PDA

View Full Version : jobs

killswitch36
06-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums.

I bought Final Fantasy III On Tuesday, and I'm already addicted to it, I've just defeated Gutsco's Salamander. And now heading towards Tozus. That guy was hard to defeat though, I was trying for a long time, but got my levels up higher so i could do it easier.

What jobs do each of your characters have?

I have my Luneth as a white mage
Arc as a black mage
Refia as a red mage
And Ingus as a warrior.

Namelessfengir
06-21-2007, 04:28 PM
sorry lil valentine but i have never played this game don't even own a ds

Crossblades
06-21-2007, 06:13 PM
I beat the game couple of weeks ago. Here was my steup after gaining my first set of jobs:

Luneth - Warrior
Arc - Black Mage
Refia - White Mage
Ingus - Monk

2nd setup after gaining the second set of jobs:

Luneth - Knight
Arc - Black Mage
Refia - White Mage & Scholar(I only used Scholar for the Hein fight)
Ingus - Monk

After getting the 3rd set:

Luneth - Dark Knight
Arc - Black Mage & Evoker(i alternate between the two)
Refia - White Mage
Ingus - Dragoon

And after getting getting the final set of jobs:

Luneth - Ninja
Arc - Magus & Summoner(i alternate between the two)
Refia - Devout
Ingus - Dragoon

Markus. D
06-22-2007, 01:26 PM
I reckon Dragoons are way way awesome in this game.

They get powerhoused very very early on.

My Final Setup~
Luneth - Dragoon
Refia - Bard
Arc - Bard
Ingus - Viking

Crossblades
06-22-2007, 03:40 PM
I reckon Dragoons are way way awesome in this game.

They get powerhoused very very early on.

Agreed. I didn't have my strongest Lances and my Dragoon was still doing 9999 points of damage. Perhaps it's because I made him dual wield as well.

Shiva_
06-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I started playing the game a lot few days back and have really gotten into it. I had the game for a while but haven't really gotten around to playing it much until now.

After getting first set of jobs:

Luneth -> Thief
Arc -> White Mage
Relia -> Black Mage
Ingus -> Warrior

*I temporarily had Luneth as a Red Mage when I was going through areas where I had to have my guys in "mini" status.

After getting second set of jobs:

Luneth -> Thief
Arc -> White Mage
Refia -> Black Mage
Ingus -> Knight

*I put Refia as a Scholar for the Hein battle and then put her back as a Black Mage after that.

I just got my third set of jobs, and I'm not yet sure what I want my guys to be now.

Markus. D
06-28-2007, 01:17 AM
In the second Mini Dungeon I just ran through and yeah :]...

Elpizo
06-28-2007, 09:23 AM
I had my Luneth as a Thief the entire game until I got to Fargabaad with the Invincible so I could buy Dark Knight equipment. By that time he already was job lv 99. Thiefs rock AND they can steal the Gugnir, to make Dragoons pwnage. After that I made my Luneth a Dark Knight and he rocked with Ragnarok and Masamune.

Arc was black mage the entire game, until I got Sage and changed him in that, giving him the most important White Magic (all cures, haste and Arise) filling the rest with Black Magic. He was a very good support.

Refia was white mage and after that Devout. Cute and lovable.

Ingus Warrior, then Knight until the end of the game. He was quiet strong, with Excalibur + Ultima Weapon + Haste.

Now I'm replaying a bit and try out more jobs. I also restarted the original NES version and I'm planning to NOT use Ninjas and Sages during this playthrough. That means grinding. =)

Zeromus_X
06-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Dragoons are probably the best way to break the damage limit and get the maximum damage record, what with Jump and elemental lances' crazy multipliers (DS version of course).

My end-game party consisted of Refia (Knight), Luneth (Sage), Ingus (Ninja), and Arc (Devout, White Mage Kitty power, etc.). Next time I want to try out Vikings and Bards (power buffs), and more than likely a Dragoon. I don't know if I'll steal the Gungnir though since that apparently requires a very high Thief job level.

Elpizo
06-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't know if I'll steal the Gungnir though since that apparently requires a very high Thief job level.

Thiefs level up job levels fast, though (I already had one job level 73 when reaching Saronia) and the yare quite powerful to use, even after you get the third Crystal's jobs. At least, in my experience. Certainly in the beginning of the game they are fast powerhouses. And they can steal Phoenix Downs. Thiefs never have been as useful in a FF game before as in FF III DS, I find. =)

Gungnir requires a lv 73 Thief job level.

Clawsze
07-08-2007, 03:47 PM
1st part
Luneth=Warrior
Arc=Red Mage
Refia=Black Mage
Ingus=Thief

2nd:
Luneth=Knight
Arc=RM(Scholer for Hein fight)
Refia-BM
Ingus=Theif/Ranger(Alternate)

3rd:
Luneth: Viking
Arc: RM/Evoker(swapped half way through)
Refia: BM
Ingus: Dragoon

4th:
Luneth: Viking
Arc: Sage
Refia: Magus
Ingus: Dragoon/Ninja

Hazzard
07-08-2007, 06:32 PM
1st phase:

Luneth - Red Mage
Ingus - Warrior
Arc - Monk
Refia - White Mage

I haven't reached the fourth phase yet, and my characters are level 39 and I'm at the part where you gotta wake up Unei.

2nd Phase:

Luneth - Red Mage
Ingus - Knight
Arc - Monk
Refia - White Mage/Scholar (Hein battle)

3rd Phase:

Luneth - Red Mage
Ingus - Dark Knight
Arc - Dragoon
Refia - White Mage

Clawsze
07-08-2007, 06:40 PM
I've woken Unei and I'm up to the part where you have to beat Doga and Unei....but I got the Earth Cystral First to make it easier....All of mine are 38 except Ignus, he's 40(survived Titan and all other bosses)
I've got Bahamut and Odin....Levithen is TEH PWNAGE...at hurting me with Tsunami at least.

Hazzard
07-08-2007, 06:56 PM
lol, I must overlevel then and thanks for spoiling it for me, Clawze. Now I've just realized that Unei and Doga are bad...Where do you enjoy to level up? I love doing it underwater or in the place where you fight Odin.

Clawsze
07-08-2007, 07:22 PM
lol, I must overlevel then and thanks for spoiling it for me, Clawze. Now I've just realized that Unei and Doga are bad...Where do you enjoy to level up? I love doing it underwater or in the place where you fight Odin.

Actually, I never said WHY you fight them.....also, Bahamut's nest.
1. Fairly easy battles.
2. Mondo EXP.

Hazzard
07-08-2007, 07:24 PM

Actually, I never said WHY you fight them.....also, Bahamut's nest.
1. Fairly easy battles.
2. Mondo EXP.

Hmmm, if the EXP is targetted at around 4000, then we're talking, because I've seen better if lower than that.

The battle is obviously some test then, or they're being controlled and I can tell you kill them in the end or something. I'm too perceptive.

Clawsze
07-08-2007, 07:40 PM
The EXP for the majority in Bahamut's nest is 5700 exactly.

Hazzard
07-08-2007, 08:41 PM
The EXP for the majority in Bahamut's nest is 5700 exactly.

Amazing, I can't wait to level up to lvl 50. Once my DS is charged.

smily face
07-22-2007, 04:58 AM
this was mine
luneth warrior
arc red mage
refia black mage
ingus monk