PDA

View Full Version : Little problem here...

Dr. Acula
06-21-2007, 05:54 AM
I'm busy trying to get Anima right now, but there's a teeny-weeny bit of a problem...
When I decided to go get the destruction treasure out of Besaid Temple, I found a lovely little friend of mine called Dark Valefor outside Besaid. Then I decided to go get the one in Macalania Temple instead. To my surprise, another friend of mine, Dark Shiva, decided to stand outside the temple and attack me for no reason.:D
To get inside the temple and get destruction treasures, do I have to kill these guys?
I have the PAL version, if it helps.

McLovin'
06-21-2007, 05:57 AM
I don't have this version but I assume you do and I have heard that they are hard.

rubah
06-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Yes you have to kill them. And yes sadly there are more.

Um, celestial weapons? :D

Hambone
06-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Yup. Man I'm jealous. I want to fight the dark aeons but I don't have FFX Int!

Dr. Acula
06-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Hmm... damn... I think I can beat Dark Valefor, but it's my buddy Dark Shiva I'll have a problem with...
Maybe I just won't get Anima and just go finish the game. I'm such a quitter.:D

Nifleheim7
06-21-2007, 10:58 AM
I think you have 3 choices:
1.Go to the monsters arena,do the don tonberry trick for some serious and quick level up,and get the celestial weapons.
2.Zanmato.
3.Forget Anima.

Sword
06-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Anima is by far the best Aeon in the game. Luckily the only one I missed was the one in Besaid so I beat Dark Valefor easy enough. If you want to have a chance with Dark Shiva You'll need the celestial weapons and Wakka's attack reels (try and get 12 hits every time). The Quick Hit skill may came in handy too. OH! Also: I think Dark Shiva can inflict death i think that can penetrate Deathproof. Ribbon is the only way to avoid that. Although I'm not sure about the ribbon thing, it was so long ago, it may be able to penetrate that too.

Firo Volondé
06-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Short answer, yes. Though you can just kill them with Zanmato easily enough.

Hambone
06-22-2007, 04:12 AM
Anima is by far the best Aeon in the game. Luckily the only one I missed was the one in Besaid so I beat Dark Valefor easy enough. If you want to have a chance with Dark Shiva You'll need the celestial weapons and Wakka's attack reels (try and get 12 hits every time). The Quick Hit skill may came in handy too. OH! Also: I think Dark Shiva can inflict death i think that can penetrate Deathproof. Ribbon is the only way to avoid that. Although I'm not sure about the ribbon thing, it was so long ago, it may be able to penetrate that too.

Most awesome: Yes
Best: Heck no. It's really just like Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion, &co., but the Magus Sisters are really the best. Mindy, is the best single aeon to be exact.

Jessweeee♪
06-22-2007, 05:04 AM
I WANNA FIGHT DARK AEONS AND USE THIS "ADVANCED SPHERE GRID."

Why don't we get them? Does Square hate us?

Nifleheim7
06-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Does Square hate us?

Yes,they hate you so much that they released FFXII 6 months before the Euro release...;)

Hellrazer666
06-22-2007, 11:57 AM
I had same probably with Besaid, but just use the 'cheat' way! Play Yojimbo about 1 000 000 :D and hopfully he will do Zanmato OR You could do hard way! Get all celestial weps and powered and then max out your stats and beat them ^_^

Dr. Acula
06-23-2007, 01:47 AM
Dark Shiva won't let me get a hit in. Should I equip people (preferably Yuna) with first hit weapons?

f f freak
06-23-2007, 01:50 AM
I done the same as you. Beat Valefor pretty easily but I had to use Zanmato on Shiva.

Dr. Acula
06-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Dark Shiva is horrible to kill. I equiped Yuna with a First Strike weapon so she could summon Yojimbo before Dark Shiva killed us all. But I tried about six times and not once did Yojimbo use Zanmato. It was then I realised I didn't have enough Gil.:eep:

Off-topic: Could anyone tell me how to get the Celestial Mirror? I have the cloudy mirror, but I don't know how to turn it into the Celestial one. I sincerely hope I don't have to do that butterfly quest, I'm REALLY not good at that.

Firo Volondé
06-24-2007, 08:55 AM
From GameFAQs.

To de-fog and charge your newly acquired magic mirror, talk to the mother and
son at the entrance of Macalania Woods. Find the father at the campsite,
speak to him, and he'll run off to be reunited with his family. Go back to the
entrance and speak with the mother and father again, and keep talking to them
until they mention their missing son. This may take 3 or 4 tries. After they
mention their son, head up the sparkly path to their left into the trees. Bear
north at the first fork, where the son should allow you passage if you talked
to his parents enough times. Show the Cloudy Mirror to the large ambrosia
salad-looking plant, who'll turn it into the Celestial Mirror. If there's a
woman blocking the path instead of the son, either a) you're not far enough
in the game yet, or b) you didn't talk to the parents enough times. With the
Celestial Mirror, you can now open chests and detonate the mandalas
protecting your ultimate weapons.

10-Breaker
06-24-2007, 09:30 AM
About the Ribbon. It protects you from every else status, but not death. You need to build up your defensive stats so it has less chance of working. Since you are going after Celestials I tell you that Kimahri's is the hardest and Lu's takes a long time.

Big D
06-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Yojimbo uses Zanmato much more willingly if you fill his Overdrive gauge before the fight. Grand Summon is the easiest way to get him into the battle like that; sometimes he'll use Zanmato automatically without being paid, and sometimes it'll only take a few thousand Gil.
So, my simple solution to Dark Aeon problems: Fill Yuna's Overdrive gauge, make sure someone in the battle has a First Strike weapon (preferably Yuna, but it's not essential), and on your first turn have Yuna Grand Summon Yojimbo. If Yuna doesn't personally have First Strike, simply have her trade places with the one who does.

Jessweeee♪
06-24-2007, 02:11 PM
I cheated once to get lots and lots a gil and when I paid Yojimbo a ton he used a really wimpy attack :mad2:

Hambone
06-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Use him more. The more you use him, the cheaper Zanmato gets.

Big D
06-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Use him more. The more you use him, the cheaper Zanmato gets.It's small wonder the writers at Videogame Recaps prefer to call him "Hojimbo"...