PDA

View Full Version : Gambits slots!How many?

Nifleheim7
06-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah,i'm just curious how many gambit slots you are using for your characters?
I use only 2-4 slots for my characters...If i turn on more than 4 slots i feel that i'm not really in control and the battle becomes a mess:(

Also is there really a need later in the game to acquire more than, say 5-6 gambit slots for your characters?:confused:
If not,i can use then my precious LP to acquire other stuff in the licence Board!:)

Lawr
06-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah,i'm just curious how many gambit slots you are using for your characters?
I use only 2-4 slots for my characters...If i turn on more than 4 slots i feel that i'm not really in control and the battle becomes a mess:(

Also is there really a need later in the game to acquire more than, say 5-6 gambit slots for your characters?:confused:
If not,i can use then my precious LP to acquire other stuff in the licence Board!:)

I use all 12. You will not survive later in the game if you use less than 7 probably.

Renmiri
06-19-2007, 11:26 PM
I use all 12. You will not survive later in the game if you use less than 7 probably.

I think the key point is "later in the game". Before Archades there aren't that many decent gambits for sale anyway.

I had 4 for the longest time but after Archades I went up to 6 then by Pharos I was using all 12

ScottNUMBERS
06-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Gambits are not essential for survival at all. Up until I got tired of casting Poisona, Blinda, Esuna etc the most I used on any one Character was three slots my lowest amount of Gambits being one on a character.

Though they are not essential, they are useful. Even using the "Wait" battle system and entering all your actions manually doesn't come out on top in terms of time efficiency compared to "Active" battle system with Gambits.

I wouldn't worry about saving "precious licence points" though, since they are so easy to get. I often have more than 500 stacked on each character, I don't have much to do with them anymore. If you want to get some really fast LP without grossly overleveling your characters equip that thing that Doubles LP gained (If you have access to it - if not this is still effective) and blast through lower level enemies.

Nifleheim7
06-20-2007, 01:05 AM
If you want to get some really fast LP without grossly overleveling your characters equip that thing that Doubles LP gained (If you have access to it

I don't have access to this thing yet,but thanks for mentioning.
I think i'll stick to 4 active GS for the time being...

JonyH
06-20-2007, 11:48 PM
that thing that Doubles LP gained

The golden amulet.

I got my first one as a reward for doing the Enkelados hunt. Speak to the low-chief of the garif, it's quite an easy hunt, and available where you are too.

Xatif
06-20-2007, 11:49 PM
^^ That thing's name is Golden Amulet. Whenever I was in need of license points I did exactly what ScottNUMBERS said. Though, if I wanted to get more license points, I tried taking down Marks or Rare Game, with a third choice being the werewolves at Giza during the Dry.

EDIT: Beaten.

JonyH
06-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Just realised that I'm assuming you're only about half way through or less in the game with my previous comment. Basically it's available as soon as you go to osmone plain for the first time.

Nifleheim7
06-21-2007, 08:08 AM
Just realised that I'm assuming you're only about half way through or less in the game with my previous comment. Basically it's available as soon as you go to osmone plain for the first time.

I'm in Bhujerba now,right after the Leviathan...Something tells me that i have a long way to go before i reach osmone plains but thanks anyways:)

Hambone
06-21-2007, 08:41 AM
I've purchased all 12 slots for all of my characters but only use 3 or 4 on a regular basis. I really don't find gambits necessary, for lack of a better word. I have Ultima, I'm at level 67, and I really only use Ally: HP<40%=Curaja (or Curaga); Ally: Status=K.O.=Phoenix Down; and enemy :nearest visible=Attack.

...Does anybody have any recommendations?

JonyH
06-21-2007, 10:02 AM
My main use of gambits was simply to beat hellwyrm and yiazmat without having to watch the screen for 9 hours. I didn't want to waste my time or get bored but I wanted to beat them. So I set up a solid gambit system based on trial and error of what seemed to work (mostly involving berserk and curaja and ethers when MP<10%).

Crossblades
06-21-2007, 01:25 PM
I have all 12 gambit slots for my characters, but only my Mage characters(Penelo and Fran) have them all filled

Brennan
06-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Leader: None
Other: 1 or 2

10-Breaker
06-21-2007, 04:49 PM
I use 3 right now. Im at the end of the game playing active mode and goint to face that hell wyrm soon.
It is possible to survive without using any of gambit slots.