06-24-2007, 06:48 AM

you mean vomit uncontrolably?

Harsh bro....harsh...Well i bet its better than anything you've decided on...unless you decided to be a stripper too, then its pretty much the same

Wolf Kanno
06-24-2007, 08:01 AM
My dream job would be to form my own film studio (preferably animation) and use it as a springboard to develope and nurture new artistic talent. I have many ideas for stories but I'm too visual and lack any drawing skills.:cry:

I may actually get into VA or radio as many people comment on my voice being perfect for such jobs (I think they're all crazy) but I have pretty good acting skills and my voice has a pretty decent range.

My friends and family all agree I should never join politics or buisness as I am perfect for it and will only continue to make the world an unbearable place for everyone.

If none of these pan out... I guess I'll either be a drifter or a prostitute. ;)

Quindiana Jones
06-24-2007, 10:41 AM
I wun b a barrista.

10-Breaker
06-24-2007, 12:31 PM
I don't know if I have to, since me and my friends are going to make a band and I oughta be the singer. Fighter Pilot. Ofcourse thats my dream job, but I don't think I have what it takes to study like 7 years more...

Madame Adequate
06-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I want to be a baseball.

Or an author.

Or anything that makes me obscenely rich and means I can retire before I hit 30.

Quindiana Jones
06-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I want to be a baseball.

:D

Zante
06-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Something to do with computers. Web design, or game development, something like that. The reasons are that I like working with computers, that these professions don't require manual work, that I could work more or less independent and that computer work is well paid if you are good.

Shoeberto
06-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Film director.

In reality I'll probably be a programmer.

rubah
06-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Astronaut, lol.