PDA

View Full Version : Krelian and Seymour (spoilers)

Big Brother
06-21-2007, 06:50 PM
I noticed quite a few similarities between the two

They both had very tragic pasts,they both committed atrocious acts to eventually "save mankind". Their ultimate goal was to destroy humanity to end their suffering. Only difference is that Krelian atoned for his wrongs, Seymour died believing what he did was right. Unlike most villains, they don't have the "I'm gonna destroy the world because it's there" or "I will become a god" motive.[!] / message [/!][!] sig [/!]

Karellen
06-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Krelian didn't want to destroy humanity, he wanted to return everything to a perfect wave-like existence where there is no suffering. He was using Deus to achieve this.

Seymour is more comparable to Grahf, who actually did want to destroy everything for similar reasons.

sephirothishere
07-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Pure being for this earth is a good thing. A worthy cause if you ask me.

Proxy
07-18-2007, 05:21 AM
wait what? Ok i'm lost. Seymour was a bad guy?
Krelian is probably one of my most favorite "Villians"

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Seymour lacks the depth and respectability to be placed beside the likes of Krelian. Krelian is quite possibly one of the greatest antagonist ever written in an RPG and his motive and character are far better explained and justified than poor Seymour.

The main thing that I feel truly makes them different is the fact that Krelian redeems himself. He goes to be with God(WE) cause he knows that he has done too much to deserve living in peace with Fei and Elly. Seymour suffers the fate of most FF villians and becomes a victim of his own ambitions.

But I do agree that Seymour is more like Grahf who was another misguided soul. Yet once again Grahf at least becomes aware of his mistakes and sorta've redeems himself at the very end.