PDA

View Full Version : Single cait sith challenge :)

demondude
06-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Hello and welcome to my

~SINGLE CAIT SITH CHALLENGE~

Yes you can think wtf this is crazy but i will do it i also plan to defeat all the weapons;)

Until i get cait sith it will be a solo cloud i'll update when i get far enough:D

cloud21zidane16
06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
ive done a solo tifa challenge and it was actually quite easy:)
good luck in your challenge;)

MJN SEIFER
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Yes, a real chalange using the second most useful character in the game.

cloud21zidane16
06-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Yes, a real chalange using the second most useful character in the game.

a challenge is a challenge, dont knock it till youve tried it:rolleyes2

demondude
06-21-2007, 07:17 PM
How is cait sith the second most useful in the game

I'm starting it tomorrow so if anyone has any suggestions tell me but it has to include cait sith:)

jammi567
06-21-2007, 07:58 PM
I think they mean about using Tifa solo.

Ummm, never use the slot limit break thing, as it's too random.

demondude
06-21-2007, 08:01 PM

Lol woops:rolleyes2

Sure i'm gonna try and keep his level under 40 for the story and 60 for the weapons:)

cloud21zidane16
06-21-2007, 08:50 PM
do you want tips on making it easier or harder?

alos MJN SEIFER how is tifa the second most useful? theres not much difference in charcters at all

leader of mortals
06-21-2007, 11:42 PM
umm, no. I think this is way too simple(yes i actually do). You need to not have a level limit, but you cant use KotR. That will make it easy enough to win, but hard enough for an actual challenge.

Zeromus_X
06-22-2007, 02:37 AM
Good luck! This is a very fun challenge, and it'll definitely give you some more ideas on what to play with Cait Sith.

When I did my challenge, I tried to not use any summons, although I did give in and use Bahamut a few times. I think the hardest part is leveling up Cloud's Limits in the beginning to beat Reno. :p

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-22-2007, 09:14 AM
i think no summons sounds like a good idea. also cloud21zidane16, there is a diffference between the characters. some of them have a lower defense but high magic so should be on the back row with ur materia, while other have stronger strength and defense but low magic. if you imagine that it was operated on a job system (i know it isn't but just go with it) i think it would be sort of like this

cloud - a little hard to class as he is pretty high in all the stats
barret - warrior (high str and def, low magic)
tifa - thief (high eva, medium strength and magic)
aeris- mage (low str, v.high magic)
Red XIII - red mage (high-ish strength and def, medium magic)
yuffie - thief (as tifa)
cait sith - mage (as aeris)
vincent - red mage (as Red XIII)
cid - warrior (as barret)

does anyone disagree? (i think i'm subtly changing the subject of the thread, oops! :D)

i_like_ff8
06-22-2007, 11:44 AM
statistics between characters never made a difference in the difficulty of the game

MistaCloudStrife
06-22-2007, 01:08 PM
The stats are usually randomized by a couple points. Stats can be altered through materia use though. Basically everyone is the same. What makes them different is the weapons they use and their limit breaks.

Want a real challenge i say use any one character, keep their first weapon equiped, don't use limits and don't equip materia. Should be challenging and the use of no materia equipped can help give a high HP by the end of the game, so you could consider that a reward, i guess. More use of item magics and such would also give you a different type of fighting experience.

demondude
06-22-2007, 06:57 PM
I can't exceed level 40 once i get to that level i'll use my gameshark to not let cait sith gain any more levels:)

I've just got out of midgar so far it has been easy with cloud the only hard thing so far is passing the plains down the the chocobo ranch.

Tips would be apprieciated:)

Carl the Llama
06-23-2007, 02:44 PM
What boss are you up to now?

I would strongly advise you get Matra Magic: its very useful early on in the game, as it attacks all and normally kills them in 1 hit.

Aerisfanatic
06-23-2007, 03:02 PM
i think no summons sounds like a good idea. also cloud21zidane16, there is a diffference between the characters. some of them have a lower defense but high magic so should be on the back row with ur materia, while other have stronger strength and defense but low magic. if you imagine that it was operated on a job system (i know it isn't but just go with it) i think it would be sort of like this

cloud - fighter a little hard to class as he is pretty high in all the stats
barret - gunner (high str and def, low magic)
tifa - monk (high eva, medium strength and magic)
Red XIII - berserker/beast (high-ish strength and def, medium magic)
yuffie - ninja (as tifa)
cait sith - gambler (as aeris)
vincent - gunner (as Red XIII)
cid - dragoon (as barret)

does anyone disagree? (i think i'm subtly changing the subject of the thread, oops! :D)
you might have to change your stats a bit.

demondude
06-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Okay i got through the mythril mines but now i'm having rouble with bottomswell because of its stupid bigwave and water polo attacks any hints?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-23-2007, 08:08 PM
gi back into mythril mines and obtain all ur limits for cloud, with metorain it will be a piece of cake. enter the mines then go into the screen in the distance of the firstr screen. here, enemies will appear in 4 and 5's making killing vast numbers easy, and the ark dragons flame thrower is good for filling ur limit bar. enter battle against bottomswell with a full limit bar and victory is urs

Firo Volondé
06-24-2007, 04:54 PM

yuffie - ninja (as tifa)

No, unlike other games, your weapon has no effect whatsoever on your fighting style. All the characters are built more or less exactly the same, their 'classes' are determined by what materia they have equipped. Even their limit breaks are almost exactly the same, at least from Disc 2 onwards; the only character with any real variation in their limits can't be used after the first disc.

MJN SEIFER
06-25-2007, 03:20 PM

No I meant Cait.

cloud21zidane16
06-25-2007, 04:28 PM

No I meant Cait.

oh! i thought you ment the tifa challenge too, so how is caith sith the second most useful character?:confused:

MJN SEIFER
06-25-2007, 06:57 PM
His stats are quite advanced pysically, at least in my game plus his slot contains really cool and damaging techniques, and it's fun to do aswell. He also tends to be disinclined towards most status effects, however I may have just trained him against them.

demondude
06-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Like I said i'm trying to keep his level under 20
And I am currently fighting bottomswell ill update later :)

squiike
06-25-2007, 10:02 PM
tell me how this goes...or how you manage to beat that flying insect boss..cause thats where i stopped aswell! :mad:

wanna keep on playing...was much more fun wth a challenge

"i remember a similar thread:

i started out playing through without changing weapons, using items, materia, and the only way to heal is in-the-story heals or limit breakes

i have started to use items, but just those you find(not buying) because the motorcycle chase boss and the fly in junon is impossible without items(i had to buy grenades btw)"

f f freak
06-25-2007, 10:10 PM

yuffie - ninja (as tifa)

The jobs were fine as they were before. As Firo said it is based on stats and not weapon.

Goldenboko
06-25-2007, 11:19 PM
I think Zeromus_X did one of these.

Zeromus_X
06-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Good luck! This is a very fun challenge, and it'll definitely give you some more ideas on what to play with Cait Sith.

When I did my challenge, I tried to not use any summons, although I did give in and use Bahamut a few times. I think the hardest part is leveling up Cloud's Limits in the beginning to beat Reno. :p

Although I don't believe I ever finished it. I think that was when Valkyrie Profile 2 came out. I should try loading up that save file...

aeris#1fan
06-27-2007, 08:32 PM
do the Aeris alone challenge......

f f freak
06-27-2007, 08:38 PM
do the Aeris alone challenge......

Been there done that. It's pathetically easy. I didn't use Great Gospel either. I only used level 1 and level 2 limit breaks.

grim07
06-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I havent done any challenge yet, I usually go on Gamefaqs and look at the challenges there.

I only beat VII one time, so Im playin through again to get everything.

hanawa
07-19-2007, 05:31 AM
You guys sure have a lot of time...

Firo Volondé
07-19-2007, 02:50 PM
... true, but we don't have time to revive deceased threads. :(