PDA

View Full Version : On the third tone, it will be exactly 6:45 AM.

rubah
06-21-2007, 04:22 AM
I was reading one of the books in that Han Solo trilogy by A.C. Crispin and was struck by a passage where Han could set his internal clock to wake him up at whatever time he desired.

During the past school year, and the ones before that, I would find myself waking up about five minutes or so before my mom would come in to wake me up. Consistantly.

This morning, I had originally intended to get up about 7 to take my car in to get new tires put on, but changed it to 8, had an alarm set for 8:00.

Not only did I wake up at 6:45, but also at 7:55

Can anyone else use themselves as a personal alarm clock? (I still plan on taking one to college)

Fonzie
06-21-2007, 04:34 AM
It really depends how much sleep I get during those hours I'm asleep to make sure my internal clock works at the time I desire.

escobert
06-21-2007, 04:54 AM
Yeah if I have a good night sleep I will wake up a few minutes before hand. otherwise no.

oddler
06-21-2007, 05:00 AM
Yep. I usually wake up 5-10 minutes before my alarm is set to go off. The only time I don't is when I'm totally exhausted before I go to sleep.

Yamaneko
06-21-2007, 05:30 AM
You were reading a Star Wars book?

fire_of_avalon
06-21-2007, 05:50 AM
If I've had an adequate amount of sleep, I do that. If I haven't, I'll just keep on sleepin' on.

I've set my alarm for 8:00AM. I expect I'll wake myself up between 7:48 and 7:57 AM.

eestlinc
06-21-2007, 05:55 AM
that's what I was thinking.

McLovin'
06-21-2007, 05:56 AM
There are books about Han Solo? Was Chewbacca in them?

Xaven
06-21-2007, 07:29 AM
I do that at times, yes. Silly alarm clock. As of mid April though, I've been staying up 'till 0200 every night, so my alarm has to force me out of bed. :P

There are books about Han Solo? Was Chewbacca in them?
Oh that'd be cute.

Nominus Experse
06-21-2007, 08:28 AM
I am usually already awake by the time morning arrives, so it's difficult for me to say. However, when I do sleep, it seems as though I wake a few minutes before my alarm raises its call. I have never really tried seeing if I actually can "set" an internal alarm clock, though.

I may try tonight.

Cz
06-21-2007, 08:39 AM
My body is a very crappy alarm clock, in that I can't adjust the time it goes off. It seems to recognise the time when I usually get woken for school in the mornings, and wakes me up at more or less the right time every day. Unfortunately it doesn't recognise weekends or holidays, so I often wake up at 7:30 on days where I could safely sleep until about 11:00. That's why I'm on here right now, in fact.

Hambone
06-21-2007, 08:43 AM

Wait a minute, she was reading? :eek:

No. My personal alarm clock sucks.

rubah
06-21-2007, 09:13 AM
I wasnt' reading it lately, I was just thinking about sleep lately. The reading occured about five or six years ago.

They're a very good trilogy. I'm not sure when Chewie comes into play, but they feature Han's early life, and some small jobs before he joins the imperial academy and also after.

Markus. D
06-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Depends if I am working the next day ^^

theundeadhero
06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
I can set my internal alarm clock and rely on it to wake me up at any time, not just whatever time I usually just wake up in the morning. I don't though because taking the chance of being late is a bad thing for me to do.

Rengori
06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
No, I can't use my internal clock for :skull::skull::skull::skull:. Not unless I need to wake up at 1 or 2 PM.

Lachrymosa
06-21-2007, 11:22 AM
If I have an internal alarm clock, I think it's broken. I love sleep...I'll seriously sleep for 10-12 hours most nights if I let myself.

Bunny
06-21-2007, 12:14 PM

that's what I was thinking.

Wait a minute, she was reading? :eek:

I was reading one of the books in that Han Solo trilogy by A.C. Crispin and was struck by a passage where Han could set his internal clock to wake him up at whatever time he desired.

During the past school year, and the ones before that, I would find myself waking up about five minutes or so before my mom would come in to wake me up. Consistantly.

This morning, I had originally intended to get up about 7 to take my car in to get new tires put on, but changed it to 8, had an alarm set for 8:00.

Not only did I wake up at 6:45, but also at 7:55

Can anyone else use themselves as a personal alarm clock? (I still plan on taking one to college)

You guys are all focused on the wrong thing. She was struck by a passage! I think she needs to seek medical help. Are you okay, rubah? How many fingers am I holding up?

I'm usually awake or half-awake by the time my alarm goes off. It has been that way for several years.

Quindiana Jones
06-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Yup. Every morning (unless I have been exceptionally fatigued earlier), I wake up and 6.25. Except on Saturday mornings, when I always wake up between 11.00 and 11.15.

Namelessfengir
06-21-2007, 04:40 PM
chewie comes in during the second book. at first han doesn't want him around but chewie grows on him. the third book gives us the reason for landos anger during empires.

XxSephirothxX
06-21-2007, 04:49 PM
I haven't read those since middle school. Good stuff. :p

For pretty much my whole life I've been able to wake up before my intended get-up time, whether that came about from one of my parents waking me up or an alarm going off. I'm not sure how much of that is due to having a good internal alarm and how much is simply due to being paranoid about oversleeping and being late. I normally got up for school around 6:25, and was almost always awake 5-10 minutes before that.

Brennan
06-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Yep. I usually wake up 5-10 minutes before my alarm is set to go off. The only time I don't is when I'm totally exhausted before I go to sleep.