PDA

View Full Version : Dead Or Alive

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-21-2007, 02:35 AM
apparently the movie has been out for awhile or something, anyone see it yet?

Jebus
06-21-2007, 02:40 AM
They made a movie?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-21-2007, 02:42 AM
yea, i just checked the box office they only made $260,713 on the opening weekend..... thats gotta be the worst opening weekend ive ever seen :p

Odaisé Gaelach
06-21-2007, 02:45 AM
Yeah, I saw it. It made me want to gouge my throat out with my own fingers.

Necron
06-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Yah, i seen a load of advertisements for it while it was in the cinemas (I live in the UK). The movie with Holly Valance and her from My Name is Earl in it (Joy) right?

Nifleheim7
06-21-2007, 11:05 AM
I saw it...
It had some nice babes.
The end.
:mog:

Breine
06-21-2007, 02:44 PM
I saw it...
It had some nice babes.
The end.
:mog:

Will officially be the only reason for me to see this movie. At some point.. maybe.

Agent Proto
06-21-2007, 03:20 PM
What? It's out in theatres? I didn't know that, I thought it was out on DVD. I guess I watched a bootleg of the movie. :X

It was an okay movie, just has a dumb plot.

edczxcvbnm
06-21-2007, 03:29 PM
It was an okay movie, just has a dumb plot.

It isn't like the games had much of a plot to begin with.

I will see this when it comes out on video. It should be a pretty good laugh...or so I hope.

Ashley Schovitz
06-21-2007, 08:25 PM
I thought this comes out in theaters next month. Yahoo says so.

Tallulah
06-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh, no, it was out quite a while ago, late last year, I think (I went to see it with my then boyfriend), thus I think it should be available to buy on DVD in the US now; it's been out on DVD here for quite a while now...

Check your bargain bin, it's that bad. :mad2:

Ashley Schovitz
06-21-2007, 08:40 PM
this says it's just came out this month DOA: Dead or Alive (2007) - Movie Info - Yahoo! Movies (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809264275/info) and this .: Great Escape Theatres :. (http://www.greatescapetheatres.com/movie.asp?q_movieid=573)

Elly
06-21-2007, 09:17 PM
i was interested, untill i saw the costuming, my gawd they messed that up, i mean Kasimi weraing pants WTF???

SnoopyG
06-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Devon Aoki should be the only reason to see this movie

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
yea, i just checked the box office they only made $260,713 on the opening weekend..... thats gotta be the worst opening weekend ive ever seen :p

ive seen worse! Try $30 for a movie called 'xzzy's road' not sure if the spellings right but yeah...earned 30 bucks on its opening weekend lol!

As for the movie itself...havent seen it but it should be up there with Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat lol!

Markus. D
06-22-2007, 01:19 PM
I liked some unique elements of the Action Choreography and the atmosphere of some of the arenas and such.

Story sucks. ;_;

Slothy
06-22-2007, 02:33 PM
As for the movie itself...havent seen it but it should be up there with Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat lol!

Hey now; at least Mortal Kombat was fairly entertaining and largely true to the source material.

Anyway, is anyone surprised that a game that is nothing more than a lame excuse to have anime style women's boobs bounce a lot (why else would anyone play these games with far better fighters like Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, etc.?) makes a bad movie?

BatChao
06-25-2007, 08:15 AM
This movie was released basically everywhere except the US last year. It just opened in US theaters (limited) on June 15.

Anyway, I've been really excited for this movie ever since I first saw the trailer two years ago. I finally got to see it this weekend (had to go out of my way to see it since no local theaters were showing it) and it was freakin' AWESOME!!!!!! The fights were cool and the babes were hot. These are the only reasons to watch this movie and the best part is that the filmmakers knew this so they exploit it every chance they get. It is because of this that I love this movie so much - it keeps intact the spirit of the games. Namely, good fun, but not much filling. But that's the only reason I watch movies - to be entertained and have fun. So this movie succeeds on all accounts!! Why would anyone play DOA over more technical and all around better fighters? Because it's fast, it's fun, it's pretty, and it's easy to get into. This also applies to the movie. The thing is so ridiculous and I loved every second of it. You gotta give credit to the people who decided to match the outfits of the characters in the movie to the characters in the game. I loved just picking out the random DOA references that are strewn across the entire thing.

It's a shame nobody wants to give this movie a chance - it'll probably be out of theaters by next week. They should have actually promoted and run this movie way more. If they actually promoted it like it was the $20 million+ movie it is, and given it a wide release last year, and set it up against smaller movies (they released it against F4:RotSS..?!), it probably would have been able to perform MUCH better.

This is by far the best movie I've seen all year. No, I'm not being sarcastic... well... TMNT is pretty high up there too. As far as I'm concerned, the only way they could have made it better was to:
a) Add in more girls in bikinis
b) Put in Hitomi (you gets nothing more than a brief glimpse at her name on a scoreboard... though the Helena of the movie basically acts like Hitomi).
c) Actually have the actors use moves from the games when they fight.
d) Have Hayabusa do some of the ridiculous crap he does in Ninja Gaiden (Izuna drop!!!!)

All in all... Thumbs up... WAAAAY UP!