PDA

View Full Version : F1 Racing

Little Blue
06-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Is anyone here a fan of Formula 1 motor racing?

What are your thoughts about the season so far?

demondude
06-20-2007, 11:54 AM
I watch it every week and its been a pretty good season so far this year only because lewis hamilton is winning though:D
Its about time we had a british driver who was decent Button was rubbish:)

licence
06-20-2007, 12:16 PM
It's great. Everyone is getting carried away with Hamilton, taking nothing away from the young driver, he is in the best car on the grid and has no pressure on him to do well as Alonso has. I hope he wins the championship though.

Little Blue
06-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I generally feel sorry for Button, and for that matter, Coulthard for the usual British racers. From what I've seen, they usually have issues with with their cars that ends up forcing them to retire.

Alonso though makes me laugh though. In the Canadian grand prix when he tried to take Hamilton on the first corner, he more or less screwed himself then. The rest of the race he repeatedly messed up that corner...

I'm quite impressed with Hamilton so far, though he has got plenty of experience behind him so, and while he's fresh to the F1 scene, he's not all that wet behind the ears in terms of racing in general. I hope he keeps it up.

MJN SEIFER
06-25-2007, 03:18 PM
I love F1. I watch it whenever it's on, Don't have a particualr favourite racer at the moment, I used to but he doesn't race anymore...

Discord
06-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I find it incredibly dull. Only golf beats F1 in that regard.

licence
06-25-2007, 03:29 PM
I find therre are many more boring sports, sailing bores me no end.

Discord
06-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Not a reason to watch another boring one though.:p

Nah, I just don't like it. I guess that if you know a bit more about it, it turns out to be quite a bit more interesting.

licence
06-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah, a lot of my friends and relatives just dismiss it, they see it as a rich man's sport.