"Beacause you are a puppet" -Jenova-

"This guy are sick" -Aeris-

"It is not coincidence" -Citan-

"You are a Turks!" -Tseng I think-

"The Road to Mt. Hobbs is being blocked by a thick ice." -an FFIV Character-

"I am alright. And I am a White Mage. I won't bother you" -Rosa-

"Let us we go." -Citan-

"I wanna be a blitzball when I grow up." -Kid in Killika-

Do not open disc cover until further instructions" -message on completed discs on FFVII-

"Heletic Hojo". Should be Heretic

And no I did not forget AYB. Just wasn't one of my favorites.

Flying Mullet
06-21-2007, 07:14 PM
The most humorous in-game Engrish can be found here: http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-archive/52054-final-fantasy-iv-ah-power-cheese.html

theundeadhero
06-21-2007, 07:45 PM
"I wanna be a blitzball when I grow up." -Kid in Killika-That's no engrish. The kid wanted to be a blitzball when he grew up. What's wrong with that?

Big Brother
06-21-2007, 08:07 PM
they just forgot to add the "er" at the end of the word

Lachrymosa
06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
One of my all time favorites is from Xenogears: "My father? You mean my dad?" Makes me laugh every time. No, Fei, he meant your mom.

"This guy are sick" and the kid wanting to be a blitzball are priceless too. I'm sure there's others, but I can't think of any at the moment.

Mirage
06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
What's wrong with "Because you are a puppet?"

And "I wanna be a blitzball" is because he's a stupid kid, not because the translators suck. It's meant as comic relief.

Big Brother
06-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Because it was "Beacause you are a puppet."

Mirage
06-22-2007, 03:15 PM
I never noticed that, must have been fixed in the PAL PS1 and PC release. Even so, it's just a typographical error, not a mistranslation.

scrumpleberry
06-22-2007, 06:14 PM
The Zelda old man ones are great, I'm not sure if those were engrishes or text limitation tho...

My fave is "If all else fails, use fire." from Zelda II. Probably not engrish but whatever.

Also, if you like engrish, this site Welcome to Engrish.com! (http://www.engrish.com/) is great.

ReloadPsi
06-22-2007, 08:23 PM
The Zelda old man ones are great, I'm not sure if those were engrishes or text limitation tho...

My fave is "If all else fails, use fire." from Zelda II. Probably not engrish but whatever.

Also, if you like engrish, this site Welcome to Engrish.com! (http://www.engrish.com/) is great.

ONES WHO DOESN'T HAVE TRIFORCE CAN'T GO IN

Yeah, well if you're forcing me to stay within RPGs, it's gonna have to be the massive cock-up with Kiros' weapon in FF8: It should've been "Katar" but they wrote "Katal" instead. I assume some moron originally wrote "Kataru" in the Japanese version instead of "Kataa", which it technically shoulda been... anyone able to verify that?

Stepping outside the RPG world, thus ignoring the point of the thread, I find it hard to choose between Super Contra's "LET'S ATTACK AGGRESSIVELY!", Battle Rangers' "GET YOU THE HOT BULLETS OF SHOTGUN TO DIE!" or Bravoman's "HA HA HA ! GO TO NOTING !"*, as shouted by the final boss if he kicks your ass.

If we stray from video games altogether, I have to either pick "A wheelchair can't bring it" as written on a gondola ride in Japan, or just about any line from Star War The Third Gathers - The Backstroke Of The West. (Star Wars 3, as translated back from Mandarin by someone who had injected heroin into his brain)

*Yeah, it's supposed to be "NOTING". Don't correct me.

f f freak
06-22-2007, 08:28 PM
"It is not coincidence" -Citan-

What's wrong with this? And don't say it should have an A because it doesn't need one depending on what was said before it.

Big Brother
06-22-2007, 11:31 PM
SIGURD
"But I never thought I would meet you here, 'Hyu'..."

[Citan turns to Sigurd.]

CITAN
"It is not coincidence. It is an inevitable consequence... I assume."

[Sigurd turns to face Citan.]

SIGURD
"... Hyuga... Are you saying something is about to happen?"

Aydin
06-23-2007, 09:14 AM
FFIV- "You spoony bard!"
FFVII- "He are sick" (Something like that)
FFX- "I wanna be a blitzball when i grow up!"
FFX2- "The awesome sphere!!!1!!!11" (Excited)

Jessweeee♪
06-23-2007, 01:02 PM
"Off course!"
FFVII Battle Arena thingy in the Golden Saucer. You see it should be Of course, with one F. Not off course, as in you are straying from your path o_o

My favorite favorite is definately "I wanna be a blitzball when I grow up!"

I had that on the side of my school binder and no one understood the joke :(

My school is loaded with FF fans, but I don't have classes with any of them :P

ReloadPsi
06-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh man, they just keep coming back to me...

DON'T THINK YOU HAVE WON ALL! I WILL ONCE AGAIN COME SOMEDAY TO KILL YOU ALL AND GET THIS TOWN UNDER MY CONTROL! WAIT UNTIL THAT DAY COMES!

WARRIORS! Revive the power of the ORBS!

Next is the turn of you!

I am the great Cackletta's most best pupil, who is named Fawful! I am here, laughing at you!

Fatal Impurity
06-23-2007, 05:21 PM
"BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS" - Message before a boss in Radient Silvergun/Ikaruga

"Midgard" - Midgar sign FF7 (oh the irony!)

and

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/2541/untitledam1.jpg

These Win!

Jessweeee♪
06-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Next is the turn of you!

I am the great Cackletta's most best pupil, who is named Fawful! I am here, laughing at you!

I've never played that, but reading those made me laugh so hard XD

Amundusias
06-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Son of a Submariner, or something along the lines of that.

Vivisteiner
06-23-2007, 11:14 PM
What was "You spoony bard" supposed to be?

ReloadPsi
06-24-2007, 02:00 PM

"Spoony" means something along the lines of being lovesick or sentimental to the point of being a bit of a moron, thus it was actually meant to be "You spoony bard".

So if you've ever done something stupid out of love or sentiment, you were being spoony. Congragrations!

Obsidian
06-28-2007, 05:37 PM
"I oppose peace!!" -Some soldier before the dinner with the Emperor in FFVI.

Not Engrish, I know, but it makes for a good t-shirt to wear around a college campus.

Vivisteiner
06-28-2007, 09:39 PM

"Spoony" means something along the lines of being lovesick or sentimental to the point of being a bit of a moron, thus it was actually meant to be "You spoony bard".

So if you've ever done something stupid out of love or sentiment, you were being spoony. Congragrations!

So if 'you spoony bard' makes sense, then how is the Engrish involved?

Zeromus_X
06-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Tellah calls Gilbert a bastard in the Japanese version. Obviously they had to censor this back then, and thus a hilarious line that obtained cult status was born.

Anyway, Final Fantasy IV: Ah, The Power of Cheese (http://www.demented3d.com/ffiv)

FFVII has some pretty ridiculous mistranslations/grammar mistakes/typographical errors too.

qwertysaur
06-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Next is the turn of you!

Those are not engrish. Fawful is supposed to talk like that. He always did have a loose grip on reality, with lines like "Fink-rat" and "I have fury!" They are still funny though.

Big Brother
06-29-2007, 03:51 PM
"Doth thou desire my power?" -Grahf-

It should be dost

Clawsze
06-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Tales of Phantasia.

Dhoas at the first scene: WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!!!

OOC much?

ReloadPsi
06-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Next is the turn of you!

Those are not engrish. Fawful is supposed to talk like that. He always did have a loose grip on reality, with lines like "Fink-rat" and "I have fury!" They are still funny though.

I know they're intentional, but since they're pretty malformed sentences anyway I just let it go; I intentionally speak Engrish all the time, all too aware that it's wrong.

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2007, 01:35 AM
When I put "This guy are sick." People kept correcting me :cry:

My Speech teacher ran up to me and pointed and said, it should be That guy is sick or Those guys are sick. No one understood the joke any more than the blitzball one :kaocry2:

cloud21zidane16
07-11-2007, 01:06 AM
My favorite favorite has got to be FFX "I wanna be a blitzball when I grow up!" i laughed and then wondered for a while whether if it was a mistake or not:p

BG-57
08-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Although it's not an RPG or even an FF, my favorites are from Zero Wing. Not that it's obvious or anything. :D

Jessweeee♪
08-16-2007, 12:26 AM
I love how in FFVII the side of the truck in the Shinra building says "Midgal"

The Unknown Guru
08-26-2007, 02:14 AM
"You, the man of
Darkness using it does
not mean anything to
me, you fools!"

ReloadPsi
08-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon...

Ebisumaru: What is it!!! (Having just seen a house blow up)

Ushiwaka: Just throw this Achilles' Heel at Benkei! I'm sure he'll move to the aside! (He then hands you a weird rolling log)

Dancin'/Lily: Oh gorgeous my stage!

Goemon: Swine! They activated the time device, and ran!

Yae: Why do they always leave by spinning? Well, regardless of that, we must head toward the Chugoku region.

Firo Volondé
08-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Only one that I can think of that hasn't been mentioned already is "Isaac got an Herb!"

feioncastor
08-28-2007, 07:39 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned "Defeat Dycedarg's Elder Brother!" or "Life is short! Bury! Steady Sword!" or "Mogri" or even "Rich" for that matter. Ooh, and the whole "Clops" instead of "Cyclops" thing.

The "Defeat Dycedarg's Elder Brother" objective is probably my personal favorite.

BG-57
08-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Mistranslated names opens up a whole new can of worms.

My favorite example of that would be the Elements in Xenogears, who are supposed to be named for the celestial heirarchy of angels: Dominion, Seraphim, Cherubim, and Throne.

The first two emerged recognizable as Dominia and Seraphita, but the last two came out as Kelvina and Tolone. Kelvina is particularly instructive into the pitfalls of translating a name with ambiguous lettering. The translator had to choose between B/V and R/L and chose wrong both times.

Jiro
08-29-2007, 11:18 AM
"Isaac got an Herb" is not Engrish becasue Herb in America is mostly spoken as "erb" therefore "an" is needed. I thought this was odd too for a while

Croyles
09-04-2007, 10:42 PM
"Would you like to continue?"

"Off course!"

Not the best one, but still good. :D

Madame Adequate
09-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Assassin Cock

That game should be much more legendary for Engrish than it is.