PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Did the developers stop making Silent Hill games? Because I haven't seen or heard anything from that franchise in a while.

McLovin'
06-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Is the games story like the movies or not?

Maxico
06-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Silent Hill 5 has been confirmed and Silent Hill: Origins is out for the PSP in a few months, and it looks pretty awesome.

Slothy
06-21-2007, 03:07 AM
It's only been two and a half years since SH4. Some series go far longer in between instalments. Maxico nailed it though.

LunarWeaver
06-21-2007, 03:11 AM
The only news on Silent Hill 5 is that they're supposedly doing a lot with it, and one producer said "It's a great time be a Silent Hill fan!"

That most likely means they're upping the action and ditching the camera angles in the wake of Resident Evil 4's popularity. That's nothing but my own personal guess, of course, but I actually hope that's the case.

Mr.SimpleandClean
06-21-2007, 07:11 AM
That game was to much, i had to play it on mute....with Beyonce music playin in the background just so i wouldnt jump...or get scared

Nifleheim7
06-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Did the developers stop making Silent Hill games?
Do you actually believe that this will ever happen?Silent Hill is one of the biggest franchises in video games,it would have been very stupid for Konami to stop making them.
I'm not very thrilled with Origins (by the looks of it) but i'm really looking forward for SH5!Too bad that there's too little information about it.

Lachrymosa
06-21-2007, 12:10 PM
That most likely means they're upping the action and ditching the camera angles in the wake of Resident Evil 4's popularity. That's nothing but my own personal guess, of course, but I actually hope that's the case.

I'm sure it would anger a lot of the long-time fans, but I think that would be awesome. Maybe then I'd actually be able to get into the games more...I've tried playing both SH2 and SH3, but neither one of them appealed to me much. I liked the atmosphere, but they're a little too...slow, I guess. The movie's amazing, though.

Levian
06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Been waiting for the 5th for a long time now! Luckily there's Zelda, Resident Evil and Final Fantasy to keep me occupied in the meantime. There' also another Alone in the Dark game coming up. :up:

Dreddz
06-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Konami have said that they want to do another Silent Hill but it hasnt been confirmed yet.

Origins is set to be released on the 6th of August state side. Looks great so far.

There isnt alot of decent survival horrors confirmed for release anytime soon which is lame. Resident Evil 5 will probably stray further away from its survival horror roots, not to say it'll be a bad game.

There needs to be another Clock Tower.

Maxico
06-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Konami have said that they want to do another Silent Hill but it hasnt been confirmed yet.

News - Silent Hill 5 coming to next gen // None /// Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56340)

Konami: Akira Yamaoka Talks Silent Hill 5 - Kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/konami/akira-yamaoka-talks-silent-hill-5-223716.php)

It's been confirmed for a good while now.